The most hardest and brutal Pill to swallow when it comes to Aldo

I thought this was going to be about him grabbing the fence.

Conor had a higher peak than Aldo.

Aldo had a sustained peak of longevity nobody else had, although others did make it slightly higher in their peak than him.

Aldo > Conor as a FW in totality, Conor > Aldo because obviously he knocked him out and Conor > Aldo for career height.

But Aldo has a more meaningful resume as a pure fighter.

I don’t care about defenses, I care about wins. Volk has better wins accomplished more dominantly with less total losses
Title defenses are as important as wins when talking about the goat of a division, and the names on Aldo’s resume are fantastic as well.

One could argue, for sure. But both Volk and Max have amazing FW resumes and beat Aldo (Max twice). I ignore this with Conor because Conor doesn't have the same resume and moved up.
But yeah I wouldn't argue hard that Aldo shouldn't be above Max, at FW. I even to see the case for nr 1, his title defenses where mostly against great fighters aswell,better than Volk.

I actually do like the thought of Aldo has 1 or 2,looking at their records and renembering the days. Things change so fast, Aldo is back, delivering at BW, Max pointed at the mat with 10 sec left and will be one of the biggest draws in the UFC, and Volk is coming of 2 KO losses. What a game this sport is, brutal.
Your last two sentences are on point. This sport is for sure insane. I feel for volk, he was on top of the world not too long ago.

Title defenses are as important as wins when talking about the goat of a division, and the names on Aldo’s resume are fantastic as well.
Chad mendes and Jose Aldo as non title wins for volkanovski are considerably more impressive than title wins over guys like brown, gamburyan, kenflo, hominick, etcetera

stop coping, just becasue you lose to a better fighter dont mean you past your prime.. every GOAT i mentioned has 2 GOAT level win in their resumes outside ALDO

for Alex its Max x3 and Aldo
for Conor its Aldo and Max
Max its Aldo x2
Aldo has zero GOAT level wins in his resume, in fact he lost to all three GOAT level fighters in prime of his career.

nobody cares about title defences when you shit the bed against real high level fighters.
Title defenses is the highest praise. Deal with it.

Chad mendes and Jose Aldo as non title wins for volkanovski are considerably more impressive than title wins over guys like brown, gamburyan, kenflo, hominick, etcetera
Mike brown , and Kenflo are as good of wins as mendes. Also, aldo beay better versions of mendes twice, along with Edgar twice, a better version of the Korean zombie, Ricardo lamas, Uriah faber etc. Also, twice the number of defenses as Volk. Volk would need at least 3 more defenses to match Aldo’s reign.

Mike brown , and Kenflo are as good of wins as mendes. Also, aldo beay better versions of mendes twice, along with Edgar twice, a better version of the Korean zombie, Ricardo lamas, Uriah faber etc. Also, twice the number of defenses as Volk. Volk would need at least 3 more defenses to match Aldo’s reign.
Mike brown and kenflo are clearly inferior fighters to mendes ability wise. Volkanovskis win over the Korean zombie is still very impressive as he was a top 5 ranked fighter who had just fended off ige who is perpetually under ranked it seems, volk demolishing the zombie and dropping him thrice. Ortega has very quality wins like moicano, Swanson, edgar, zombie and yair. Aldo of course, even though he was slightly out of his prime still went on a title run, arguably snatching 5 top 10 wins at 135 (the moraes fight was a bad robbery). Yair one of the most dangerous strikers at featherweight we’ve ever seen with wins over the zombie, Stephens, ortega, emmett and a back and forth loss with Holloway

And then obviously the crowning jewel of volks resume, max holloway 3 times. For as many great wins and great performances max puts on, wins over Swanson, Oliveira, Stephens, lamas, pettis, aldo, aldo again, ortega, edgar, kattar, yair, the zombie, Arnold allen, and a masterclass against Justin gaethje, a top 10 all time fighter arguably, and volk beat him 3 times, with two 50-45s.

Couple that with just 1 loss compared to Aldo’s 4, and being more dominant in his featherweight career, I don’t see how aldo can be ranked ahead of him

If we're comparing the list of names they beat, Volk is actually behind both Max and Aldo.. Volk going 3-0 vs Max and defending 5x is what makes people put him ahead of Max. If we compare Volk and Max's win streaks, Max won 14 straight at 145 and Volk won 13. Volk defended 2 more times than Max but Max had to do more to get his shot.

Only significant win Volk has that Max doesn't is Mendes, Max has a bunch of good names on his resume that Volk doesn't.

