The hell is UFC doing with Nate Conor 2 hype?

GregorMcConor

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
By this time last fight Conor and Nate had been in several confrontations on TV as well as done conferences. I'm all for less media, but this time it's been pretty much non-existant. Those were fun and allowed for hype building as well as some great and entertaining mental warfare (which is important). Remember Nate telling Conor his schtick only working because those other midgets believed it (that they would lose). The IDGAF and IDGAF either press conference, as well as Conor punching Nate's fist. Or Nate walking out and shit :D

The only thing we've had this time is that press conference with the messed up sound where they didn't even get to hear each other. Why have the UFC avoided creating the kind of hype they did last time? The buzz feels kinda weak compared to last time when practically everyone were posting new clips about the fight every day all around the internet. I notice none of that this time around.

As I said, I too care for the fight most of course, but I wanted to see how these two would interact after the first fight. I feel kinda robbed of those moments, and believe its very unlike the UFC not to build that kind of hype. Never seen this little media or media events for a fight this big in UFC terms. It would have been amazing to at least see a Cormier vs Jones style sit down with Joe Rogan or something. Instead it seems the UFC is willingly keeping these guys apart.

I don't like any of that crap. Save that shit for the weigh ins.

The first fight changed Conor's bum promotional life.

Honestly I think it's Conor's call.. I don't think he wants to promote the shit out of this when he's just going to lose... even he knows it.

Can we take a minute to appreciate some of the GOAT subtle trash talk from Diaz in the lead-up to the first fight. My contribution:

Conor (paraphrased): I've ended all my fights in the UFC. I knock guys out, but you? You went to a decision in your last fight!

Nate: Yeah, against a full-grown man.

I don't watch that shit, don't even find it entertaining. I do find the million fanboy vs hater arguments about who won a staredown or who won the trash talk to be entertaining though.

Can't sell the rube casuals anymore.

They saw that clown tap. That aura is gone and can never be reattained.

Conor looks like fucking Bozo trying to shit talk Nate now. What are they supposed to do ? Give that dick Conor another attempt to injure Nate before the fight ?

Get over it.

The fight is in less than a week. If you need promo material to jack you up for this fight... Go watch the fuckin Olympics.

Hopefully they get into at least one little tussle before the fight. Was a blast watching these two go at prior to the first scrap.

I can't agree, the hype is everywhere worse than the Super Bowl and it's been going on for months with five moe days to go.

Because it'll be easier to bury Conors loss without too much hoopla beforehand. Just a guess.

But it's still being promoted decent enough

Maybe it's the new management ? - or maybe Conor had this added to his fight contract for limited Press tour ?

What exactly are you complaining about TS?

Honestly I think it's Conor's call.. I don't think he wants to promote the shit out of this when he's just going to lose... even he knows it.
most likely know he will get trashed in the trashtalk because of what happened last time they fought, so

Conors recent talk has been a little off tbh. He doesent seem like he's happy these days, maybe a little too consumed with the game and persona. He was more fun around the Mendes time

Can't sell the rube casuals anymore.

They saw that clown tap. That aura is gone and can never be reattained.

Conor looks like fucking Bozo trying to shit talk Nate now. What are they supposed to do ? Give that dick Conor another attempt to injure Nate before the fight ?

Get over it.

The fight is in less than a week. If you need promo material to jack you up for this fight... Go watch the fuckin Olympics.

If you think an aura can't be reclaimed I need to point you to Anderson Silva. Lost a couple times in Pride and then went on an epic tear in the UFC that had many thinking him an unbeatable superhuman for several years.

Conor's aura is certainly diminished now, but a win over Nate and a follow-up repeat over Aldo would restore it just fine.

By this time last fight Conor and Nate had been in several confrontations on TV as well as done conferences.

The presser is still to come and all of the video confrontations were directly after the presser last time.

They were asking about Conor hitting him remember?

This is why it's called UFC 202 and not UFC 200. Because Conor wasn't willing to do the press now that he'd been KO'd and wanted to get his mind in the right zone to not get KO'd again.

So it will happen at UFC 202 instead. Without antics.

Sorry. Like Chaka Khan, I feel for you..... (but Prince wrote that).....

EDIT: By "KO'd" I mean "forced to panic wrestle to avoid a standing KO"

Back