The problem with Cody is...

My2Cents

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
his fight IQ...

In both fight with TJ he was going straight for the kill after the knockdown, while in the Cruz fight he showed maximum (even to much) patience when he knocked him down...

The guy simply needs to work on his fight IQ if he ever wants to win that belt back

I feel bad for Cody Necktats. He would not go down. You could see how bad he wanted it. He got sucked into a brawl. Most guys would have crumbled to the shots Cody landed. But Dillashaw is just on another level. But props to Cody he showed a lot of heart. He was not going to go out easy.

Problem is with Cody that temper is always going to be there it's a gift and a curse. Guys like Dillashaw will use it as an advantage other guys will fold.

The truth why he lost is... the black guy always dies first.

We saw his fight IQ in the Cruz fight. It's bad judgement through emotions as everyone has said.

Needs to change camps. He's a dad now and needs to make that hard choice

The problem with Cody is...

...That he should've left TAM with TJ.

thx for the breakdown sherdog analyst , u should call cody tell em what he did wrong im sure he would appreciate the feedback

He doesn't have a striking coach.
Duh!

His ‘fight IQ’ ? It’s probably his IQ straight up.

Not only is his fight iq low, his actual iq might be worse.

Against Cruz he showed his arrogance. He was arrogant against TJ too, I dunno why he wanted to knock him so bad but it really fukd him.

TJ is a better fighter, plain and simple. and he didn't even use his superior wrestling.

Back