• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

THE GIFTED on Fox (Cancelled After Season 2)

Update: July 13, 2017

THE GIFTED Character Promos Including First Look at Polaris

Seeing that character promo for X-Men iconic character Reed has me pumped!

gifted-meet-cast-03.jpg

But seriously, the character promos are cool. I'm optimistic about the show.

Update: July 21, 2017

Official Comic-Con Trailer for THE GIFTED

Update: September 28, 2017

Watch the First Six Minutes of Fox's THE GIFTED

So... Did the cops have their own "gifted" to find the fugitive?
Possible. If Blink escaped from the mutant detention center, maybe they put a tracker on her body or the cops are equipped with tech that can scan her energy blink.

Update: October 1, 2017

First Critics Reviews for X-Men Spinoff THE GIFTED on Fox

eYDLM9l.jpg

Entertainment Weekly - It stays afloat with quality special effects and surprisingly excellent performances across the large ensemble cast. It’s straightforward comic book fare with familiar beats, but with an earnestness and well-paced storyline that elevates it above the other gritty, supernatural fall TV choices. B+

IGN - Just the right amount of drama and tension make it all come together as a solid, enjoyable show. It may not be as thought-provoking as Legion, but it doesn’t try to be. The Gifted just wants to be an entertaining show in the world of the X-Men, and that it manages to do that without any actual A-list X-Men is a win all by itself. 8/10

Variety - “The Gifted” struggles to find any of the wonder in their gifts. In what seems to be a misguided attempt to look “serious,” “The Gifted” is a gray, humorless hour oriented towards cheap-looking action sequences. It could have withstood a bit of mutation of its own.

New York Times - The “Gifted” pilot is all the things “Inhumans” isn’t: quick, tense, funny, occasionally moving. Exposition is at a minimum and the obligatory speeches about intolerance and conformity are kept short. Mutant abilities — telekinesis, teleportation, fire rays — are straightforward and effectively filmed.

Forbes - The pilot does what a good pilot should, plant seeds that can grow. It can become a show with a rabid fanbase that will eat up whatever crazy twist creator-showrunner Matt Nix wants to throw their way. Based on the premiere, there’s every reason to believe The Gifted can become something big.

USA Today - The Gifted looks and feels different from other superhero series on TV, and Monday's premiere backs up that novelty with smart storytelling and strong characters. One of the best aspects of The Gifted is that creator Matt Nix (Burn Notice) fundamentally understands how to stage a thrilling action sequence, which many comic-book series struggle to do. 3.5/4

Very much looking forward to this tv on Monday going to be good for me With Lucifer coming back and this show.

In a world where Legion exists they are going to need to step up their game and with Bryan Singer involved I very much doubt they will. My expectations are pretty low for this one.

Is it just me as well or does it look like they've found a younger replacement for Hayden Panettiere.

the-gifted-2.jpg

a6b6e133c999bcd6af4ab929fa7e4bae.jpg
the younger one has larger boobs too.

I know it's a long shot, but is this in ANY way connected to the MCU? They are advertising this hard on TV and Radio as MARVEL's the Gifted, premiering tonight

I know it's a long shot, but is this in ANY way connected to the MCU? They are advertising this hard on TV and Radio as MARVEL's the Gifted, premiering tonight
No, 100% not connected to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Technically, the label is accurate (Marvel's The Gifted) since it is a Marvel show but we know better. It's clearly designed to gain some goodwill or sucker in the casual viewers by using the Marvel brand name.

Oh man that reminds me I forgot about Inhumans premiere.
You didn't miss much. If you do watch it, keep an eye out on the opening scene with the Inhuman girl running in the forest. Her acting is so atrocious.
1. Observe the way she runs (before and after she meets Triton). She's being chased but looked like she's just jogging.
2. Look at her facial expressions when she's being shot at.

Wow. Very surprised with the opening episode. Very solid first episode for a new series.

They fit quite a bit into a one hour episode, and I didn't find myself being annoyed or hating any of the actors/characters in the show.

Very much looking forward to this season.

Back