The Hypocrisy of MM and his "superfight" pay

If they wanted to make a point, sure.

But the division is painfully weak below him. So who gets the interim Title and if he chooses to fight again how long does it take for him to get it back? It would be kind of pointless other than to make a point.
He defended belt like 13 times, he should move up and fight TJ as BW, but TJ moving down to 125 lbs, when he not defended even once is stupid, bad for both division, bad for UFC.
DJ winning against TJ as 125 lbser: whole BW division looks stupid. TJ winning against DJ as 125 lbser, you can disband whole 125 lbs division, because I don't think TJ will defend 125 lbs belt even and you will have to build up division again. I'm behind DJ here, and I think DJ-Cejudo gonna be good fight with some build up.

DJ argues that he should be paid superfight money to have a "super fight" with Dillashaw.
Is that what he's saying now? Where'd you hear that.... Do you got a link?

Last I heard, he was demanding that TJ fight one or 2 of the top 10 before he would grant him a title shot... lol... as if the champ of the division higher needs to do that to be proven as the number 1 contender. Especially since DJ has cleared the division & has pretty much cleared it twice... lol. I'm a mouse fan but I hope Cejudo beats the breaks off him for all this.

He defended belt like 13 times, he should move up and fight TJ as BW, but TJ moving down to 125 lbs, when he not defended even once is stupid, bad for both division, bad for UFC.
DJ winning against TJ as 125 lbser: whole BW division looks stupid. TJ winning against DJ as 125 lbser, you can disband whole 125 lbs division, because I don't think TJ will defend 125 lbs belt even and you will have to build up division again. I'm behind DJ here, and I think DJ-Cejudo gonna be good fight with some build up.
I agree that from a strategic view point for the UFC and the divisions it makes little sense beyond the one off fight they would get. It would be far better if MM moved up or the fight happened at CW but i don't think MM will move up at all. And if he won't move up then he SHOULD take on all comers who the UFC names as contenders within his division.

Anderson was not willing to fight Shogun at LHW when he was champ but he said if he made weight at MW he would fight him. GSP was excited about the idea of Anderson dropping to WW for a SuperFight with him when Anderson brought it up. Both of those fights would have happened had the Champ above been willing to drop and both would have posed the potential problem you raise here above.

Just pay him 500k and a PPV%. He would be an idiot to refuse that.

Asking for $2 million though is absurd as he's not a draw.

Man DJ haters are desperate for any excuse to discredit him. It's just embarrassing at this point how flimsy and ill-thought out their bullshit is.

Last edited:
Not much point in creating a division that no one wants to watch just cause there's a large pool of fighters to draw from
MM going up is ok, TJ going down not really.
Also if my memory is correct, he finished Ray Borg, last time he fought.
Cejudo is best oponnent, he smoked Pettis, and Pettis won against Benavidez (it was kinda controversial for me, but still), so there's no better contender. Cejudo will trashtalk, so it's improve for this division. (too all crybabies, yes trashtalk is important)

I'm not talking about viewers, I'm talking about talent pool from Asia. Hiroguchi isn't giant but fairly popular in Japan, same these atomweight chicks, so...

Is that what he's saying now? Where'd you hear that.... Do you got a link?

Last I heard, he was demanding that TJ fight one or 2 of the top 10 before he would grant him a title shot... lol... as if the champ of the division higher needs to do that to be proven as the number 1 contender. Especially since DJ has cleared the division & has pretty much cleared it twice... lol. I'm a mouse fan but I hope Cejudo beats the breaks off him for all this.

He was sitting on a couch with Lee and Garbrandt and I think it was Forrest asking the questions about it and he made the comment.

It is not a super fight. You are being asked to defend your belt. This is not a catch weight fight. Why are you asking for more money, for simply a title defense?

It is not a super fight. You are being asked to defend your belt. This is not a catch weight fight. Why are you asking for more money, for simply a title defense?
I agree. Your opponent should not be relevant. He signed a contract that was for X amount of fights for X amount of dollars. I am sure the contract didn't say, "We'll renegotiate depending on how tough you think your opponent is".

I agree. Your opponent should not be relevant. He signed a contract that was for X amount of fights for X amount of dollars. I am sure the contract didn't say, "We'll renegotiate depending on how tough you think your opponent is".

