• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The mishandling of Kell Brook

Severely breaking an eye socket in consecutive fights cannot be fun............combined with almost dying from that knife attack, he should probably look for the Khan fight, then retire.

Severely breaking an eye socket in consecutive fights cannot be fun............combined with almost dying from that knife attack, he should probably look for the Khan fight, then retire.

I can't recall, did he break the same orbital bone or the other one?

He was mishandled but end of the day he cleaned it up. He also has a few good marketing deals that run 1 and 4 years.

Twin will fight us and it will be really ugly. He will get knocked out but he needs the money which is cool. He doesn't have an entourage he just can't manage his money. Such is the case for moet boxers you well know

Is that fight official?
Any worries about his power?

I can't wait for the fight!

While it was pretty bad management, i just dont think Brook is anywhere near as good as some people make out

He is a good solid fighter, but does not do any one thing that makes me go wow

Bang average fighter who used his hard work and dedication to reach the top, he reminds me of a smaller version of Badou Jack

Doesn't do anything special(ironically) but is dedicated and solid

He took risks. But him and his people thought he could win those fights. He came up short twice, it happens. I wouldn't say mismanaged but allowed to take risky high reward fights. That's not that common in today's boxing world and something that should be applauded.

Why couldn't he have had a gimme fight back at 147 before Spence? Going up and down 2 weight classes within a two fight span to fight the most dangerous fighter in each class is crazy.

He would have had to drop his belt and he didn't want to do that.

Now instead he may have to drop his career. Hence the thread.

Fighters have shelf lives. I guess Brook was too ambitious for his talent level. It's not like he's a tremendous talent that was just wasted; he accomplished a fair bit, and still might even have that final Khan payday down the road.

He took risks. But him and his people thought he could win those fights. He came up short twice, it happens. I wouldn't say mismanaged but allowed to take risky high reward fights. That's not that common in today's boxing world and something that should be applauded.

If Brook's team actually thought he would beat GGG, that alone is gross negligence and grounds for getting fired. As i remember there was no serious debate about who would win that match, only how badly Brook would lose and whether his career would be irreparably harmed (it was).

The Spence fight was very defensible. They had the fight at home against an opponent would've set Brook apart as the king of WW and instantly make him an A side.

If Brook's team actually thought he would beat GGG, that alone is gross negligence and grounds for getting fired.

Yeah, getting your fighter who no one with a name has been willing to fight for years a CAREER HIGH PAYDAY OF OVER 5,000,000 DOLLARS is gross negligence.

Yeah, getting your fighter who no one with a name has been willing to fight for years a CAREER HIGH PAYDAY OF OVER 5,000,000 DOLLARS is gross negligence.
Can people at least remember that brook was nearly killed by a dude with a machete, had several surgeries and was out for over a year rehabbing his injury.

If someone says to you at that point we can make you a few mil if you're willing to get your ass kicked you would say yes. Brook, hopefully, cashed out.

If Brook's team actually thought he would beat GGG, that alone is gross negligence and grounds for getting fired. As i remember there was no serious debate about who would win that match, only how badly Brook would lose and whether his career would be irreparably harmed (it was).

The Spence fight was very defensible. They had the fight at home against an opponent would've set Brook apart as the king of WW and instantly make him an A side.

brook got 5mm plus ppv to fight golovkin, against porter he got 200k.

khan got 2mm to fight canelo.

i think team brook did just fine there taking into consideratoin that lemuiex only received 1.5 and jacobs only got 1.75mm

stevens only got 300k for his ass beating

now that i think about it, team brook shouldve been fired if they advised kell not to fight golovkin for 5mm and ppv with these numbers in mind

Measured against all the lost wages as a result of the shortened career due to that fight, yes, its gross negligence. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. Brook's career might effectively be over, and it all traces back to the GGG fight.

brook got 5mm plus ppv to fight golovkin, against porter he got 200k.

khan got 2mm to fight canelo.

i think team brook did just fine there taking into consideratoin that lemuiex only received 1.5 and jacobs only got 1.75mm

stevens only got 300k for his ass beating

now that i think about it, team brook shouldve been fired if they advised kell not to fight golovkin for 5mm and ppv with these numbers in mind

Its a matter of opinion. I think Brook could have had a much longer and more fruitful career if he didn't fight GGG, and it would have netted him a lot more than $5M. Short term mentality.

Measured against all the lost wages as a result of the shortened career due to that fight, yes, its gross negligence. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. Brook's career is basically done, and it all traces back to the GGG fight.
No it doesn't, it traces back to when he was nearly stabbed to death on holiday. Google kell brook machete and learn something.

No it doesn't, it traces back to when he was nearly stabbed to death on holiday. Google kell brook machete and learn something.

Did the stabbing weaken his orbital bones? His career is in jeopardy because Golovkin and Spence both broke his face.

Did the stabbing weaken his orbital bones? His career is in jeopardy because Golovkin and Spence both broke his face.
No but he can't feel his leg, guess when the golovkin and spence fights happened before or after having two muscles surgically repaired, a twelve inch wound stapled together and no feeling around the cut. That is the beginning of the end of his career. Take away a fighters legs and it's easier to smash their face in, I'm hoping you don't dispute that?

Measured against all the lost wages as a result of the shortened career due to that fight, yes, its gross negligence. Talk about penny wise and pound foolish. Brook's career might effectively be over, and it all traces back to the GGG fight.

Nonsense.

Who is to say that WHOEVER he fought next wouldn't have done the same damage to him or more? Every single fucking time you step in the ring you risk losing not only your next payday but your actual life. Plus like Sunfish said he is injured forever from stuff outside the ring.

Brook has been fighting as a pro for 13 years and he made more against GGG than he made in his entire career combined. One fight was worth more than the 34 previous fights all added together. His biggest win was Shawn Porter to win a championship belt and he took home a whopping 200k for that fight. So for you to somehow magically assume that if he didn't fight GGG he would win all his fights for another DOZEN FUCKING YEARS to make that same amount of money is ridiculous.

Gross negligence would be letting your often avoided fighter who is probably on the road to retirement already skip a payday that was 25 times bigger than what he got when he won the belt. He earned enough money fighting GGG to double his net worth and if he so chooses enough to retire.

Nonsense.

Who is to say that WHOEVER he fought next wouldn't have done the same damage to him or more? Every single fucking time you step in the ring you risk losing not only your next payday but your actual life. Plus like Sunfish said he is injured forever from stuff outside the ring.

Brook has been fighting as a pro for 13 years and he made more against GGG than he made in his entire career combined. One fight was worth more than the 34 previous fights all added together. His biggest win was Shawn Porter to win a championship belt and he took home a whopping 200k for that fight. So for you to somehow magically assume that if he didn't fight GGG he would win all his fights for another DOZEN FUCKING YEARS to make that same amount of money is ridiculous.

Gross negligence would be letting your often avoided fighter who is probably on the road to retirement already skip a payday that was 25 times bigger than what he got when he won the belt. He earned enough money fighting GGG to double his net worth and if he so chooses enough to retire.

He fought 30 guys and never got his face broken. Then he fought the biggest puncher 2 full divisions above him. Its not rocket science buddy, he would've been fine if he didn't fight GGG.

The Khan fight alone could conceivably net him more than $5M. With the right moves he could've carved out that niche,..we'll never know now. We're arguing about a counter factual though, so its a pointless and subjective argument. I think his team was negligent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back