Aldo, Max then Volk for me but I understand the argument of Volk being ahead of Max.
so therefore both Max and Alex > Aldo

Lol but 0 title defenses... so Andersons title defenses mean nothing because he lost to Bisping.
Djs wins mean nothing because he lost to Henry
GSPs wins mean nothing because Serra beat him. So Serra is the GOAT at 170?
Flash in the pan fake fans...
Anderson lost when he was dinosaur age, just like Aldo losing now dont count against his legacy.. GSP avenged all his losses unlike Aldo.. DJ only lost one controversial fight and is 1-1 against Henry

Mike brown and kenflo are clearly inferior fighters to mendes ability wise. Volkanovskis win over the Korean zombie is still very impressive as he was a top 5 ranked fighter who had just fended off ige who is perpetually under ranked it seems, volk demolishing the zombie and dropping him thrice. Ortega has very quality wins like moicano, Swanson, edgar, zombie and yair. Aldo of course, even though he was slightly out of his prime still went on a title run, arguably snatching 5 top 10 wins at 135 (the moraes fight was a bad robbery). Yair one of the most dangerous strikers at featherweight we’ve ever seen with wins over the zombie, Stephens, ortega, emmett and a back and forth loss with Holloway

And then obviously the crowning jewel of volks resume, max holloway 3 times. For as many great wins and great performances max puts on, wins over Swanson, Oliveira, Stephens, lamas, pettis, aldo, aldo again, ortega, edgar, kattar, yair, the zombie, Arnold allen, and a masterclass against Justin gaethje, a top 10 all time fighter arguably, and volk beat him 3 times, with two 50-45s.

Couple that with just 1 loss compared to Aldo’s 4, and being more dominant in his featherweight career, I don’t see how aldo can be ranked ahead of him
Volk doesn’t have enough defenses to be ahead of Aldo. Also, Yair isn’t any better of a win than Mike brown or Kenflo. Mike brown was the lineal champ. Aldo has twice the reign. Aldo > Max and Volk in terms of greatness. Aldo did this in two separate promotions.

Volk doesn’t have enough defenses to be ahead of Aldo. Also, Yair isn’t any better of a win than Mike brown or Kenflo. Mike brown was the lineal champ. Aldo has twice the reign. Aldo > Max and Volk in terms of greatness. Aldo did this in two separate promotions.
Yair absolutely is a better win than brown or kenflo. The difference in skill is plain to see. Jabs and low kicks are much rarer in that era of mma, and feints are practically non existent. Those are just the things that pop out to you immediately. So I have to disagree completely with you there.

Again, Mike brown being the lineal champion is completely irrelevant to why I don’t think a win over him is worth the same as a win over someone like ortega. Mike brown is NOT as skilled as any of the names we give volk credit for beating in his career. If you can’t accept this then I don’t know how you watch fights cause it’s not with an unbiased perspective

And like I said, I don’t care about defenses, I care about who you beat, otherwise title wins over short notice replacements like joe soto, or guys like Patrick cote and Chris cariaso would be equal to much better, more skilled and more deserving title defenses. It isn’t a 1 to 1

Although if that’s how you see things then you can keep seeing it like that, but there’s nothing objectively correct about it. You value defenses and I value names

Yair absolutely is a better win than brown or kenflo. The difference in skill is plain to see. Jabs and low kicks are much rarer in that era of mma, and feints are practically non existent. Those are just the things that pop out to you immediately. So I have to disagree completely with you there.

Again, Mike brown being the lineal champion is completely irrelevant to why I don’t think a win over him is worth the same as a win over someone like ortega. Mike brown is NOT as skilled as any of the names we give volk credit for beating in his career. If you can’t accept this then I don’t know how you watch fights cause it’s not with an unbiased perspective

And like I said, I don’t care about defenses, I care about who you beat, otherwise title wins over short notice replacements like joe soto, or guys like Patrick cote and Chris cariaso would be equal to much better, more skilled and more deserving title defenses. It isn’t a 1 to 1

Although if that’s how you see things then you can keep seeing it like that, but there’s nothing objectively correct about it. You value defenses and I value names
Yair folds to anyone with decent takedowns. He’s not better a better win than brown. Take your own advice you’re not looking at this in an unbiased manner. Aldo beating Edgar, twice, mendes twice, kz, Florian, brown, Uriah faber, and his title wins put him over volk as the fw goat. Volk himself said Aldo’s title wins put him over Volk. So the only one biased here is you. Not even volk agrees with you.

Back