The Rock: Brigadier General Francis X Hummel vs the Government

Coffee79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you haven't seen the Rock starring Nic Cage, Sean Connery, and Ed Harris, you are not American nor awesome. You have until this week.

For those who have: On what grounds is the actions of Hummel any less moral than those in the government who have stood by while patriots fought and died for their cause and weren't even given a military burial ? Hummel's methods of hostage taking, threats of chemical weapons, and bribery are all wrong - without doubt. But the end of the movie makes it obvious that the government will continue it's ways; ensuring more young men will put their lives on the line for wars they will be abandoned in.

Also noteworthy: Not a single civilian was killed by Hummel in his actions.

Love that movie

Maybe we can get the sequel

Of the black tram driver "that motherfucker ain't save no where, I'm going to hunt him down" trying to get revenge on Mason

Love that movie

Maybe we can get the sequel

Of the black tram driver "that motherfucker ain't save no where, I'm going to hunt him down" trying to get revenge on Mason

A sequel would have worked, the problem is the movie was theatrically released in 1996.

(In Scottish accent) Welcome to the ROCK.

Also i loved Ed Harris in this movie and his role in Enemy at the Gates as well.

'All I care about is are you happy with your hair?'

Last edited:
Such a great movie. It epitomizes everything about action movies from the 80s and 90s.

Patriotism is a virtue of the vicious, according to Oscar Wilde.

Best part of the movie is when the brother in the cell yells out,
"what kinda fucked up tour is this!"

Great movie. "You man this sidearm?"

And "Winners go home and fuck the prom queen."

Back