The pre-fight conference - why does it take place 15-24 hours before weigh in

octagonation

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I always found it to be unfair to fighters cutting weight and they have to go thru a wild conference just hours before the weigh in meaning They are cutting weight and dehydrated as fuk but have to go thru pre-fight conference..

I think the media day itself would be better or move Conf to Tuesday early fight week.

In few hours early in the morning they will step on the scale cutting weight all night

I don't disagree.

It's a product of promotion, hype, media and fan demands, etc. Not saying is right, but I figure that's the bulk of "why."

Marketing. They don't want to give the hype from the conference time to die down. So...fuck the fighters I guess

If i remember correctly usually they take place two days before weigh-in, but maybe there were issues doing so in this case because of the last minute changes to the card

If i remember correctly usually they take place two days before weigh-in, but maybe there were issues doing so in this case because of the last minute changes to the card

No.. Normally it takes place on Thursday and friday is weigh-in while saturday is fight night. It always has been this way.. Boxing does it same way as well

No.. Normally it takes place on Thursday and friday is weigh-in while saturday is fight night. It always has been this way.. Boxing does it same way as well
I just checked it you are correct. I agree the media day or earlier in the week would be ideal

Its literally the worst time to be talking to fighters during the “cut”

They are going into the final “squeeze” already hungry and tired, but hey, your a “star” now son! You made UFCeh!

Who cares, it's for our enjoyment.

When we say jump, they jump.

I always thought they INTENTIONALLY did it just a few days out to get irritated and emotional answers/reactions

It's for the fight. Some fighters don't want to go to the venue earlier. If they show up for this press conference then most likely the fight will go on. The worst is to have a press conference a week before the fight and then the fight is off. This stuff is also for the journalist and fans in attendance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back