• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

***The Official SANCTIONED Canelo/GGG PBP Thread***

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATV

Boss Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is it, gentlemen. Save the date for Saturday night.
hd-sport-tale-of-the-tape-v3.jpg

canelo-ggg-678x381.png

GGG via 10th round body shot. I called it first.

I'll take it as I would cash a bet, but I really have no idea in this one. Which is awesome.

Canelo will suffer a cut in the 10th and it will be called NC. Rematch in May next year

I got Canelo by split. How controversial it is depends on how the fight plays out.

I see this fight going the distance. Credit to Canelo's chin. Tough match up to call. Their styles play into each other's strengths but I think Canelo plays into Golovkin's a little better. Biggest game changer is gonna be Golovkin's jab. No doubt he'll use it as he has in all of his high(er) profile fights.

GGG's jab will be the difference specially against a shorter, flat footed opponent.I expect Canelo to win the majority of early round but getting stopped late. But then again, who knows?

You've been waiting for the perfect moment to unleash this one for how long?

It honestly just came to me while eating these fucking plain Cherrios with skim milk wishing they were something candy coated that I used to eat as a kid.

No way would I have been able to keep that one on the shelf had I thought of it sooner.

Usually I like skilled offense first fighters and usually at the highest levels they lose to skilled better pure boxers so I'm a little gunshy. That said I'm more optimistic about this one because Canelo lacks the great movement ability of a top flight pure boxer. So I'm going late GGG stoppage, but with some doubt. We shall see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back