the martian

punkmother

calf cruncher fan
@Steel
Reaction score
i am exactly 11 percent of the way through this book according to my paperwhite and it is the best 11 percent of fiction i have read this fucking year. impeccable. the book could shit in my mouth right now and i would still proclaim it superior to 'gone girl.' and i thought the first 75% of 'gone girl' was very decent. the ending [of gone girl] was rushed but it was still 3.5 stars out of 5.03 stars.

andy weir, 'the martian.' check it out, buy it, download it, steal it, whatever. just fucking read it.

more to come when i have finished this book.

as far as non-fiction, my winner for 2014 is 'what if?' never read randall munroe's web comic, xkcd, but this book was hilarious and insightful. couldn't state if all the science was accurate but i am inclined to believe he nailed it when it comes to a planet made of mole meat.

so far i have a proven track record of perfection when it comes to testimonials. don't miss out on either book...but especially 'the martian.'

feel free to throw down your best book of 2014 or even the best book you have read this year.

Last edited:
I got Richie McCaw's autobiography for Christmas. Considering rugby is my passion, I'm happy with it.

Finally read The Giving Tree.

Good read but 30+ years too late.

doesn't seem my normal style but i just checked it on Amazon and that many high score votes and your review have convinced me. I'm going to get it.

I've read tons of good raving reviews about this one. Will read

I trust you and will read this book, as for a recommendation i suggest you read 'The Education of Little tree' based on the true story of a native american growing up in his changing world. I read it back in highschool and just noticed it the other day when going through some stuff.

I trust you and will read this book, as for a recommendation i suggest you read 'The Education of Little tree' based on the true story of a native american growing up in his changing world. I read it back in highschool and just noticed it the other day when going through some stuff.

You should read the story about the story. Basically, it turns out the book was written by a really racist white radio commentator back in the day, who suddenly wrote this beautiful book under a psuedonym that he claims is an autobiography about a native American. He then disappears and no one know where he goes. Years later a family watching some show about him says, "Huh, that's our neighbor" but he is going by a different name and claiming to be a native American! Weird stuff.

You should read the story about the story. Basically, it turns out the book was written by a really racist white radio commentator back in the day, who suddenly wrote this beautiful book under a psuedonym that he claims is an autobiography about a native American. He then disappears and no one know where he goes. Years later a family watching some show about him says, "Huh, that's our neighbor" but he is going by a different name and claiming to be a native American! Weird stuff.

a quick wiki search and damn, what a strange dude.

I started reading it and am about 3/4 the way through. Great book so far.

Back