Social The Merry Marvel Mayberry Society

FemdomFilmFan

Formerly Steve Rogers
@Blue
Reaction score
Marvel fans, get in here. Anyone have Marvel Unlimited? I've been reading the adventures of the "blazing flame masters", the Golden Age Human Torch and Toro. They faced villains like the Parrot, a man with a face like a parrot, and the Hag, a middle-aged woman with a wart.

Love marvel but stopped following comics around 2008. Last I read was planet hulk, annihilation event, civil war, and then WWH. Those were great but they seemed to veer into endless retreads not long after. Love the silver ages stuff through the 90s too.

200.gif

Love marvel but stopped following comics around 2008. Last I read was planet hulk, annihilation event, civil war, and then WWH. Those were great but they seemed to veer into endless retreads not long after. Love the silver ages stuff through the 90s too.

Jason Aaron's Thor Run is excellent as is Jonathan Hickman's Infinity.

Marvel fans, get in here. Anyone have Marvel Unlimited? I've been reading the adventures of the "blazing flame masters", the Golden Age Human Torch and Toro. They faced villains like the Parrot, a man with a face like a parrot, and the Hag, a middle-aged woman with a wart.

I have been thinking about getting it. Do they have a lot of old World War Two adventures on there? (Timely comics) I have wanted to read through some WW2 stories for awhile. The early Namor, Cap America, and Torch as well. Do Torch and Toro fight in WW2?

I have been thinking about getting it. Do they have a lot of old World War Two adventures on there? (Timely comics) I have wanted to read through some WW2 stories for awhile. The early Namor, Cap America, and Torch as well. Do Torch and Toro fight in WW2?
They have everything, it seems. I think Torch and Toro do most of their WW2 fighting in the Invaders comics.

Reading Marvel Two-in-One #2 (Mar 1974). It's got a character in it called Wundarr who's a Superman ripoff. "Hektu was our world's greatest astronomer... until that fateful day he went mad, insisting that our planet Dakkam was doomed -- that our sun would go nova, reducing our sphere to a cinder. He even took his theories to our planetary triumvirate -- and when they scoffed at them... he built a rocketship to take himself and his family away from Dakkam. A pity. We had to call in the internal security force to stop him, before he alarmed the populace. But his son escaped in that rocket -- came to this world -- and grew to maturity."

And somebody does actually say, "Look -- up in the sky!"

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back