• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The hardest hitting LW right now is

Doesnt matter, both Chandler and Joostin would knock Conors lights out.

Conor could never knock them both down let alone out, and Conor is not durable enough to take them to a decision.

Would love to see Conor fight either of these, but he would never dream of it.

Remember that he's also just as good as his chin...anybody who has a good pu nch can also knock him out...Will Brooks and Pitbull tapped that chin already...

{<huh}

Gaetjhe rocked the iron chinned, iron willed Ferguson (who also has great recovery) many times in their fight and then "put him away" in the 5th. Tony wasn't out cold but he was certainly put away. Gaetjhe has finished ALL of his wins in the UFC by (T)KO, often leaving his opponent out cold.
No, no, when I said "put away". I meant dropped and finished him . He didn't sleep Tony and he didn't drop and finish Tony.

Wel he didn't put Dan out - he dropped him and then swarmed. Dan looked fine a few seconds afterwards.

10/22 Chandler wins are via (T)KO which amounts to a 45% KO rate. 19/22 Gaetjhe wins are via (T)KO, which amounts to a 86% KO rate. Gaetjhe's KO rate is nearly twice as high as Chandler's. Literally ALL of Gaetjhe's UFC wins are via (T)KO.

I'm not saying that Chandler doesn't hit hard and I'm sure that different styles helps to at least partially explain the much lower KO rate, but still, the statistics as well as the eye test suggest that Gaetjhe is the harder hitter.

Gaethje has far less KOs from a few shots, he beats people with his pace and volume till they can't take anymore for the most part. He hits hard but Chandler hurts people with single shots way more often.

I still say Justin

either way these two should definitely fight next for #1 contender. It’d be a hell of a fun fight to watch.

I think Dober is
I dont think so

I think his power in the LW division comes from him just being huge rather than having that natural one shot KO power that guys like Chandler and Justin have. Dober walks at 185lbs on fight night and he isnt putting guys away with just one shot, its normally TKOs

Chandler, Poirier, Gaethje, Dober, Hooker, Conor, 155 is full of hitters.

I think Oliviera beats them all though *FedorShrugs.gif*

I've been hyping him for months.

Hes been a top 5 LW for a long time dude....

Only way you could possibly say that is it you haven't actually studied his fights. Hes legit and has been for a long time.

He went life and death 2 fights in a row against a better version of Alvarez than who ended up becoming champ.

A long time ago.. hes only improved and become more dangerous since then.
Alvarez came to the UFC much earlier than Chandler. People were already saying Eddie came too late in his career. He lost to cowboy then won two questionable splits. He ended up being champion by being a huge underdog (3 to 1). Eddie never defended the belt properly.
Chandler is coming to the UFC at the same age where Eddie left for ONE FC. Where do you get top 5 LW for a few years from? Who else in the top ten LW did he beat?

everyone can get cracked if hit in the right spot

and i guess the hardest hitting lightweight is actually a 5'5 145er from bellator ?

giphy.gif

Gaethje is the only guy who KO finished Tony Ferguson.
No , he didn't "KO finish" him.
He standing TKOd him but never even dropped him in that fight. The only actual knockdown in that fight belongs to Tony (end of 2nd Rd).

I agree.

He is also the hardest suplexing 155 on the planet.
f6yVcyJ.gif
Honest question: when whoever suplexes whoever else, do they expect to just eat that fall while carrying another man throughout?
For clarity, I'm Brazilian. Never wrestled. Never.

Honest question: when whoever suplexes whoever else, do they expect to just eat that fall while carrying another man throughout?
For clarity, I'm Brazilian. Never wrestled. Never.
Depends on the suplex, you can generally sneak your head out one side, or turn slightly so one shoulder is more angled towards the ground than the other.

The other guy breaks a lot of your fall as well.

But yeah, sometimes you just land on your head lol. It generally hurts the other guy more though.

Chandler's power comes from the planet... So I'd say him.

Back