The Greatest Canadian Comedians

dissolved

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
http://www.imdb.com/list/kirRKd7KRAU/

Unbelievable almost

Here's the list of names according to IMDb (and I dont agree with the order but not sure its a ranking, so here goes . . .):

1. John Candy
2. Jim Carrey
3. Martin Short
4. Mike Myers
5. Dan Aykroyd
6. Dave Foley
7. Scott Thompson
8. Kevin McDonald
9. Bruce McCulloch
10. Mark McKinney
11. Leslie Nielson
12. Tom Green
13. Phil Hartman
14. Seth Rogan
15. Russell Peters
16. Will Arnett
17. Brent Butt
18. Eugene Levy
19. Steve Smith
20. Dave Thomas
21. Rick Moranis
22. Michael Cera
23. Tommy Chong
24. Colin Mochre
25. Michael J Fox
26. John Paul Tremblay
27. Rob Wells
28. Mike Smith
29. Catherine O'Hara
30. Will Sasso
31. Ryan Reynolds
32. Jay Baruchel
33. Rick Mercer
34. Norm MacDonald
35. Harland Williams
36. Jonathan Lajoie
37. Sean Cullen
38. Fred Ewanuick
39. Matthew Perry
40. Roger Abbot
41. Don Ferguson
42. Luba Goy
43. Eric Peterson
44. Howie Mandel
45. Jonathan Torrens
46. Daryn Jones
47. Gerry Dee

. . . I'm sure there are a few missing, but wow . . . Didn't know Michael Cera, Will Arnett and Tommy Chong (lol) were Canadian . . . A few others too.

Probably my all time favorites are: Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Brue McCullough and Michael J Fox.

Yup, we got some funny people up here. No doubt about that.

I have heard it theorized that when you are close to something, but not totally a part of it, you can look it in an objective and comedic way. It might explain why many Canadians are great at satirizing American culture. We aren't a part of it, but we get it , and know why it's funny.

I have heard it theorized that when you are close to something, but not totally a part of it, you can look it in an objective and comedic way. It might explain why many Canadians are great at satirizing American culture. We aren't a part of it, but we get it , and know why it's funny.

I actually didn't know Seth Rogan and Jay B. were Canadian either before This Is the End - which was utterly hilarious.

I actually didn't know Seth Rogan and Jay B. were Canadian either before This Is the End - which was utterly hilarious.

The movie Superbad is based on Rogen and Goldberg's (his writing partner) time at Point Grey High in Vancouver. All of the high school characters in the movie are actually named after real people.

The movie Superbad is based on Rogen and Goldberg's (his writing partner) time at Point Grey High in Vancouver. All of the high school characters in the movie are actually named after real people.

Never knew that . . . That's crazy :p

My favourite has to be Nielson. The Naked Gun series is my shit, my favourite movie comedies ever

O, you're Canadian? Didn't know that... Where about?

Also, the top 5 is like a who's who of Comedy.

How is the chick who played the mother in Home Alone ahead of Norm MacDonald?

How is the chick who played the mother in Home Alone ahead of Norm MacDonald?

I cant think its a ranking . . . They lumped all the Kids in the Hall actors together near the top but there's way funnier actors lower down. But the top 5 would make it seem like its a ranking.

My favourite has to be Nielson. The Naked Gun series is my shit, my favourite movie comedies ever

Haha, the Naked Gun series has to be the best slapstick series ever.

Vancouver.

Love that place... It's like a better version of Seattle. True story: Last time I went up there with some buddies from College, we had drinks at the Hotel Bar then set out to have a crazy night. But literally, we could not find a place that didn't have a line. So finally, we see this bar that doesn't and walk in... As we're walking in, this lady asks me something I could barely hear because the music was so loud. So I just nod and point at the table across the bar. Anyways, we're sitting there drinking and I'm like, God Damn, this is a total Sausage Fest... What the fuck is going on. Then we start to realize we're in a Vancouver Gay Bar... I realized the hostess had asked if my friend Ryan was my boyfriend. lol.

Rolled out and hit some of the best spots I've ever been to. Went home with an awesome Canadian girl as well. She asked me two questions... Do you have a girlfriend and are you a Republican. No to both, and we're back at her pad for a party smoking the good BC Bud.

War Canada.

Love that place... It's like a better version of Seattle. True story: Last time I went up there with some buddies from College, we had drinks at the Hotel Bar then set out to have a crazy night. But literally, we could not find a place that didn't have a line. So finally, we see this bar that doesn't and walk in... As we're walking in, this lady asks me something I could barely hear because the music was so loud. So I just nod and point at the table across the bar. Anyways, we're sitting there drinking and I'm like, God Damn, this is a total Sausage Fest... What the fuck is going on. Then we start to realize we're in a Vancouver Gay Bar... I realized the hostess had asked if my friend Ryan was my boyfriend. lol.

Rolled out and hit some of the best spots I've ever been to. Went home with an awesome Canadian girl as well. She asked me two questions... Do you have a girlfriend and are you a Republican. No to both, and we're back at her pad for a party smoking the good BC Bud.

War Canada.

Lol, that's great. Do you remember what gay bar it was?

Also I think it's great that the girl asked you if you were a Republican. That's too funny. I am guessing that you didn't tell her you are a fan of George W, that might have been a deal-breaker.

Hmm, I meant to put a smiley face at the end of that but it's not working on my iPad.

Lol, that's great. Do you remember what gay bar it was?

Also I think it's great that the girl asked you if you were a Republican. That's too funny. I am guessing that you didn't tell her you are a fan of George W, that might have been a deal-breaker. http://www.cdn.sherdog.net/forums/sd_miscimages/smiles/tongue.gif

No, that is quite literally what she asked me... not if I was a republican. But to keep it simple, I put the latter. That's hilarious. I remember it was down towards the end of the strip and across from an Irish type bar. Walking across the street I was handed a Free Pass to get into some club with the word 'Temple' in it. The Irish place was fucking awesome, though. I love Canada. Living in Seattle, I've been going there since I was a little kid. Everything from Soccer/MMA/Grappling Tournaments to vacationing for the nightlife. Great spot, living there must be awesome.

Question: Do you root for the Seahawks?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back