Exactly. He has treated this as if the UFC is asking him to move up. No.. TJ was going down this is a regular title defense for you. His excuses have been the following

I don't know if TJ can make weight
I have lots of contenders waiting for shots
I need more money
I am injured right now

It has gotten comical..

Flyweight will never have a large talent pool, ever. There maybe one or two decent fighters at 125 at any given time, but that's it. They need to raise the limit to 130 lb, that's the only way they can increase the talent which also consequently will force someone like DJ to stop avoiding the other talent at that range. All the weigh classes below WW should be raised by 5 lb.

I don't really care about the money or the fight between these two any longer.

I can see why D.J. is pushing hard at the money. His career is headed into the twlight. He has the most to lose between them. Conor set the bar for money fights. Dana appears ready to step on this mouse the first chance he gets, and a loss will allow Dana to do that very easily.

Perhaps if Dana was a more supportive promoter that didn't trash his fighters in the media and play favorites, then guys like D.J. and GSP would play the game differently. Unfortunately, these fighters end up using their clout to fight Dana instead of UFC fighters. One bad choice in the UFC can be the downfall of a career. Aldo found out the hard way that some fighters and Champions don't always get a do over if the UFC machine chooses another direction. He probably can't shake those 13 seconds with Conor and will never, ever get a chance to re-do that fight.

This is why I ignore the fighters and their managers while they work on business of fighting in the UFC. When the business is concluded and the fight is signed is when I become invested.

What Dana told you to think:
Nahhh, I’m good. Too much risk. Where’s the contract for the Cejudo fight? I already beat this guys ass so bad nobody will give 2 fucks about watching it again surely but I’ll just make my $400k and extend my BS streak that nobody takes seriously or cares about outside of me and like 30 people between family, friends, teammates and fans.

How can I justify ducking a guy that’s willing and likely to make weight to come down and fight me in my division? Demand $2 million dollars, a stacked card, PPV points and cite an injury for good measure as a reason for not being ready.

Dana: Hey Demetrious you’re going to co-main 227 against Cejudo like you wanted.

DJ: sighs :::thank the lord:::

Dana: Hope you’re happy and don’t even fucking dare about asking for PPV points. PS Dillashaw is headlining.

DJ:
AchingSillyBarebirdbat-max-1mb.gif

People should be smarter.

Man DJ haters are desperate for any excuse to descredit him. It's just embarrassing at this point how flimsy and ill-thought out their bullshit is.
Then why is he ranked #1 p4p and yet is a shit PPV draw?

How is that possible?

I will channel my inner "Mr. Deeds" and say so if MM lost, do you think he would agree to taking a pay cut? I bet he doesn't so I don't see why his pay would go up while in the middle of a contract he already signed.

I enjoy Jones and Lesnar more than MM but that's me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They're both big cheaty cheatertons but I enjoy watching them more than DJ, even though he is insanely skilled, no question.

I know i'm pointing out the OBVIOUS...but MM is probably going to demand more because it's a SUPER fight between two champions from different weight classes. And seeing as how MM is the SMALLER of the two, but also the MOST DECORATED CHAMPION IN ALL UFC HISTORY BECAUSE OF 11 CONSECUTIVE TITLE DEFENSES...it means MM is putting more at stake than any other fighter in any mma organization EVER. He has surpassed all legends - Rickson, Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Fedor, Couture, GSP, Spider, Aldo.

To put that into perspective, even GSP had to take a break from the sport because he couldn't handle the pressure.
https://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/9/1...s-st-pierre-ufc-retirement-money-problems-mma

In the words of Conor McGregor, "the double-champ does what he wants".
McGregor has no title defenses but he won two belts. Double-champ = CHAMP CHAMP.

But in Mighty Mouse's case, he's won a belt and defended it 11 times which makes him the dodeka-champ.
Dodeka-champ = CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP

yes, you all have an opinion...but ask yourself, how many times have you been a UFC champion?
Honestly, do you really think the most accomplished UFC fighter in all history cares about what you think?

