The Michael Jordan is an irrelevant can thread

Did you watch him? He was better than Doncic, now Doncic may get better but he's not at Bird's level yet.
Larry Birda TS was 56.4
Lucas is 58.3

One has shown to be a better, more efficient shooter in a more complex era.

The other has shown to be a less effective shooter in a terrible era.

With the amount of people playing ball in 2023, compared to 1983, I can honestly say, Luca plays against better competition. It's math. And performs Better.

Larry Birda TS was 56.4
Lucas is 58.3

One has shown to be a better, more efficient shooter in a more complex era.

The other has shown to be a less effective shooter in a terrible era.

With the amount of people playing ball in 2023, compared to 1983, I can honestly say, Luca plays against better competition. It's math. And performs Better.

What the fuck is a TS?

@Sweater of AV @MM808 @TribalDrumz

I'll add others who want to constantly talk about Jordan. You guys can jerk it in here and stop shitting up the NBA thread

Michael Jordan is the only player in NBA history to win the NBA's scoring title, regular-season MVP, the NBA championship, Finals MVP, and make an NBA All-Defensive team in the same season.

And he did it 4 times.

6-0 in the finals, 6 finals MVPs, two 3 peats.

Yeah, he sucked lmao

Ok I googled it, well done.

What about the stat where Bird won 3 MVPs and 3 titles? Plus the rest...
Nobody played basketball. It was a nice sport until the 90s. There are 1.1 billion people playing ball today. When Larry Bird played. There were a few hundred t thousand. If you don't think it's easier to look good in a small pond, I don't know what to tell you. Talent pool Is a real thing.

Nobody played basketball. It was a nice sport until the 90s. There are 1.1 billion people playing ball today. When Larry Bird played. There were a few hundred t thousand. If you don't think it's easier to look good in a small pond, I don't know what to tell you. Talent pool Is a real thing.

So that just destroys everything Bird did? Obviously it's hard to compare eras but on pure accomplishments Bird is well ahead of Doncic (at this stage)

So that just destroys everything Bird did? Obviously it's hard to compare eras but on pure accomplishments Bird is well ahead of Doncic (at this stage)
When you're discussing how great someone is vs 30 people or vs 300000 people which is more impressive? Larry Turd was beating crackheads. Luka is going agaisnt actual athletes.

Larry and Jordan were great in their eras, but to label them GOAT's is just simply denying the advancement and talent of the game. If the game remains the same as it is today, LeBron will be the GOAT of all time. Odds are he won't be.

Michael Jordan is the only player in NBA history to win the NBA's scoring title, regular-season MVP, the NBA championship, Finals MVP, and make an NBA All-Defensive team in the same season.

And he did it 4 times.

6-0 in the finals, 6 finals MVPs, two 3 peats.

Yeah, he sucked lmao

Dude was incredible. He was the Tom Brady of the NBA.

and now he's sitting during anthems.
sigh, so last...
10 years ago?

The league is so strong now. It's why players like Vanfleet can earn $41M per year.
VanFleet is good, he's just not a good shooter compared to other guards lol he can play the point well

The other issue is the Rockets are retards

VanFleet is good, he's just not a good shooter compared to other guards lol he can play the point well

The other issue is the Rockets are retards
Saying he's not a good shooter is an understatement. If I told you 2 years ago he would get a $41 million/year contract, would you have believed me?

Back