Television THE SANDMAN TV Series (Renewed for Season at Netflix, post #192)

I watched the first episode and was immensely bored. There are a lot of teh gheys in this, out of interest, is that part of the source material?

I'll try again after jerking off - maybe that will help with my sexual frustration.
The main character looks like he is on the verge of cumming and crying at the same time

The comic version looked like a Keith Richards and Sid Vicious lovechild. Instead they got Bernard from Black Books

Last edited:
The main character looks like he is on the verge of cumming and crying at the same time

The comic version looked like a Keith Richards and Sid Vicious lovechild. Instead they got Bernard from Black Books
Interesting.

And for the record, having homosexual leads in movies or shows makes no difference to me. Especially if its well made. It just seems from what attention I did pay, that everything is gay in this show. I'll re-watch to give it a fair try.

Interesting.

And for the record, having homosexual leads in movies or shows makes no difference to me. Especially if its well made. It just seems from what attention I did pay, that everything is gay in this show. I'll re-watch to give it a fair try.
I feel the same way about Tombstone

Does anyone else think casting Patton Oswalt as Matthew was a mistake? I think his voice detracts from the gravitas of this show.

Nah, his voice work is actually perfect. That's pretty much how I heard him in my head, when reading the books. Matthew reads like he sounds. The casting for the main players in the show has been very good, actually. Death is the only one that didn't do much for me(at least not yet). The actress isn't bad, but she's just a bit plain, whereas I envisioned her being more bubbly and having more layers, instead of just playing it straight.

Sandman is perfect. Desire is perfect. The Corinthian is great. Lucifer was different, but done well. Sandman's assistant is great. They nailed the casting, for the most part.

Interesting.

You're not wrong. It's all laid on a little thick, to the point where you would think there wasn't one straight character in the show, and when there is, they have secret gay desires. The books didn't shy away from such subjects, but it was way more organic.

I'll say this though, for a show that clearly has some agenda ridden social political fingers in the pie behind the scenes, it's not a deal breaker, since most of the stuff surrounding it, is done really well. They at least managed to focus on strong script writing, as well as getting their "message" in there.

Once i got over the main character doing his best blue steel impression, the show got really good. Finished it in 2 days, and will be anticipating the next season.

About the woke thing, i'm not familiar with the source material but it did seem like they had a lot of it. Especially with the gay sex, there's quite a lot. I mean a lot. I would prefer if there wasn't that much, tbh.

But I can look past it for a good enough story.

Can't unsee the blue steel though

sandman-sdcc.jpg

main-qimg-7e4c9b09d44c4b855541917e0054e9d3.webp

Watched a few clips on YouTube and actually looks good. How is everyone enjoying it?

Watched a few clips on YouTube and actually looks good. How is everyone enjoying it?
It's pretty good. I've watched first 5 episodes and some are also pretty accurate to the comics (i.e. A hope in hell, episode 4)

Finished it up.

A bit of a rocky start, found it's footing, and then fell off a cliff in the finale. The wrap up to the whole Rose Walker saga was so lazy and cringe. I guess it's a problem when dealing with such a mystical story line, that it's hard to stick the landing if you're rushed to do so. It played like you were on page 75 of a book, and then skipped to page 200 to see how it ended. It's all vessels...dream babies...yada, yada, but without proper build up and execution, it's just a bunch of incoherent gobblygook.

It also didn't help that the actress who played Rose was just awful, when she was forced to expand her performance and emote. Pure cringe, and unfortunately she was tasked with carrying a lot of the finale's load. I also thought it was telling about the effort that was put into this episode, that they actually left a dialogue flub in there, where the Corinthian refers to Rose as "Ruth".

Anyways, overall the series was better than I expected for the most part, despite the finale. There were some really strong episodes in there, and as an adaptation that was always gonna be a very tall task to pull off, they hit more than they missed. I hope it gets renewed, and they get a chance to improve on an uneven, but ultimately respectable first effort.

7/10

I am thinking about watching this. Just a few safe questions:

Is there any gay sex or make out scenes?

If no. Then i guess i will give it a go

I am thinking about watching this. Just a few safe questions:
Is there any gay sex or make out scenes?
If no. Then i guess i will give it a go
There's no gay sex, make out, black, asian, Hispanic, LGBTQ, women, kids, old people, animals, demons, enslavement, people with glasses, people who wear lipstick, people with hair, people with eyes.
paulie-gualtieri-pauly.gif

From what the artist said, Peter Murphy, with a mix of Robert Smith and some Russian dancer.

If this series was the only artefact an alien race had of human civilization they would assume 75% of humanity was gay.

Back