1. Walt Harris' daughter is missing around Auburn, Alabama. Please read this thread for more information.

The Jordan Peterson Thread - V2 -

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by dontsnitch, Mar 22, 2017.

1. MayhemMonkey

MayhemMonkey Clearly not as big of a deal as I thought

you were implying that since I posted the video and it was poking fun at Jordan Peterson it was a "cuck" video. Did you even watch it before coming to that conclusion?

you are a child, Im not.... do you think you would pose any threat to me if we were face to face? calm yourself down little boy, go get yourself a juice cup and take a time out. Also beat you at what? what challenge?

edit: also its a sunday, all Ive got planned today is watching the world cup. So Ive got plenty of time to let you attempt to "embarrass" me like you promised to do.

2. Judge

Judge Banned Banned

Aw, you done with your little insults? I am sorry I can't be concerned because we are not face to face. Also, I can't be concerned because I give zero fucks what you think.

How about you go run along and get one of those instances of Peterson being wrong. There are hundreds of hours on him and you don't have a fucking life outside of Sherdog. Now be a good boy and fetch!

3. MayhemMonkey

oh so you think Im here to try and discredit Jordan Peterson? I follow him on twitter, he makes a lot of sense(not always)

you really are slower than I thought lol. I posted it because its funny, end of story.

4. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

With all the media coverage of Peterson these last couple of years, how sad is it that the best coverage is courtesy of Comedy Central? In any event, shrewd and funny piece with a fantastic ending.

5. Tropodan

Tropodan Silver Belt

I didn't know Jim Jeffries was a libtard. "Hate groups like the alt right". Lost all respect for him right there.

6. MayhemMonkey

what would you describe the alt right as?

luckyshot and M3t4tr0n like this.
  7. The ScorpioN

The ScorpioN "GET OVER HERE!"

{<jordan}

This is hilarious.

Autistic Peterson fans have no sense of humor.

HOLA, M3t4tr0n and MayhemMonkey like this.
  8. Kafir-kun

Kafir-kun Al Far'oun

Democratic People's Islamic Republic of Kekistan
    The alt-right are not a hate group? Wtf?

Not that I respect Jeffries, he's a degenerate slob.

9. Edgy Brah

Edgy Brah Look into it Double Yellow Card

Yeah, the chick got treated with all the respect she deserved. Not quite as accurate an interview as it could have been though.

salamander and Kafir-kun like this.
  10. FIMN

FIMN Brown Belt

It isn't. Multiple longer interviews have taken place that deal with the issues in a far more substantive way.

Not saying this was bad or all the other interviews have been better, but the fact you think this was the best coverage on Peterson tells me more about your bias than anything about the quality of the other interviews.

11. Van_Damage

Van_Damage Blue Belt

I went to see a doctor yesterday about sciatic pain I've been having lately. I had a disc injury almost 10 years ago needed surgery I was worried about a spinal issue.

Anyway, we were talking about sleeping issues and at some point he asked if I knew who Jordan Peterson was kind of out of nowhere. He recommended paying for his 40$ program it whatever it was. The Dr was pretty young had a game of thrones watch, which was pretty cool actually. Just a weird conversation we had. Kinda interesting he told me to go listen to Peterson.

salamander and The ScorpioN like this.
  12. Ruprecht

Ruprecht Hands Of The Judges Staff Member Senior Moderator

That was his solution to your lack of sleep?
    Makes sense I guess...

13. Van_Damage

Van_Damage Blue Belt

he wrote me a prescription for something new, but yeah after we were just talking and he alluded to Peterson's program as relative to quality of life and self improvement, I think. He basically just said I should really consider buying it, with almost no elaboration, it was a little weird.

salamander and ShadowRun like this.
  14. ShadowRun

ShadowRun error Platinum Member

Hmm that is interesting, you going to do it?

Van_Damage likes this.
  15. unimackpass

unimackpass Black Belt

This is just what stupid people come up with when they wish there was something substantive against Peterson.

Devout Pessimist likes this.
  16. Devout Pessimist

Devout Pessimist Traditional Catholic

17. M3t4tr0n

M3t4tr0n Sheriff of Sherfront

Jordan Peterson = Lord of the Incels

nac386 likes this.
  18. Bullitt68

Bullitt68 Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

I didn't say it was the best interview. Peterson's done innumerable interviews from the Channel 4 thing to his JRE appearances and everything in between, and a lot of them are obviously better and more substantive than this quick little Comedy Central segment. But I do think that it's the best coverage, especially of late with all the misinformed and/or agenda-laden "reporting" that's been done.

What are some examples that you'd hold up as better coverage? And, for my own curiosity, what bias of mine do you think is indicated by my opinion of that segment?

Kafir-kun likes this.
  19. EndlessCritic

EndlessCritic Gold Belt

You say that like it's a bad thing. Peterson's whole message is directed at those on the fringe (ie: incels), to convince them that loathing about society is not the answer. The answer is self improvement.

20. FIMN

FIMN Brown Belt

It seems to me that if Peterson wants to be taken seriously, his ideas ought to be critically examined and challenged by the people he discusses them with. Segments like the one quoted are entertaining but not substantive or particularly engaging, IMHO. Depends what you want to get out of them I guess. I saw a lot of fans of his took exception to almost every interview that took place, describing them as hatchet jobs and example of an SJW conspiracy among the media to slander him, when in fact they were simply asking for justification of his ideas.

Peterson fans seem to both proclaim they want ideas to he vigorously debated and opinions and thoughts freely expressed, but anything short of adherence to his philosophy is evidence of a ideological crusade to bury some truth he is speaking. Reeks of hypocrisy and snowflakism, and I can't help but deem his fanbase as cult like, rather than based in critical thinking.

I remember a BBC radio interview was particularly good, respectful but challenging. I'll try and link it later. You may know the one I am referencing.

I've just seen you post in numerous JP threads as a vociferous defender (nothing wrong with that!). I think the media coverage has been as a whole, very fair, and often not challenging him enough, with a few notable exceptions. Hence my comment.

Have a good day.

Sano and franklinstower like this.