the next 50 years

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the next 50 years globally.
What major changes do you think will take place in this time, china becomes a global superpower surpassing the united states? A new cold war begins? Robots take over?

EDIT: Anyone afraid of, or believe in the possibility of run away global warming, or at least enough global warming to put huge dent in our ways of life?

Last edited:
I'm pretty pessimistic about most things.

I'd be 78 ..... 18 years past my projected death

It can't be all bad right? At least the iPhone 50 will be out.

I'll be a crazy old man by then. I'll be safe in my compound with thousands of rounds. Fuck you zombies, and liberals.

Fully domesticated house flies.

Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the next 50 years globally.
What major changes do you think will take place in this time, china becomes a global superpower surpassing the united states? A new cold war begins? Robots take over?

well your first prediction is wrong, but i bet another space race will happen. And well probably be on mar's, we'll see fusion power, the new warp drive project will be interesting to hear about

Aren't scientists trying to make computers as intelligent as humans at the moment?

I can't see it ending well personally.

If you've ever read an Orwell novel, that's how I see the future. Not even joking.

Last edited:
I'll likely be dead before then but I imagine things will be much worse than they are now.

Africa is getting much wealthier, as is much of South America. Globally violence is way down, though you would never know it from cable news. Things are looking up. There is no reason they should satay that way, but nothing about present trends suggests a dystopian future.

Aren't scientists trying to make computers as intelligent as humans at the moment?

I can't see it ending well personally.

If you've ever read an Orwell novel, that's how I see the future. Not even joking.
Big brother is already watching, prole.

I'll be face down in a gutter within a year or 2 so Im not too worried.

You guys are screwed on the other hand. NK gonna lose their shit one day and accidentally let a nuke fly. WW3 ensues

The only thing I feel relatively certain of is that the U.S. continues to decline in the international community.

Otherwise, soccer becomes even bigger, UFC goes bankrupt and DW eats a gun, and religion becomes either completely non-existent or part of everything, depending on where you live.

I think as life gets easier and easier through technology as the decades go on, people will increasingly turn to drug abuse through boredom (rate of evolutionary instincts wont keep up with the rate of technology) and either increased crime, or an increased police state will result.

But the top portion humanity (go getters) will do amazing things, probably put some stuff on the moon, discover the bottom of oceans, ect.

Also the dow jones industrial average will be well over 200,000

Basic answer is I think overall politics/economics will stay cyclical as always with technology increasingly make life easier for the average individual, especially Americans

Specifically, I expect us to be able to produce artificial organs on a mass scale in the next 10-20 years which will likely change a lot of health issues... rock stars (or people who just like to have a good time) will be able to burn through kidneys... Will be an interesting dilemma when organ replacement will have be determined if it is a "cosmetic" surgery on a person to person basis for insurance purposes

1411776483_1402359453_747eke_217t4.gif

Africa is getting much wealthier, as is much of South America. Globally violence is way down, though you would never know it from cable news. Things are looking up. There is no reason they should satay that way, but nothing about present trends suggests a dystopian future.

Exactly, it boggles my mind how media misinteprets what's really going on in the world. Generally, the world continually gets better and better in numerous ways, and anyone who disbelieves should actually look at the salient facts and statistics of the world as compared to the past.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back