The most important matches in MMA history

Which one is the biggest of them all???

• Total voters

HHJ

Unimpressed Jiri
@plutonium
Reaction score
Who you got??

When I saw the poll options I thought it was a Powerslap noob post, but I did not expect this from a SEG-era OG
Whatever bro. Fedor is my favorite fighter ever. Just messed up on making the poll. I am only just a Platinum Poll maker since yesterday

27592.jpg

Have to go for Forrest vs Bonnar, since it's basically the reason that MMA is thriving and has become pretty much a mainstream sport today.

Without that fight drawing in the casuals and TUF noobs, MMA would still be a risky dink, borderline underground, niche thing (which I understand many Sherdoggers would prefer, I just disagree).

Forrest-Bonnar is by far the "most important" fight. It's the only fight on the list that meaningfully affected the trajectory of the sport.

Other fights were much bigger in terms of skill, fighter legacy, or any other metric you want to use. But in terms of "most important," Forrest-Bonnar is the obvious choice.

Honorable mention to Royce-Shamrock at UFC 1.

Forrest-Bonnar is by far the "most important" fight. It's the only fight on the list that meaningfully affected the trajectory of the sport.

Other fights were much bigger in terms of skill, fighter legacy, or any other metric you want to use. But in terms of "most important," Forrest-Bonnar is the obvious choice.

Honorable mention to Royce-Shamrock at UFC 1.
Since Fedor is the sole focus of all thought, I included that in there.

God good choices. I'm going with Gracie/Saku.
It should not have happened, but it somehow it did.
I ain't gonna complain.

Who you got??

NONE OF THESE ...

Pereira vs. Adesanya was more important than Khabib / Conor.

Adesanya was an undefeated MW, with multiple title defenses, while Conor had already lost to Nate (by quitting) and never defended a thing.

"Hype-wise," Khabib/Conor sold alot, but IMPORTANCE-WISE ... Pereira dethroning Adesanya was a bigger deal (especially w/ their past history), and Alex' surging success.

NONE OF THESE ...

Pereira vs. Adesanya was more important than Khabib / Conor.

Adesanya was an undefeated MW, with multiple title defenses, while Conor had already lost to Nate (by quitting) and never defended a thing.

"Hype-wise," Khabib/Conor sold alot, but IMPORTANCE-WISE ... Pereira dethroning Adesanya was a bigger deal (especially w/ their past history), and Alex' surging success.
lmao

Thanks for the comedy man

Back