The man that subbed Liam McGeary: LLOYD DAVIES???

Just an amateur bout, bro

Who the hell knows what the ruleset was like

I also doubt that McGeary 2015 = 2008

Anything can happen in amateur fights,

There was a rumor that use to float around that Darrill "Titties" Schnoonover KO'd Shane Carwin in an Amateur fight, never found out if it was true or not.

Anything can happen in amateur fights,

There was a rumor that use to float around that Darrill "Titties" Schnoonover KO'd Shane Carwin in an Amateur fight, never found out if it was true or not.

Lol no fucking way?

I've never understood how fighters can have ammy fights after they've had pro fights. It makes no sense.

Lol no fucking way?

Hey, anything can happen but that's one thing I doubt. If JDS couldn't put him away with about 15,000 punches while turtling I seriously doubt Schoonover would unless it was a flash 1=punch to the button KO.

Not that unbelievable, Schoonover isn't terrible and can easily be underestimated and the big boys hit hard. But without evidence, I really doubt it happened.

Why do are you repeating eachother about it beeing an ammy, I already said that in the OP.. I just asked about that guy..
What would really be awesome if this guy turned out to be paul davis lloyds, the award winning olympic trainer of many sports, also Hardy and Bisping's coach.

I've never understood how fighters can have ammy fights after they've had pro fights. It makes no sense.

Source?

Hey, anything can happen but that's one thing I doubt. If JDS couldn't put him away with about 15,000 punches while turtling I seriously doubt Schoonover would unless it was a flash 1=punch to the button KO.

Not that unbelievable, Schoonover isn't terrible and can easily be underestimated and the big boys hit hard. But without evidence, I really doubt it happened.

I always doubted it as well, but you never know.

After a little digging I am really starting to doubt it though. Carwin made his Pro debut in 2005 while Darrill debuted in 2008. So unless Carwin took an ammy fight after he had some pro fights it is pretty unlikely.

Why do are you repeating eachother about it beeing an ammy, I already said that in the OP.. I just asked about that guy..
What would really be awesome if this guy turned out to be paul davis lloyds, the award winning olympic trainer of many sports, also Hardy and Bisping's coach.

Source?

Check Liam McGreary's fighter page. Lots of fighters have had ammy fights after their pro fights.

Jorge Rivera beat Tim Sylvia in an amateur bout. You shouldn't read into them too much

Well if he comes back the promoter can say he is the only guy to beat McGeary.

Check Liam McGreary's fighter page. Lots of fighters have had ammy fights after their pro fights.

What a waste of a reply, u go check, I already did before posting the thread.
It was almost 3 years before his pro debute.

Dream fight: Lloyd Davies vs. Tony Rubalcava, the man who KO'd Luke Rockhold back in 2007.

Some minor promotion should book fights like these, though these guys may not have fought or trained in years.

Rocky Johnson (subbed Ben Henderson in his 3rd fight) could be on the same card.

Theres a Welsh amateur heavyweight boxer under the same name. Probably not him but it's the best thing I could find. Your best bet is to ask on the cage warriors forum.

EDIT: Promo for the companies first event:

The rest is up to you TS.

Last edited:
Actually TS I found a clip from the McGeary fight:

and heres another fight of his in better quality:

Yeah, I'm the fucking Sherlock Holmes of this place.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back