The Reverse Guillotine

north south guillotine, perfectly legal in UFC or any grappling tournament. it is very tight, i hate being put in that, and if you go for it and the guy escapes, you got a 5 finger guillotine from top side.

See Monson vs. Hinkle I believe it was, in the UFC.

^ I think you might be right...

I'm like 90% sure that was the choke Monson used, but I can't find my Couture-Liddell 3 DVD *anger*
anyway yeah if that was it that should answer TS's question

it's classified as a north/south choke

if anything, i would consider a 'reverse guillotine' to be a neck crank from mount with your feet underhooked, hardly a choke nevertheless the closest as far as positioning

hey flashnsmash I see you're from Hali
I'm from Antigonish but I'm stuck in Summerside PEI right now

aka monson choke.

up for the award of most popular choke in 2007.

okay cool, so I guess I was right then :D I think what flashnsmash is talking about is just a mounted guillotine

hey flashnsmash I see you're from Hali
I'm from Antigonish but I'm stuck in Summerside PEI right now

shitty deal bro, I'm not sure if there's any grappling over there, Antigonish has a judo club I believe, and I know a few BJJ guys who go to X

okay cool, so I guess I was right then :D I think what flashnsmash is talking about is just a mounted guillotine

that's what i kinda transitioned into after describing the N/S choke, yes

yeah man no grappling here which sucks, I'm thinking about going to train at Titans in Hali for the summer though
oh ok just re-read your post and now I see what you were saying

yeah man no grappling here which sucks, I'm thinking about going to train at Titans in Hali for the summer though
oh ok just re-read your post and now I see what you were saying

i know a few boys who train there, good place for sure

although we do have a 2008 Pan-Am Champ in Truro lol!

yessir, my buddy Jake won lightweight adult purple belt, and while i haven't seen the comprehensive results i DO know that Ryan Hall was in his division

oh man that's awesome I know Ryan Hall's a sick grappler too, or Dr. Ryangles as they call him

This is pretty much my favorite choke, and it is a choke opposed to a crank if you do it right, although some people may not really give a shit and will get the tap any way they can.

Back