The Interim / Title Contender Factory that is the 155 LB division

Other than Tony not getting a TS which he obviously deserves more than anyone right now, and other than Tony vs Khabib not happening once again because that's the fucking fight to show us who the best LW on the planet is .....

What really is fucked up about this Dustin - Max fight is that its not even that great of a fight. Dont get me wrong, im gonna watch it and its a good fight but damn if you're gonna fuck up one division and make another more fucked up than it is at least give us a super fight or some shit.

Now you have 145 fucked up and 155 maybe as fucked up as a division has ever been

Tony - Former Interim Champ. 4 fights vs the current champ fell through

Max - Had health problems which forced him to pull out of a fight with Khabib also

Dustin - Who beat Max a long ass time ago at 145 and who was probably next in line after Tony

Pink Goofs gonna start introducing Tiers to these damn Interim belts.

Complete circus
I’m sorry how does Zabit beating eternal gatekeeper Jeremy Stephens get him a TS?
It would be his only top 15 win
He needs at least two in order to join the conversation

I’m really curious what UFC is doing with the LW division. Okay, apparently Khabib really wanted GSP at catchweight which had nothing to do with LW division and probably that’s why UFC denied this fight (if Khabib vs GSP fight took place it would mess up LW division even more). UFC prob made ultimatum to Khabib, who has one more fight under current agreement, that he has to fight whoever they tell him - and it must be Ferguson. At the same time, UFC needs to make money of Conor so they are probably building up Conor’s come back to make the biggest fight of the history - rematch with Khabib. So, what we have: Conor will KO Cerrone; then he’ll fight a winner of Max vs Dustin and will get a W there as well. Around the same time, Khabib will beat Tony and there ya go - there is a perfect opportunity for the biggest fight of the MMA history.

KHABIB vs MCGREGOR 2
Khabib wanted GSP at either 155 or 160. GSP 100% wanted the fight at 155 so that he can get that third belt. Dana wanted GSP to fight a top contender first before he gets to fight Khabib. Had GSP agreed to fight a top contender like Poirier, he might have legitimately earned the next title shot after Ferguson and his fight vs Khabib would have been for the belt.

The ufc isn’t a sport it’s a business I’ve accepted that a long time ago
Most people complaining are still going to watch
Sad but true

Never said it was a sport..i said there negatively affecting the sport of MMA just turn a buck and in the end weakening there own MMA product as well...

Easy up front money never last in the long run

UFC needs to make money of Conor so they are probably building up Conor’s come back to make the biggest fight of the history - rematch with Khabib. So, what we have: Conor will KO Cerrone; then he’ll fight a winner of Max vs Dustin and will get a W there as well. Around the same time, Khabib will beat Tony and there ya go - there is a perfect opportunity for the biggest fight of the MMA history.

KHABIB vs MCGREGOR 2

It's a pretty safe bet that things will not go as planned 4 times in a row in MMA.

Well...is it true that Tony turned down the fight? How the fuck?

I’m sorry how does Zabit beating eternal gatekeeper Jeremy Stephens get him a TS?
It would be his only top 15 win
He needs at least two in order to join the conversation

What are you talking about?
Where did I say Zabit deserves a TS with a sole win over Stephens and how is that relevant to this thread?

Back