The Mental Side of taking Test: A Vitor Belfort Case Study (Video)

ValeTudoShorts

Blue Belt
Reaction score
We've all seen the before and "after" (I'm sure he's completely clean now) effects on Vitor's physique. It has been talked about a lot and was very noticeable throughout his camp.

But something that is overlooked when it comes to testosterone "supplementation", is the confidence boost you get, from having superhuman levels of a hormon, that makes you more aggressive, stronger and more muscular; in addition to the feeling of having, not only a physical, but also a psychological edge over your oponnent, who might be completely clean.

The are two Vitor Belfort interviews in particular that illustrate the change of attitude really well. One is before the TRT ban, the other is after. Listen to them and compare the level of confidence.

TRT Vitor:
[YT]SmvBnaOo6Pk[/YT]

TRTless Vitor:
Now, unfortunately it seems like the interview shown in the pic below has been taken down from the UFC on FOX youtube channel (hm, I wonder why...). It would be greatly appreciated, if anyone could find the video somewhere.

BucGuB-IUAAZP-R.png

The ones who remember the post TRT interview, will know what I'm talking about but hopefully we'll get the video in here.

So, What do you think: How much of the steroid abuse we see in the UFC is a mental crutch? And how much of the success people have on it, can be attributed to the psychological benefits, compared to the physical ones?

Last edited:
Well coincidentally Ronda is talking about this exact thing on the Joe Rogan podcast right now. So just listen to her.

the chris has made these kinds of comments in the past - that in order to cheat you need to need that extra mental edge that you dont already have

i cant accuse anyone of anything without proof, but these are the kinds of things i think about when i feel that people who cheat once are likely not be clean in the future - thats a big fall in not just physical ability but also mental focus - you know you're not as good as you could be and i dont see people taking fights at that point - just cheat until you get kicked out or retire haha

I honestly think some of Sonnen's WWE act came from his WWE supplements.

That picture is from a couple of months after the TRT ban, when he was heavily tested and his total test level was < 200 ng/dl. He literally started to look more feminine.

Of cource later in camp his total test was back at 1200 ng/dl. You be the judge of what happened there.

That picture is from a couple of months after the TRT ban, when he was heavily tested and his total test level was < 200 ng/dl. He literally started to look more feminine.

Of cource later in camp his total test was back at 1200 ng/dl. You be the judge of what happened there.

You certainly couldn't tell by his physique

Back