The New Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts

Bumblebeef

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

• Heel kicks to the kidneys of an opponent are now legal. A small change, but could conceivably open up more offensive guard strategies.
  • Gripping the collarbone is now legal. This is a rather insignificant change, as torquing and twisting the skin is still illegal, and is unlikely to see much practical use.
  • Extending an open hand towards an opponent's eye-level is now illegal, and referees are permitted to warn, penalize, or even disqualify fighters for doing so. The first and most obvious example of a fighter likely to be affected by this change is #JonJones. Jones has historically used an extended open hand, in combination with his monstrous reach, to maintain distance against aggressive opponents. This strategy is no longer permitted.

https://champions.co/p/big-john-mcc...-the-unified-rules-and-assessing-their-impact

It's crazy Jon got a ruled made specifically because of him in the modern era.

Those are all dandy, but I think we are all ready for people to get kneed in the head while having three points on the ground.

Cool, all we need now is soccer kicks, stomps and knees to a downed opponent and we'll be set..

<{JustBleed}>

I like the direction of the rules, but bring soccerkicks and stomps and knees to grounded opponents.

It's crazy Jon got a ruled made specifically because of him in the modern era.

Well it's not like he's the only one to do so.

But that's a damn hard rule to enforce. Extending an open hand can be such an natural reaction that people do it instinctually.

They are all improvements. The new judging criteria is also good IMO.

Well it's not like he's the only one to do so.

But that's a damn hard rule to enforce. Extending an open hand can be such an natural reaction that people do it instinctually.
If Secret Service personnel can be trained to shield the POTUS with their bodies by muscular memory alone at the sound of gunshots, I'm sure professional fighters can find a way to keep their fists closed (this example sounded very keyboard warmongering, I know).

Chuck used to do it before Torres.

who is she ?

269024.jpg

Back