The new UFC website is terrible

BennyOcean

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I know they want to be modern or whatever, but it sucks. The older, simpler website was much better and they should revert to the old system. This one I can't even use and I say that as a decades-old fight fan. Total fail.

https://www.ufc.com/

Last edited:
It is terrible, you need to scroll a mile and click 10 times to see all fighters. This style of sites is better suited to make an impression, rather than provide information on a regular basis

Not happening. They didn't just spend 10 Reebok kits worth of money to have to revert back.

There is only 2 reasons you should ever visit the UFC website.

images

thumb.aspx

To be fair the old website was terrible too. The layout was a clusterfluck. It's easier to get information about UFC events from tapology, mmamania, sherdog, mmafighting, mixedmartialarts, bloodyelbow, or even espn.

Haven't been on that site for many years. No real reason to.

Hadn't checked out the new site and I thought this would be a terrible thread about someone who doesn't like something to change. However, I have to agree with you. Loading times are horrible (I'm on 100 mbit), took several seconds for the first big image to load and scrolling through the site only parts of the site is preloaded when you enter. How the many changes when you scroll or highlight - it is something a 16 year old kid would have designed back in 2000. The website also gose down the same wordpress rabbit hole - let's do HUGE images and MASSIVE gaps between everything so you have to scroll forever to find the information that you want. What about presenting a decent amount of information without have to scroll? You can only see 3 fights when you look at a card before having to scroll.

Luckily I never use the UFC website unless I'm checking out the fight card, but yeah, it truly is a horribly designed website.

When Reeboks website is better, you know it’s fucking bad.

What the hell did they do??

I was on that shit a few days ago and wasn't sure if it was not working right on my browser. So I checked it on my GF computer and yup, it's supposed to be like that.

It also seems a lot slower now, but maybe thats because every time you click on something you have to wait for some lame animation to slide in or fade out before you can see the info you want.

<{natewhut}>

Last edited:
I'd wager that more people visit wikipedia for information for UFC fight cards , me included.

lol @ using UFC.com. Wikipedia has everything you need and is extremely easy to use.

Back