The Jose Canseco of UFC

F Z NUTZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
With PED's being such a hot topic lately, do you think a fighter will come out with a tell all book, exposing fighters in the UFC?

nope....the american public wont care, they probably think theyre all on roids anyway

With PED's being such a hot topic lately, do you think a fighter will come out with a tell all book, exposing fighters in the UFC?

Wouldn't surprise me at all, especially with Dana's ability to create bad blood.

One of the Shamrocks or Dana's mom.

Ha! That was exactly what popped into my mind first.

But if it was Ken, I doubt it would cause any real waves. Ken hasn't been active in high-level MMA for years, and has been irrelevant longer than that. Those who wish to do damage control can say Ken is a dinosaur and that while people used to juice, maybe, MMA is so much more respectable nowadays and things like that almost never happen any more, yada yada yada. Add the fact that he was a pretty high-profile pro wrestler, and people will quickly file this under, "Yeah, no shit; don't care, moving on..."

My guess would be someone who has an axe to grind with the UFC or just wants a payday. Or both.

*Ken or Frank Shamrock
*Tito (he's on good terms but I wouldn't be surprised to see him sell out)
*Rampage
*M1 Global (if they somehow found out an inside scoop on fighters)

But if it was Ken, I doubt it would cause any real waves. Ken hasn't been active in high-level MMA for years, and has been irrelevant longer than that. Those who wish to do damage control can say Ken is a dinosaur and that while people used to juice, maybe, MMA is so much more respectable nowadays and things like that almost never happen any more, yada yada yada. Add the fact that he was a pretty high-profile pro wrestler, and people will quickly file this under, "Yeah, no shit; don't care, moving on..."

Those are the obvious answers, but I was thinking someone currently employed. A Big name fighter.

My guess would be someone who has an axe to grind with the UFC or just wants a payday. Or both.

*Ken or Frank Shamrock
*Rampage

I could definitely see Tito doing it.

Those are the obvious answers, but I was thinking someone currently employed. A Big name fighter.

Why would a currently employed "big name" fighter piss off their employer and risk getting shitcanned like that? A tell-all book about a sport like MMA, which is still very much a niche, wouldn't exactly sell like a Bill O'Reilly book, so only an idiot would risk that.

But if it was Ken, I doubt it would cause any real waves. Ken hasn't been active in high-level MMA for years, and has been irrelevant longer than that. Add the fact that he was a pretty high-profile pro wrestler, and people will quickly file this under, "Yeah, no shit; don't care, moving on..."

I actually don't think a tell all book about steroids in the UFC would have the same effect today as Canseco's way back...mainly because people just get bored too quickly these days when it comes celebrity gossip news. We would all bitch about it for a month max, and then be onto new shit to bitch about.

As for someone currently employed, for some reason I can see Roy Nelson doing that if he has a falling out with Dana. To me he just seems like the kind of guy who would do that to get back at Dana.

Why would a currently employed "big name" fighter piss off their employer and risk getting shitcanned like that? A tell-all book about a sport like MMA, which is still very much a niche, wouldn't exactly sell like a Bill O'Reilly book, so only an idiot would risk that.

Because people want to know the truth, and maybe a fighter is sick of lying. Maybe it's not that big of a deal, and people just need to know the actual facts. Why do we have to pretend it doesn't exist?

*Ken or Frank Shamrock
*Rampage

Considering M1 Global fighters fight in places where there is often large amounts of mafia activity and where the state or country does not require even a blood test, i would say if they did; they would promptly stfu and sit down. I've heard that some fighters in M1 have questionable medical histories and don't have to provide anything medical in order to get the green light to fight.

Things people might not know about the international MMA scene is that all of those rules in most countries don't exist. Instead they are shouldered entirely on the promotion to basically sign a waiver that says, "It's cool bro. Trust me."

England - No MMA governing body. Boxing commision only tests for drugs that are detrimental to ones health. Opiates, Cocaine etc. Randomly & not consistently.

Germany - Extremely lax governing body.

Netherlands - Entirely up to which ever criminal element sponsered your event.

Australia - Basically the same rules of a toughman compitition. Two willing opponents.

Japan - Entirely based on what records the promotion willingly provides to the press.

Russia - I've only heard of hand shake agreements and waivers in their fledgling MMA circuts. If anything official on any record.

Tim Sylvia would be the one. HW champ turned heel, been busted, feels abandoned by the UFC, went from the top to the bottom in ugly fashion, needs the money, bitter and insecure..... Has fought big and small orgs and names, trained in famous Militech camp, so he could bring down the sport.

I could see Tito doing it, "All these MF'ers were roiding up! So I was fighting with a cracked skull, a broken back, and my opponent was F***ing Bane!"

Really though its because he is a high profile fighter who can sell books, and is now out of the industry for the most part.

But I doubt we would see something like this in the MMA world, no one cares enough.

Back