The Green Face Diet

MMAPARADOX

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
T NATION | Issue 635
Thoughts?
Would you recommend this diet as a first time diet?
I was thinking of drinking a protein shake (skim milk, whey, creatine) post workout and maybe a glass of milk in the morning, instead of anaconda 2 which is what the article says to do.
Keep in mind that I am overweight and am thinking about doing this as a first time diet to keep up my strength gains and minimize fat gains.

From just skimming the article, it looks pretty similar to paleo/primal blueprint. Are you trying to lose fat? If so, it seems like a decent idea. But you don't need to call it the "green faces diet" or whatever other trendy name people want to give to the basic veggies/meat diet.

And +1 to not buying into the T-Nation Anaconda shit. You will be fine with some milk PWO. A protein shake is fine too. Keep in mind that milk isn't really part of the diet, though. So if you are trying to go strict "green faces", you can't have the milk.

It's basically what would be recommended around here most of the time. Except for that bullshit "anaconda protocol" in the middle of the article. Eat a banana just before your training session, send me the price difference.

It's basically what would be recommended around here most of the time. Except for that bullshit "anaconda protocol" in the middle of the article. Eat a banana just before your training session, send me the price difference.

t-nation is notorious for ridiculous censorship on their boards and for basically being a marketing machine. once you read past all of this their information is not too bad

What does your current diet look like? I don't think many people would have much success at sticking with something that completely cuts out fruits, grains, and other items as a first time diet.

I always think the simplest approach is to define your status quo. What are you eating now? Are you continuing to gain weight eating this? If the answer is yes, cut the calories. My assumption is that will be pretty simple at first as most people have a bunch of shit in their diet. You should be able to cut that out without having issues with losing strength. Eventually you will stop losing weight. Reevaluate and see what you can cut out to remain in a deficit. That stuff may or may not be grains, fruits, etc.

IMO, people that go through drastic measures have less success in the long term. I was able to lose 30 lbs fairly quickly (without particularly being overweight in the first place) using the above strategy. I never completely cut out grains, but I did eat them less than normal. I didn't completely avoid fruit. I didn't avoid dairy, but I wasn't drinking much milk. I can't imagine going through such extreme measures when it's not necessary.

Back