The other WW fights on 158

thebaconator

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
so Dana said there will be 9 WW fighters + GSP on 158. After the top 3 fights what will could the last 2 fights be?

George StPierre vs Nick Diaz
Rory MacDonald vs Carlos Condit
Johnny Hendricks vs Jake Ellenberger

Joch Koschek vs Martin Kampmann?
Mike Pyle vs Mike Pierce? not top ten but both coming off impressive wins

after that its hard finding relevant WW's not booked

Wouldn't be surprised if Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy was booked for this event, though I was kinda hoping it would be on the Japan card.

Wouldn't be surprised if Matt Brown vs. Dan Hardy was booked for this event, though I was kinda hoping it would be on the Japan card.

Didn't even think of that matchup. I could see Brown winning by submission.

It will be Matt brown vs someone and Swick vs someone imo

Sean Pierson (Canadian WW), Matt Brown, Josh Koscheck (likely for 157 or this card) and Thiago Alves could be a few.

Sean Pierson (Canadian WW), Matt Brown, Josh Koscheck (likely for 157 or this card) and Thiago Alves could be a few.

Alves is out until mid 2013

no way Pierson ends up on the maincard, anyway Dana mentionned TOP WW, Pierson is hardly top 15...

I say Brown vs hardy and Kos vs Kampmann/Shields. Pierce vs Pyle make sense too but I'd HATE to see Pyle out fucked and wrestled

no way Pierson ends up on the maincard, anyway Dana mentionned TOP WW, Pierson is hardly top 15...

I say Brown vs hardy and Kos vs Kampmann/Shields. Pierce vs Pyle make sense too but I'd HATE to see Pyle out fucked and wrestled

I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Dana just said 9 WWs in the top 5 fights from what I remember. A Canadian born WW with a sizable fan following vs a guy like Mike Pyle or Dan Hardy seems like a solid mid card fight.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was. Dana just said 9 WWs in the top 5 fights from what I remember. A Canadian born WW with a sizable fan following vs a guy like Mike Pyle or Dan Hardy seems like a solid mid card fight.

9 + GSP

makes 10.

dude, forget Pierson for the maincard , lol

He can fight a guy like Hathaway on the FX card.

I believe the quote was "tough WW", which in promoter talk could be anyone in the top 50.

9 + GSP

makes 10.

dude, forget Pierson for the maincard , lol

He can fight a guy like Hathaway on the FX card.

I will bet you nothing of significance he's on the main card IF he's on this show. I can just see them squeezing him in behind the Canadian appeal, winning streak and the whole "welterweights on parade" aspect to the card against a dude like Matt Brown.

I think the TS nailed it pretty well.

St.Pierre vs Diaz
Condit vs Macdonald
Hendricks vs Ellenberger
Koscheck vs Kampmann
Pyle vs. Pierce

With Fitch vs Maia, E. Silva vs Hieron, and Kim vs Bahadurzada already booked the only other possible fights I could see making it would be Hardy vs. Brown. Shields is a wild card. Maybe they can save him as an injury replacement should the UFC have to reshuffle the deck.

I will bet you nothing of significance he's on the main card IF he's on this show. I can just see them squeezing him in behind the Canadian appeal, winning streak and the whole "welterweights on parade" aspect to the card against a dude like Matt Brown.

well lol this is not even worthy of being a sig bet or whatever but no man, he will not :wink:

if he fights on the maincard of UFC 158 I shall forever call you the oracle of Sherdog and will ask you about coming maincards to know the future and take your answers for granted.

well lol this is not even worthy of being a sig bet or whatever but no man, he will not :wink:

if he fights on the maincard of UFC 158 I shall forever call you the oracle of Sherdog and will ask you about coming maincards to know the future and take your answers for granted.

I'm so holding you to this. Guaranteed :icon_lol:

Edit: What about Jordan Mein? Technically he'll be freed up by then.

Back