The Maldonado chin test experiment

Earthworm Jim

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We all know Maldonado has a great chin, 22-0 boxing record & 21-6 MMA record with lone loss via TKO to Glover (albeit corner/doctor stoppage)

We can also already see a noticeable size/weight difference between him & Stipe, Maldonado weighing in @ 225 lbs & Miocic weighing in @ 238 lbs, as is the case between a LHW & a HW.

What my big question is... If Stipe puts on a show anything similar to what he did against Nelson & Maldonado is still standing vertically square by the end of the fight, do we all come to the conclusion that...

- Maldonado's chin is as good as Nelson's & therefore he can hang with the toughest of the division (MMA chin math perhaps?)
Or...
- Stipe isn't known for his big punching power & therefore that could've happened with anyone (just like vs Gonzaga, 1 of 2 UD wins for Stipe))

***Bonus Question***
If Maldonado KTFO Miocic, do I start selling tickets for the Maldonado HW Hype Train?

Last edited:
I would say Stipe is definitely not known for his huge power. He hits hard as most HWs do and he is a pretty good boxer but he doesn

I like both guys but I'm going for Stipe cause Cain needs to eat and stitch.

Every time i heard people touting Maldonado's 22-0 boxing record, i cannot help but feel a bit laughable

Unfortuantely for Maldonado, Stipe has amazing cardio. His 3 round whooped-2round whooping tactic is likely to fail.

Io6npBH.gif

Can

Maldonado's game plan: first, I will let him try to kill me. Then, I will kill him. After the fight, if neither of us are dead, we will shake hands. If he is a drinker, then I will use our blood to make Bloody Mary's.

What my big question is... If Stipe puts on a show anything similar to what he did against Nelson & Maldonado is still standing vertically square by the end of the fight, do we all come to the conclusion that...

- Maldonado's chin is as good as Nelson's & therefore he can hang with the toughest of the division (MMA chin math perhaps?)
Or...
- Stipe isn't known for his big punching power & therefore that could've happened with anyone (just like vs Gonzaga, 1 of 2 UD wins for Stipe))

I just wanted to point out this is a false equivalence fallacy. If maldonado can take 106 significant strikes (the number Nelson took) that does not make him equal to nelson. You would need to see what it actually took to stop each of them to make that comparison.

For a boring math proof of concept: A (however many significant strikes required to KO nelson) is greater than 106. B (however many significant strikes required to KO Maldonado) is also greater than 106. A>106, B>106, does not mean A=B. It just means they are both greater than 106.

Maldonado should drop down to 185, not go up to HW.

He got heart tho, I will give him that.

I just wanted to point out this is a false equivalence fallacy. If maldonado can take 106 significant strikes (the number Nelson took) that does not make him equal to nelson. You would need to see what it actually took to stop each of them to make that comparison.

For a boring math proof of concept: A (however many significant strikes required to KO nelson) is greater than 106. B (however many significant strikes required to KO Maldonado) is also greater than 106. A>106, B>106, does not mean A=B. It just means they are both greater than 106.

Thank you professor Numeranus, but I already knew that.
I was simply throwing my conclusions out there, like I would laying bricks in my toilet bowl, without giving them much thought.

Unfortuantely for Maldonado, Stipe has amazing cardio. His 3 round whooped-2round whooping tactic is likely to fail.

Heh, yea, Stipe gassed against Gonzaga in 1 round. Stipe hits hard but his gas tank is complete ass.

Really like boxing mma style of Maldonado, He is the type of a fighter you dont want to see losing. He always make fight interesting. Great chin, very good boxing skillset i hope he will win via 3 round TKO. He is that nice guy that kick the shit out of people.

How can you root against Maldonado?
What a badass.

Back