The main difference between Jon Jones and Francis

Sylvia and Arlovski got 1 million to fight Fedor like 10 years ago in Affliction. No big name is going to burn their bridges with the UFC for less than 2 million nowadays with purses in general higher especially for HWs. He's looking out for himself trying to attract a big name to sell more PPVs.x

Jones trolling the trolls with their own eyepoke and oblique kick jokes. Classic.

Francis has the humility of a guy who grew up dirt poor (literally), while Jones is a rich kid.

Plot twist: Francis is making less than 100K himself and guaranteeing 2 mill for opponent from his own purse to make it seem like this was a good move to PFL.

I don't know if that "2 mil" for his opponent offer is that kind hearted. I think it's more a strategy to get a top HW to sign the fight from a thin roster. They don't have many options and need to create incentive.

Yea and people will continue to shit on Jon but I’ll almost guarantee Francis will make Dana unfortunately look right…….. and he will be very selective in the fights he takes that are highly winnable for him. Inb4 Mark Hunt or JDS are signed to make 2 million. It’s not going to benefit a PFL fighter not named “Werdum” for sure and it’s not going to be some dangerous unknown fighter from a regional promotion either.

Reactions: JKS
one has a grappling game, the other doesn't. probably biggest difference.

Jones staying away for over 3 years and avoiding Ngannou at all costs will be added to his other asterisks and is going to backfire in the long run. Ngannou advocating for all fighters and not compromising on his values will be respected and remembered long after the trolls have exhausted themselves with their bitter miserable shit-posting.

I don't know if that "2 mil" for his opponent offer is that kind hearted. I think it's more a strategy to get a top HW to sign the fight from a thin roster. They don't have many options and need to create incentive.
His whole stance the entire time has been about getting better deals for fighters lol. Dana got inside your head or something?

Jones staying away for over 3 years and avoiding Ngannou at all costs will be added to his other asterisks and is going to backfire in the long run. Ngannou advocating for all fighters and not compromising on his values will be respected and remembered long after the trolls have exhausted themselves with their bitter miserable shit-posting.
This forum full of no lifers and bandwagonners.
Jones finally had a good win so everyone on here wants to do dirty deeds to him. When he was getting pieced up by cans like Reyes and Francis was splitting Overeem's jaw into 4 it was the complete opposite.

Can't believe how much people whinge to improve fighter pay then stand against the guy actively doing something about it because he's not the flavor of the month bandwagon.

His whole stance the entire time has been about getting better deals for fighters lol. Dana got inside your head or something?

I am just calling it as I see it. By helping other fighters, Francis is helping himself. His stance was more about getting his opponent more money, which essentially is a strategy to entice bigger names to a smaller promotion to fight him. He's part of the super fight division which is all PPV and bigger fights. I don't think he will be getting Maurice Greene 2 million my friend.

Back