The metal thread \m/

Possessed is fabled to have been the originators of the term.
Seven Churches is top notch, the next a slight step down.
I think it's mainly due to the vocal style of both Becerra and Schuldiner.

Yeah true, I think musically Death cover pretty much every genre of metal, some rock too probably.

Yeah true, I think musically Death cover pretty much every genre of metal, some rock too probably.
Agreed. "Death metal" really is too limiting to describe Schuldiner's material.
I'm actually really not a big fan of the genre itself. I listen to Black, Doom, Black / Doom. Thrash, and especially Black and Thrash combined (Sauron, Witchaven, Alastor etc), and of course good old fashioned Heavy metal, but could never get into Death metal, outside a very few bands.
Maybe it's because it's struck me as metal's version of jazz, and I can't stand jazz.

Girls band from japan. Two singers using english lyrics.

I had to add another one from these guys. The bass player is not human.

I just launched a new music blog last week thethankslist.com
We interview bands, musicians et music industry people about their favorite bands and records
In terms of Metal we interviewed Chris Bruni from Prodound Lore and Dom from Integrity, but we have interviews coming up with member of Chte'hilist, Primitive Man, Tomb Mold, etc.
Check it out if you're into that stuff, it's a good way to discover new music and hear what musicians listen to

On another note, that SCORCHED album is really fucking heavy

What do you guys think of the new Horrendous?

Robb Flynn announced the current line up and best imo. Of machine fucking head are to break up at the end of the tour.

Glad I got to see them once again here in Manchester earlier in the year.
Let my old.arse go bat shit crazy for a few hours .sing my heart out and it was the first time my wife came to a full on gig .not Trivium who she loves .

Every Fucker in the academy sang every word to game over and Robb even says on the.old documentary that the Manchester and Glasgow circle pits are just fucking unhinged and wrong...

Cheers Robb.
And I Fucking love Phil demmel and Dave maclaine..
Will never be the same..

This album is amazing
5jSI4ns.jpg

Singer is channeling "jade4U and Lady Galore" from early lords of acid.

Robb Flynn announced the current line up and best imo. Of machine fucking head are to break up at the end of the tour.

Glad I got to see them once again here in Manchester earlier in the year.
Let my old.arse go bat shit crazy for a few hours .sing my heart out and it was the first time my wife came to a full on gig .not Trivium who she loves .

Every Fucker in the academy sang every word to game over and Robb even says on the.old documentary that the Manchester and Glasgow circle pits are just fucking unhinged and wrong...

Cheers Robb.
And I Fucking love Phil demmel and Dave maclaine..
Will never be the same..

I'm fucking impressed they kept at it as long as they did. I still remember being so excited by their performance at Donnington '95 (which was one of the best line ups ever at the time). I didn't go as I was only about 12, but remember watching the Headbangers Ball highlights religiously. I seem to remember their drummer at the time pulled out of the gig with sickness and Rob Flynn absolutely tearing the shit out of him in an interview afterwards.

This seems to be the case most of the time. I'm usually the odd one out, in that my preference for Death albums is sequential, with SBG and Leprosy neck and neck.
Human was their big transition towards a more technical approach, largely due to the amazing skinsmanship of Sean Reinert.
IMO he even eclipses Hoglan and Christie.
Bottom line though is Chuck and co. never released a weak album, which is rare.

Quality post. Leprosy is my favourite Death album, though I acknowledge it may not be their "best". The later stuff, whilst technically impressive and good on paper, often leaves me bored and distracted.

And props for recognizing the skill of Reinert. I hold him in extremely high regard when it comes to metal drumming.

Edit: and as for never releasing a weak album, the band I immediately think of is Immolation.

Looking forward to this new Hate Eternal album

Back