The reviews for EA UFC are weird.

MigitAs

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I’m trying to get an idea of how good or bad this game actually is, but mostly what I’m seeing is people giving it either 1/10 or 9/10 for score. Some people are saying Fuck EA they just put out another piece of garbage without changing much (except the gameplay which they made worse apparently), or people saying they really like the graphics update, and the new control modifications. I think everyone agrees the career mode sucks ass tho.

I’m trying to get an idea of how good or bad this game actually is, but mostly what I’m seeing is people giving it either 1/10 or 9/10 for score. Some people are saying Fuck EA they just put out another piece of garbage without changing much (except the gameplay which they made worse apparently), or people saying they really like the graphics update, and the new control modifications. I think everyone agrees the career mode sucks ass tho.
It's the classic battle of troll reviewers vs paid shill reviewers

godzilla-let-them-fight.gif

As for me, I'll stick with my 12 year old UFC undisputed 3

<{UberTS}>

I don't play the game but how did they fuck up the fighters voices so bad? who let that shit slide? lol

I don't play the game but how did they fuck up the fighters voices so bad? who let that shit slide? lol
they didn’t really. they just don’t carry over actual fighters voices into career mode if you choose to play as an actual IRL person. they just use the same default voices that created characters get.

as for the game’s content, it’s basically the same thing as UFC 4. i feel like there’s more potential for future content, but there’s almost no difference between 4 & 5 besides a new facial damage system, a couple new animations, & a dozen or so new fighters.

They didn’t. That’s the career/story mode. It’s just a stock voice for every character. If you choose a real life fighter, it’s the same voice. Obviously they didn’t record or replicate the voice of every fighter in the game.

Every sports game in existence is the same way.

I haven't played since UFC 2. Are ground transitions still horrific?

It looks exactly like UFC 4.

Which sucked. Literally felt like a downgrade from 3.

I still play the one on Dreamcast. The one where Kevin Randleman does Tae Kwon Do kicks and Big John McCarthy does backflips.

Gotta see for yourself.

Game reviews are trash tbh, the scale seems to be 7 to 10, even if its the same as UFC 3 sites will give it 8 or 9 if it plays good.

Never ever pay attention to user reviews for movies or games. When I'm thinking of dropping $60 (now $70 ffs) on a game, I check the professional reviews on Metacritic

I still play the one with McGregor and Rousey on the cover
I have the one with Anderson.

I liked it.

I'm at least 3 PS#s behind.
I bought the game and the system used in around 2016.

It's the classic battle of troll reviewers vs paid shill reviewers

godzilla-let-them-fight.gif

As for me, I'll stick with my 12 year old UFC undisputed 3

<{UberTS}>
I remember getting throwdown when it came out and being so enthralled I had the poster of tito throwing a flying knee that I don't think he ever threw in his career on my wall. RIP Mask
s-l1600.jpg

Fun fact, in Japan, it's known as UFC 2: Tapout (UFC2 タップアウト, UFC2 Tappuauto). It's hilarious how often Japanese sounds like someone trying to imitate Japanese.

I just got it today. The new grappling system will take a minute (though you can go legacy). The button mapping is way better and makes more sense, definitely prettier, the brought back ground elbows, and the cuts/damage is a massive step up. Idk if it's worth 70(what is) but I got it for 45 and am happy

Back