The Greatest Gracie

MGMustards

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Who is the greatest Gracie?

Let's not include Hélio, who is in his own category.

For me its easy: Renzo. Pinoneer, Pride vet, ADCC champ, and still relevant today.

Who you got?

Also..... Does anyone know which fight Renzo quoted Julius Caesar in his post fight, "I came, I saw, I conquered"??? Thanks

The greatest Gracie is yet to come I believe, and bellator will develop him.

In terms of historical figure of importance in mma it’s def Royce Gracie.

In terms of history in MMA - Royce
In terms of mystique and legend - Rickson
In terms of BJJ importance - Helio
If all Gracies had a huge MMA tournament (in their primes) - Renzo or Roger I guess.

For me its easy: Renzo. Pinoneer, Pride vet, ADCC champ, and still relevant today.

Who you got?

Also..... Does anyone know which fight Renzo quoted Julius Caesar in his post fight, "I came, I saw, I conquered"??? Thanks
> Modern MMA [1993-2010s]: Hoyce.

IMO Henzo wouldnt have survived the Kimo Bomb on the ground.

Had Hickson fought Huas, he would have a greater legacy.

> Pioneer : Helio had a limited Vale Tudo experience. People tend to say it´s Carlson, but...George had a sick schedule back in the days, during the 1930s, could fight like 6-7-8 times per year... Obviously, his quarrel with the family didnt help his legacy/propaganda...

mr-and-mrs-north-gracie-allen-1942-E5NGG7.jpg

Rolls was the most revolutionary and arguably the most technical and best. Everything Rickson is, Rolls was a better version.

I miss old Sherdog. I've been away for a decade or so. What is this place now?

Renzo or Carlos get my pick

I laughed when people said Royce, why Royce, cause of his early ufc appearances?

Renzo or Carlos get my pick

I laughed when people said Royce, why Royce, cause of his early ufc appearances?
coz as great Henzo was, he wouldnt have had the same success in these early UFCs: he wouldnt have been able to eat Kimo´s bomb in the guard, stay composed and still secure the sub.

Rolls was the most revolutionary and arguably the most technical and best. Everything Rickson is, Rolls was a better version.

I've heard this before. What is the evidence for it? (Not disputing it, just curious)

Imo Renzo hands down.

Royce dominated in an era of people that didn’t practiced Submissions nor its defense. Rickson was a mystique figure. But Renzo is the man. His schools and students are a sample of what he is...

Sure Renzo and his students are just a classy bunch, NOT!!!!

I will be honest with you guys: I have a VERY hard time remembering who is who in the Gracie family.
The fact that they all have names that start with "R" doesn't help much.
Royce, Rorion, Rickson, Royler, Rener... who the fuck is who, goddammit???

Who you got?

Rickson by armbar

Back