• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Reason Why Some People Hate GSP

I get salty when people are so biased, that they consider a guy who wasn't able to finish a fighter in his weight class in OVER A DECADE, a top level fighter. It's pretty sad.
No, you're pretty sad because you can't or won't acknowledge the level of comparative competition he faced and handily beat at the time. During his reign, what division was more stacked from 1 to 10? None, you fool. And who, at the time, had a better fight IQ? Same answer. Who outwrestled D1 wrestlers and outstruck world class strikers on a regular basis? Same fucking answer.
You don't like him because you don't like him. Plain and simple you ignorant simpleton.
1519036731208.jpg

All I have to say about GSP at the moment is that I hope his new e-sports team brings him much success, but holy hell does his Overwatch team suck.

GSP is a cherry picker, a liar, a quitter, and a fraud.

People hate him because he's an opportunistic cherry picking, vaseline cheating, decision lay and pray artist, who's not fooling any sensible, objective person.

Interesting opinion. There are many examples where top coaches and mma fighters alike seem to have nothing but respect for GSP and so, disagree with you. I guess they all must not be sensible, objective people. They are just involved in the sport at the highest levels.
The massive amount of fans he has must also be fools. How fortunate you must feel to be so enlightened mr. random internet guy?

Living vicariously through GSP doesn't make his money your's, ts.

GSP is a cherry picker, a liar, a quitter, and a fraud.

It must just burn you up that the guy kept winning and will be a hall of famer,lol. The snivelling of a small but vocal group does not change anything. The majority of mma fans respect the guy. I hope you will be ok.

I’m the idiot who responded to a thread and moved the conversation forward with my OPINION, but you’re the guy who didn’t even respond to the thread and is just a gsp white knight. Lol, ok.

Let hear your theory as to why so many people now don’t like your cadania boi.
I think he’s eroded the confidence of mma fans and people can read between the lines and see the kind of guy he really is.

What say you?

who cares...appeasing some shitty subset of 'fans' is not what pays the bills. none of those keyboard warriors is risking their health and earning potential when they cry about wanting him to take all sorts of unnecessary risks in the cage.

instead of asking why people hate him, ask yourself why GSP (or his fans) should give one fuck about what his critics think, when there is probably nothing he can do that would change their opinion of him anyway.

Living vicariously through GSP doesn't make his money your's, ts.
I made this thread to rustle some jimmies of guys like truthisfreedom and it's been working quite well.

<Goldie11>

y9YlVXv.jpg

gsp_dancing_tvshow2.gif

@JackSchtotll @xDogá

30 based on @ 6/fight Sounds like the number of times he fought a 5'9.5 sized fighter.

Interesting opinion. There are many examples where top coaches and mma fighters alike seem to have nothing but respect for GSP and so, disagree with you. I guess they all must not be sensible, objective people. They are just involved in the sport at the highest levels.
The massive amount of fans he has must also be fools. How fortunate you must feel to be so enlightened mr. random internet guy?

It doesn't take an "enlightened" individual to see why someone as boring and opportunistic as GSP is as popular as he is. All it takes is a little objectivity.

No, you're pretty sad because you can't or won't acknowledge the level of comparative competition he faced and handily beat at the time. During his reign, what division was more stacked from 1 to 10? None, you fool. And who, at the time, had a better fight IQ? Same answer. Who outwrestled D1 wrestlers and outstruck world class strikers on a regular basis? Same fucking answer.
You don't like him because you don't like him. Plain and simple you ignorant simpleton.
View attachment 343029

Heres a clue for you. personal insults don't make your opinion any more valid. All it does is show how triggered you are that someone is attacking the happy place in your mind.

1. Couldn't finish a fighter in his weight class in over 10 yrs.

2. Couldnt finish a fighter period, in over 5 years

3. Literally one of the top 5 most boring fighters in the UFC, if not the most boring.

4. Needed to cheat to beat a smaller BJ...someone who had the balls to move up. Something GSP ducked his entire career, until a weak one eyed champ presented an easy opportunity

5. Tucked tail and ran, when legit competition wanted to challenge his belt.

6. Tapped to strikes LOL

You sound dumb. When you grow up you'll learn people have different tastes and opinions and what you see and right or great someone else will see it as wrong or crappy.

