• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The purchase of PrideFC in 2007

Honestly though,UFC is a USA based company. US fans dont care about presentation like that as much as youd think. Here,they use the boxing model cos thats how it's done. Plus Pride ran one card every 2 months,so they had time to doll it up. No way UFC could do all the cards they have now like that.

Japanese attention to details is largely unappreciated here imo. Ppl here rather just get to the fights as fast as possible.
Well I dunno... loved that redhead chick shouting/ announcing fighters in japanese... if you didint liked something, doesnt meant others disliked something also. Boxing model that ufc using is... pathetic but cheap :p thats why they use it.

Minowa on something resembling the Dolce Diet and with a weight cut absolutely makes 155...probly Sakuraba too.

Wand was never the best LHW in the world. Lost to Tito, blown out by Belfort, split with Arona, lost to Chuck, Randy woulda did him worse than Tito, and never fought Shogun or Rogerio...

Not even remotely comparable to Jones lol

Are you nuts?

Wanderlei was the best LHW in the world for years, which is know to anyone who has a clue about MMA history, and which is visible from rankings of those times. He held Pride LHW title for years while UFC was Bellator. And Wand was king of destruction who brought destruction into your face, not like that lamer Jones who would get his head taken off in the corner of the ring.

Sakuraba & Minowa
You can be 125 lbs if you want, if you can beat decorated HW's, you are legit in fights with no weight limit.

Well I dunno... loved that redhead chick shouting/ announcing fighters in japanese... if you didint liked something, doesnt meant others disliked something also. Boxing model that ufc using is... pathetic but cheap :p thats why they use it.
It's not pathetic,its just different. I loved the pride entrances. I'm just saying that when ufc was trying to sell their product in the states,alot of thar stuff might have turned ppl off,or was simply an unnecessary expense.

Are you nuts?

Wanderlei was the best LHW in the world for years, which is know to anyone who has a clue about MMA history, and which is visible from rankings of those times. He held Pride LHW title for years while UFC was Bellator. And Wand was king of destruction who brought destruction into your face, not like that lamer Jones who would get his head taken off in the corner of the ring.

Sakuraba & Minowa
You can be 125 lbs if you want, if you can beat decorated HW's, you are legit in fights with no weight limit.

Wand got ko'd by Hendo and lost his ufc debut to Chuck---getting wresgle-fucked i in the process lol. Wrestlefucked by Tito, Arona, and Chick...good luck against Randy lmao.

2 wins over Page including a BS standup and a split over Arona---who he also lost to lol.

Lost to Page and has never been close to special under drug testing lol

Wand got ko'd by Hendo and lost his ufc debut to Chuck---getting wresgle-fucked i in the process lol. Wrestlefucked by Tito, Arona, and Chick...good luck against Randy lmao.

2 wins over Page including a BS standup and a split over Arona---who he also lost to lol.

Lost to Page and has never been close to special under drug testing lol
Wanderlei is a GOD.
People go to jail for what he did to Rampage in those 2 fights

Ob yea and Ricco schooled their clear #2.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...ntroversial-decisions-scorin´systems.4020275/

Judging was skewed — possibly corrupted — during certain bouts.
Complexity led to misunderstandin´...

like Kanehara, Oyama, and Ron Waterman’s of the world.
OGs like Kanehara have to hespekted.

2 wins over Page including a BS standup
That stand-up was hardly problematic.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/deconstructing-mma-myths-part-28-deaf-ears.3907767/

Wanderlei is a GOD.
People go to jail for what he did to Rampage in those 2 fights

And for what Page did to him in a sanctioned, drug-tested fight.

Wand's great but to pretend he'd have had anything for or is comparable to Bones or DC is silly.

And for what Page did to him in a sanctioned, drug-tested fight.

Wand's great but to pretend he'd have had anything for or is comparable to Bones or DC is silly.
Anytime someone mentions sanctioned fight I can't take you seriously. Fix your pocket protector,pointdexter.

I remember some fighters like Kharitonov and Joachim Hansen adamant about not going there.

Both were offered TUF contestant contracts, less than 10k/10k per fight.

It's not pathetic,its just different. I loved the pride entrances. I'm just saying that when ufc was trying to sell their product in the states,alot of thar stuff might have turned ppl off,or was simply an unnecessary expense.
Well I still belive they do it coz it's cheap... + that ufc have way more events then pride ( once every 2-3 months), so it would be hard to make entrances like that on every event. But I belive we deserver 2 events per year like that, just for pleasure of seeing it, cheers.

Well I still belive they do it coz it's cheap... + that ufc have way more events then pride ( once every 2-3 months), so it would be hard to make entrances like that on every event. But I belive we deserver 2 events per year like that, just for pleasure of seeing it, cheers.
Well they do it occasionally for the mega fights,like Conor v Khabib or Mendes,and Izzy's entrance

Well they do it occasionally for the mega fights,like Conor v Khabib or Mendes,and Izzy's entrance
I not talking about 1 fighter/ fight, I am talking about whole event... btw I loved that entrance with takada and drums ;)

I not talking about 1 fighter/ fight, I am talking about whole event... btw I loved that entrance with takada and drums ;)
Of course. I loved that shit too.

I just think that Its not really worth it when only a small portion of the audience actually appreciates shit like that. Just look at how many pride haters we have in here.

"huh-huh this is so ghey"

fuckin casuals.

Uncultured swine.

Honestly i loved the contrast between ufc's direct approach and Pride's pomp.

But now we just have one.

Of course. I loved that shit too.

I just think that Its not really worth it when only a small portion of the audience actually appreciates shit like that. Just look at how many pride haters we have in here.

"huh-huh this is so ghey"

fuckin casuals.

Uncultured swine.
Those people are not even haters... 95% of them never watched Pride... just mostly american neo kids, without a pride and intellect. Why criticize something you never watched... well coz they are dumbies ;).Same for example with Fedor saw his last fight and say he never was one of greatest HW fighters, screw that this guys is almost 45 now :p. Most americans still live in a soap bubble and thinks US is still most powerfull country in a world...

Those people are not even haters... 95% of them never watched Pride... just mostly american neo kids, without a pride and intellect. Why criticize something you never watched... well coz they are dumbies ;).Same for example with Fedor saw his last fight and say he never was one of greatest HW fighters, screw that this guys is almost 45 now :p. Most americans still live in a soap bubble and thinks US is still most powerfull country in a world...
And this is why we cant have nice things,boys.

Back