The Korean Zombie returns in 2 months. Who should he fight first?

Broad Blade

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A fan favorite the Korean Zombie has been MIA for the last 2 years. He's shown many surprising techniques and movement that have translated to the exponential progression in his evolution with just 4 UFC fights. He's my top 2 of all time I can't wait to see him back in action. I don't think we've seen the best KZ and I think he can come back and become a contender real quick...

I'd like to see him against Stephens, Swanon, Ortega or Lamas, albeit all daunting and challenging tasks, but I'm sure his opponents would happily oblige... No gimme fights for the KZ...

To be honest, I'd like to see him at Lightweight. I think that cutting to 145 drained him like Dustin Poirier...

Are you sure he's making his return in two months? Is he gonna start a camp as soon as the military stuff ends? & I'd like to see him against barao or tavares maybe for a tune up fight.

Yeap, it's been posted and known that October is when he'll officially be back.

Ortega would be a great fight. Also either cub or frankie. Eventually id love to see him fight max holloway

Give him somebody like Siver. Tough but a winnable fight, then throw him in the lions den.

He's been training, was doin work w Doo Ho Choi's team not too long ago. Not sure if he'll be fighting as soon as his service is up, but assuming he is we can prob count out Ortega and Hacran bc theyre fighting each other, as well as Cub and Kawajiri esp bc Choi called dibs, and also Yair bc he's fighting Bruce Leroy.

I say Barao, Siver, or Maynard (dont know if any of them are booked)

Give him somebody like Siver. Tough but a winnable fight, then throw him in the lions den.
this,

I think he needs somewhat of a tuneup fight. Siver is a tough opponent but shouldnt give the Zombie to much trouble.

A fight with Conor would be fun whilst it lasted. Outside of that fights with Frankie, Cub, Lamas, Olivera or pretty much anyone in the top 10 would be great. Would like him to take a tune up fight first though before being thrown to the wolves.

Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif

Save us KZ! We are barely holding on!

Conor. But Conor will never be back at 145.

UFC goes to Manila on October 15. Would he be ready to fight on that event? He could be main or co-main.

Will he even want a high profile fight after a 3+ year layoff?

I don't really care who he fights and I'll just be happy to see him back. There's lots of good options at FW and even LW

Back