The Mountain vs UFC Middleweight fighter?

PubliusVentidius

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So, I randomly landed on a youtube video of The Mountain (you know, that big tall fellow from Iceland) and holy crap I was impressed, he was competing for the euro's strongest man competition and he was lifting cars, throwing logs around and stuff of that sort, in the end he won the contest. Anyway, assuming this guy never trained any martial art and he's ''only'' strong and big as fuck, would he beat a skilled UFC top 3 middleweight fighter in your opinion? He weights 395 pounds and he's 6'9'' tall, would that negate the superior fighting skills of the MW fighter? And if you think that a MW is a preposterous match up because of the huge weight/size difference, what about a LHW?

I think he would lose badly.

Dangerous for a minute or so, then barely able to move due to exhaustion.

Too slow, the power someone who is just under 200 lbs can generate is tremendous. He would be KO'd. now, if he could somehow grab the guy he could also, quite literally, rip him limb from limb.

See the career of Mariusz Pudzianowski for your answer.

Gets smashed by any top 10 MW. Not even a fight.
Probably loses to every top 10 WW
Probably loses to every top 10 LW but might be able to get lucky and smother 1/10 times

He would fail a PED test and wont even make it to the fight.

Realistically he'd be fucking murdered unless he landed a lucky shot.

The Mountain would obliterate every ufc fighter with literal ease. That tattooed fella in the video was lucky Ser Gregor was in a good mood.

He be the GOAT with 6 month training of TD.

He'd get his ass kicked by top dudes at MW probably even at WW. I'd say he has a chance at LW or FW but even then I think he should be an underdog.

Too slow, the power someone who is just under 200 lbs can generate is tremendous. He would be KO'd. now, if he could somehow grab the guy he could also, quite literally, rip him limb from limb.

Imagine an untrained fighter against Hendo. With no skills all you can do is brawl...

He would get fucking rekt in pretty short order.

Big fella would get Zulu'ed. I've tangled with the tall ones. They're too slow.

Realistically he'd be fucking murdered unless he landed a lucky shot.

What? That fight in real life would have ended at 00:18 after he rushed him and got hold of him, if it wasn't sparring he would have snapped his neck right there. Do people seriously believe that a FW fighter could beat that beast? All he needs is 1 clinch and the FW is dead.

What? That fight in real life would have ended at 00:18 after he rushed him and got hold of him, if it wasn't sparring he would have snapped his neck right there. Do people seriously believe that a FW fighter could beat that beast? All he needs is 1 clinch and the FW is dead.
I posted this video to show how poorly the mountain moves and how awful his cardio is(although we don't know how long they worked out), and did not mention Mountain fighting feather or light weights. But any LHW or MW would put the mountain to sleep. Let me let you in on a little secret about combat sports and grappling in particular: a smaller man can rape a larger man if the smaller guy is trained and the other isn't. Source: choking out and arm barring muscle heads in bjj all the time as a 5'8" 145 pounder.

Gets smashed by any top 10 MW. Not even a fight.
Probably loses to every top 10 WW
Probably loses to every top 10 LW but might be able to get lucky and smother 1/10 times

Take it easy there. LOL. I would say a pro MW or light-heavy and up can take him if he is completely talentless and gasses quickly.

If he is half-decent I would say only a big LH or heavy can take him.

WW and under have very little chance unless he is a complete fish with a glass jaw.

people that don't train can't comprehend the skill gap difference, any trained mw/lhw would demolish him.

Top MWs would kill him, but after that I'm not so sure WWs could pull it off. Probably someone like prime Hendricks or Woodley could but it would be very intersting to see after that.

Back