The lion is coming

TheNorseMen

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/1/7/7510035/vitor-belfort-passes-three-random-drug-tests-leading-up-to-ufc-184

The Nevada Athletic Commission continues to drug test Vitor Belfort randomly, despite the fact that his next fight is scheduled to take place in California.

According to NAC executive director Bob Bennett, the commission has already tested Belfort three times leading up to his UFC 184 middleweight title fight against Chris Weidman. Belfort has passed all three tests, and Bennett said the NAC plans on randomly testing Belfort again.

"Both him and his wife have been extremely cooperative, polite, professional and friendly throughout this process," Bennett said. "They have been consummate pros to date."

In October, MMAFighting.com reported that Nevada planned on handing over the Belfort drug-testing efforts once his fight against Weidman was moved to Feb. 28 in Los Angeles. However, shortly thereafter, it was reported that Nevada decided to randomly drug test Belfort after all.

In July, the Nevada Athletic Commission granted Vitor Belfort a license to fight in the state based on three conditions: he could not compete prior to December, his next fight had to be in Nevada, and he would cooperate when approached for random blood and urine testing no matter where he is.

"I'll give you my definition of reasonable testing going forward from this commissioner's perspective," NAC commissioner Anthony Marnell told Belfort at the hearing, "we're going to drug test you to the day you retire. That's my definition of reasonable. We, in my opinion, should be in and around your career until the day you call it quits."

Moments later, the UFC officially announced Belfort vs. Chris Weidman for the UFC middleweight title on Dec. 6 in Las Vegas. However, that fight had to be postponed on Sept. 22 due to a Weidman hand injury and was later rescheduled for Feb. 28 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Andy Foster, the California State Athletic Commission executive officer, said in October that he tentatively planned on testing Belfort three-to-five times randomly before the fight, as well as the night of the event. He told MMAFighting.com on Wednesday that he is working in unison with Nevada and sees no need to double up their efforts right now, so he'll take over once Nevada decides it will no longer test Belfort before this fight. He will, at some point, start testing Belfort prior to UFC 184, as well.

"I'm not letting him get into a cage and fighting someone until I'm comfortable that he is fighting clean," Foster said.

"I think Bob is doing an outstanding job with the testing."

Foster added that California has tested Weidman once randomly, and he passed that test.

Talk about putting all their eggs in one basket lol

"Clean" Vitor has arrived.

#breakbones Vitor is coming for that belt baby

Maybe Jones' results got mixed up with Vitor's?

All this random testing won't matter. Look at the jones case. It may not be proven but it's highly likely he was doing peds. Check his results.
Belfort and others are likely using and just not getting caught.

All this random testing won't matter. Look at the jones case. It may not be proven but it's highly likely he was doing peds. Check his results.
Captain negative has arrived

Is that an old lion on the savannah? No, its a young TRT-less dinosaur in the jungle! And its coming for that belt!

Jones' test indicates PED use. The testing worked. The only question is will they do anything about it.

A sanctioning body that represents the government is not supposed to have personal vendettas against selective fighters based on popularity.

Jones' test indicates PED use. The testing worked. The only question is will they do anything about it.

I can't believe that no one is even leveling that question at Dana. I am not sure if there will be further tests, they have the samples to do it ... if they can catch him out for that kind of program it will have massive implications. People getting busted for masking agents is huge. There are a few that have been over the last year or two... but with a champion getting popped. I have to think Dana and co will do whatever they can to keep that quiet.

I can't believe that no one is even leveling that question at Dana. I am not sure if there will be further tests, they have the samples to do it ... if they can catch him out for that kind of program it will have massive implications. People getting busted for masking agents is huge. There are a few that have been over the last year or two... but with a champion getting popped. I have to think Dana and co will do whatever they can to keep that quiet.

Well Dana really has no authority, the NSAC does. The NSAC either acts or they do not, if they do not they lose all credibility.

Well Dana really has no authority, the NSAC does. The NSAC either acts or they do not, if they do not they lose all credibility.

How credible is it that they consider the use of Cocaine "out of competition" as "ok"?

I predict that for a whole week after weidman beats belfort, sherdog will be filled with threads talking about how vitor was old/past his prime/trt-less and that the win doesn't mean much

Back