Last edited:
I know i'm pointing out the OBVIOUS...but MM is probably going to demand more because it's a SUPER fight between two champions from different weight classes. And seeing as how MM is the SMALLER of the two, but also the MOST DECORATED CHAMPION IN ALL UFC HISTORY BECAUSE OF 11 CONSECUTIVE TITLE DEFENSES...it means MM is putting more at stake than any other fighter in any mma organization EVER. He has surpassed all legends - Rickson, Sakuraba, Wanderlei, Fedor, Couture, GSP, Spider, Aldo.

To put that into perspective, even GSP had to take a break from the sport because he couldn't handle the pressure.
https://www.mmamania.com/2016/2/9/1...s-st-pierre-ufc-retirement-money-problems-mma

In the words of Conor McGregor, "the double-champ does what he wants".
McGregor has no title defenses but he won two belts. Double-champ = CHAMP CHAMP.

But in Mighty Mouse's case, he's won a belt and defended it 11 times which makes him the dodeka-champ.
Dodeka-champ = CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP

yes, you all have an opinion...but ask yourself, how many times have you been a UFC champion?
Honestly, do you really think the most accomplished UFC fighter in all history cares about what you think?

I am gonna disagree that he is the greatest champ. He is top5 greatest champ in UFC history at best. Level of competition matters. New divisions with a small pool versus one of the deepest divisions in MMA history matters.

I don't give a shit if MM doesn't care what I think. I am entitled to have whatever opinion I want on the situation. It's the beauty of being a fan. You can have an opinion, regardless of how much experience you have in said thing you are critiquing.

I am sure all my sherdog brothers have this information, at the same time I am not sure how accurate it is but I am assuming it should be in the ball park. Here is Demetrious Johnson's UFC salary history. From what I see and in my opinion, he gets paid well for basically being a zero draw. It also seems like and I don't know when he last negotiated his deal, but he is being compensated pretty well for last few fights.

UFC 126 – Feb 5/11 – W (Yamamoto) – $10,000 ($5,000 to show, $5,000 win bonus)

UFC 130 – May 28/11 – W (Torres) – $12,000 ($6,000 to show, $6,000 win bonus)

UFC Live: Cruz vs Johnson – Oct 1/11 – L (Cruz) – $20,000*

UFC on FX: Alves vs Kampmann – Mar 3/12 – D (McCall) – $90,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus – UFC paid it out despite the fight being a draw, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus)*

UFC on FX: Johnson vs McCall – Jun 8/12 – W (McCall) – $40,000 ($20,000 to show, $20,000 win bonus)

UFC 152 – Sept 22/12 – W (Benavidez) – $46,000 ($23,000 to show, $23,000 win bonus)*

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs Dodson – Jan 26/13 – W (Dodson) – $102,000 ($26,000 to show, $26,000 win bonus, $50,000 Fight of the Night bonus)*

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs Moraga – Jul 27/13 – W (Moraga) – $108,000 ($29,000 to show, $29,000 win bonus, $50,000 Submission of the Night bonus)

UFC on Fox: Johnson vs Benavidez 2 – Dec 14/13 – W (Benavidez) – $225,000 ($125,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus, $50,000 Knockout of the Night bonus)

UFC 174 – Jun 14/14 – W (Bagautinov) – $179,000 ($127,000 to show, $52,000 win bonus)*

UFC 178: Sept 27/14 – W (Cariaso) – $183,000 ($129,000 to show, $54,000 win bonus)

UFC 186 – Apr 25/15 – W (Horiguchi) – $237,000 ($131,000 to show, $56,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)

UFC 191 – Sept 5/15 – W (Dodson) – $231,000 ($133,000 to show, $58,000 win bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC 197 – Apr 23/16 – W (Cejudo) – $285,000 ($135,000 to show, $60,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)

TUF: Tournament of Champions Finale – Dec 3/16 – W (Elliott) – $390,000 ($350,000 to show, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)

UFC Fight Night: Johnson vs Reis – Apr 16/17 – W (Reis) – $450,000 ($360,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship)*

UFC 216 – Oct 7/17 – W (Borg) – $460,000 ($370,000 to show, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus)

I am not sure how many fights are in his current deal, but his next fight should be for $380,000.00. Which is damn good in my opinion for a flyweight.
Deal sucks. Mark Hunt makes 500K a fight.

Hell Ferguson was scheduled to make a half mil in show money to fight Khabib. Tony Ferguson IS NOT A DRAW.

Back