the Greatest fighter ever at 140 and at 154?

And Pryor vs. Pacquaio... Though Pryor's lack of defense could bite him in the ass vs. Pac.

Pryor's chances of beating Floyd are maybe higher.

Pryor is tough work for anyone

It's hard to compare eras

Floyd would need to be a little busier than usual. Tbf he did look very good with his short stint at 140

If you ask me, I think 140 would of been the best weight for floyd and 135 for manny later in his career

Obviously there were more lucrative fights at 47 as it's historically a great division and will always have deeper talent than 140

And Pryor vs. Pacquaio... Though Pryor's lack of defense could bite him in the ass vs. Pac.

Pryor's chances of beating Floyd are maybe higher.

I think I might agree. Pryor was very durable, but the amount he ran into massive shots against an older Arguello is alarming for his chances against an offensive fighter like Pacquiao. Stylistically he might be better suited to beat Floyd than Pac.

I think I might agree. Pryor was very durable, but the amount he ran into massive shots against an older Arguello is alarming for his chances against an offensive fighter like Pacquiao. Stylistically he might be better suited to beat Floyd than Pac.
completely unrelated but I've been reading up on Arguello's time in Nicaragua during the Contra War and the revolution against Somoza. Absolute insanity. He bounced between sides multiple times and was around for some of the most insane portions of the war.

completely unrelated but I've been reading up on Arguello's time in Nicaragua during the Contra War and the revolution against Somoza. Absolute insanity. He bounced between sides multiple times and was around for some of the most insane portions of the war.

I've heard it suggested that a lot of the stress related to the conflict (and being used as a PR pawn by both sides) contributed significantly to his declining mental health.

i never heard of arguello bouncing between sides, I just know I'm a fan and I was heartbroken when he died, and confused. His demeanor hid the pain publicly, in fact, his last photo op, he was smiling and looking like the handsome gentleman he was. I always suspected possible brain related issues from boxing may have led to depression, we hear a lot more about that today with cte, than we did before. A lot of boxers deal with severed depression, some say ali did after his retirement, Sugar Ray Leonard dealt with a lot but that could have been due to many other issues, of course, losing the limelight and also, just the wanton greed of the business is enough to depress a lot of guys. It's easy to end up feeling like a piece of meat, which really is what you are to some people.

Back