GSP was boring AF and never tired to finish content to lay on another man 5 rounds. I'll never like a fighter like that.

The real reason people hate GSP is because he doesn't act like a middle schooler 24/7 and actually has morals and principles, and people have become conditioned to think that type of person is evil somehow.

Also, because he had the unmitigated gall to actually retire on top instead of hanging on at least 5 years past when he should, with the inevitable long losing streak like "real" legends are supposed to.

Also, because he came back and beat Bisping, who people love for some odd reason, and then never defended even though the same people bashing him for that are somehow perfectly fine with Conor never defending TWO belts.

As far as the boring thing half the UFC roster from what I see makes GSP look like Cerrone these days. Also, let's conveniently ignore how many snoozefest decisions Jones has been in. Look it up, it's a lot more than you think.

Heres a clue for you. personal insults don't make your opinion any more valid. All it does is show how triggered you are that someone is attacking the happy place in your mind.

3. Literally one of the top 5 most boring fighters in the UFC, if not the most boring.

4. Needed to cheat to beat a smaller BJ...someone who had the balls to move up. Something GSP ducked his entire career, until a weak one eyed champ presented an easy opportunity

6. Tapped to strikes LOL
1. You need to learn the definition of Unanimous decision. It means there was absolutely no doubt who the better and most dominant fighter was. A finish is more convincing but isn't absolutely necessary when the guy does whatever he wants with his opponents and takes them down at will.

2. Same as point 1.

3. That's just your opinion.

4. False. He didn't cheat. Don't mistake what his team did to him cheating. I don't know who you consider the GOAT is, but it better not be Jon Jones or Anderson Silva. GSP has one of the cleanest records.

5. Makes absolutely no sense. He's faced legit competition, top 10 and top 5 guys his entire career. You are clueless about MMA if you can't recognize the legitimacy and quality of the opponents he's faced. He litterally cleaned out 2 generations of top WW guys.

6. Typical basement dwelling moron statement.

It doesn't take an "enlightened" individual to see why someone as boring and opportunistic as GSP is as popular as he is. All it takes is a little objectivity.

Oh,no. don't be modest now. You were just so kind to again point out that the average person does not understand what they are looking at. I don't understand how someone who is opportunistic or boring could be super popular. How could we make such a mistake?

Oh wait, I think I figured it out. Lets see, maybe it is because this is your opinion and most people don't share it or give a shit how salty you are about the guys success.
So people like you say he is boring because he gets guys down but I don't see the lay n pray. He seems to always be looking for a way to advance position and do damage. The ref's clearly agree being that they rarely, if ever stood him up. Are you smarter about mma than the ref's also?

You say he is opportunistic for wanting Bisping? Yes he is. He saw an opportunity to come back after a long layoff and move up a weight class to face a guy who is a good style match up for him, make history and a pile of money.
He was always judged by his haters for not moving up a weight class which is just silly to start with, and so he checked that box in his career. Bisping is a good style match, he is also no cake walk. Bisping knocked out the champion, is much larger and has smoked a lot of good fighters in his career. The haters are just like my ex, always looking for something to bitch about. What next? will you guys be calling for him to fight a fucking bear? If you hate him and just want him to lose, say so instead of dancing around the issue.

It never gets old when people state their opinion almost as if it is fact and then proceed to top if off by insinuating that if you disagree then you are stupid.

6. Tapped to strikes LOL
Not triggered at all. And that's a fucking stupid word, almost as bad as cringey. Use adult words, boy.
You're still an idiot.
1519029342658.gif

He's good but not on the level of guys like Anderson Silva, Jon Jones and Fedor. He didn't finish fights and fought too safe ... try explaining to a casual how the so called greatest fighter of all time only won on points lol.

Back