the reason so many hate the ronda

sir loin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
if you read through these forums she is the most hated person ever she is a joke

yet it is the opposite in the mainstream, who's congregate opinion of people is what, you know, actually matters

so what is it with this weird hatred on the internets

I've been a fan of women in mma for a long time, before women were in ufc, if you were to bring up female fighters on any mma news commentary section or message board a decade ago or so, the overwhelming response would be 'jokes' about how women are only good to be sex object slash domestic servant. they were a loud minority of woman haters but they were still very sizable. these people are still here

Ronda is the biggest UFC star right now, which is like a mystery to these people. who wants to watch women fight and celebrate them for it - you must be some kind of gay feminist white knight or something

these people were actually kind of ok with gina carano because she was never a major figure in the sport and had a demure shy attitude which made her look submissive and non threatening

oh and don't forget that Ronda is this 'butch' girl who is on the cover of all these magazines as a mainstream sex symbol. that brings an extra layer of hatred

NKpXZJP.gif

people are soulless sheep that only squawk what they hear like parrots.

people are always antagonists in a anonymous forum because they can't be in real life.

You could make a thread praising ronda and you would have a guy bashing her looks and skill.

Or you could make a thread putting ronda down and you would have the exact same sherdogger white knighting her.

Its simple-minded human nature, this forum is filled to the brim with these type of NPC robots that always have to argue instead of giving accurate opinions.

Last edited:
They dislike ronda cause she says stupid things in interviews and they dislike her cause every other day they need to hear ronda can beat *insert male *I noticed Joanna Jedrzejczyk is way more liked overall on sherdog. I think its cause she is just very cool and always laid back, never says anything stupid.
I wish ronda was more like her.

inb4 mods delete thread

Last edited:
I think part of the reason the types you're talking about bitch and moan so much is that they know the world they live in is changing.

Just like as time went by there was less and less room for people who felt other ethnicities were inferior to their own, there is now less and less room in the public sphere for the men who feel women are inferior or should be subservient to them.

They can feel that in the real world they're becoming a joke so they band together on internet forums where they can hang on desperately to their outdated world view while everyone else moves on with it.

Well obviously we should trust the opinion of people that saw her for 5 seconds on espn highlights and her as a guest on a talk show before we trust hardcore fans of the sport.

The hate is mostly reactionary.

RRR says he can beat Mayweather, and you get a backlash...

Or when you hear that every time she fights it is a historical event...

Or when the mainstream thinks Bethe was a world-beater and you explain that she isn't means you're a hater.

I get ya, but you have a huge blind spot.

ronda is a great fighter, i love watching her fight.

her supporters, however, are among the most hysterical, aggressive, loud, delusional, obnoxious band of cretins i ever saw on this site. even worse than conor's. i think the number one reason she gets a lot of hate on this forum is because of that group. basically people want to see those idiotic shitkickers choke.

so all the morons making "can ronda knock out mike tyson" threads are not doing her any favors. without them, she'd be treated rather neutrally.

Who hates Ronda?

She is the best thing that could happen to MMA

No Ronda No UFC

there is now less and less room in the public sphere for the men who feel women are inferior

But women are physically inferior. FACT not up for dispute.

Do i think Ronda could beat up men (ei: dillashaw?) No.
.... just because she can beat other women "cans" in her division doesn't mean she could beat Mendez say.

Who really hates Ronda, though?

People that don't like WMMA use Ronda as the lighting rod -- that's where the vast majority of the supposed "hate" comes from, so it's not Ronda herself, that they hate, per se.

Misplaced anger that's all.

Believe me when I say that Gina Carano would have gotten just as much as venomous hate as RRR if she was just half as successful.

Ronda is currently an anomaly. No one can conceivably beat her right now. She is steamrolling her competition, appearing in big movies, commercials and writing books and making it all look very, very easy.

I am a fan of Ronda but when you hear Joe Rogan say shit like "Once in a lifetime athlete" you can't help but roll your eyes at the absurd hyperbole. Here it every week and It's easy to see how others will find that annoying to the point where they start hating everything about Ronda and start nitpicking shit they would otherwise never care or notice before.

Because we're being told on a regular basis that this is a trascendent athlete.

2jw9BCj.gif

1) She is a hypocrite.
2) Ducks Cyborg
3) Talks crap about other fighters in other sports and even those that are dead that she can supposedly beat but she knows will never have to back up her ridiculous fat mouthed claims.

I dislike her because she puts her foot in her mouth a lot. I remember her once going out of her way to talk shit about Tito Ortiz (I know he can be an easy target for fans and fighters alike), at a time she probably didn't know the guy. When I saw her do that, I just got the feeling she was trying hard to follow in the footsteps of Dana white with his Tito feud. She gets upset when people get personal with her, but she feels she has the right to publicly direct very personal attacks in the direction of Ariany and Kim Kardashian. When she was a nobody, she criticized female fighters for using their looks to promote themselves. However, when she gets popular, the first thing she does is take off her clothes. the hypocrisy on her part is astounding. I admire the athlete, but the person is obnoxious.

**forgot to add the hypocrisy of hating Floyd Mayweather for his domestic violence history, while idolizing the angel that is Mike Tyson.

Last edited:
whenever someone gets to the top mma fans cant wait to rip them apart and see them fail it seems.

Plus she's a female.

Back