The George Foreman Grill Diet!!

EASYTAPPINS

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I've had my George Foreman grill for about 6 months now and I cook ALL my damn meats on that thing and it works great! Of course the taste is a bit bland because the grill really takes a large amount of the fat grease away but it's nothing a little sauce can't fix. So i just wanted to put it out there that this grill is great for those that want to eat meats regularly but without all that damn fat on them in a much shorter about of time than a regular grill or stove. Not to mention that the smaller versions of the George Foreman grills are pretty cheap (I got mine at Target for 15 bills)

Thanks for letting us know what we already know buddy!

I prefer a skillet and a hotplate. It's easier to clean.

If you want to make non-nasty food on the george foreman, it is really quite simple. There are basically three rules:

- Season liberally
- Heat the grill completely before you put the meat on
- Don't press the meat once you start cooking it, let the weight of the grill hold it in place and nothing more

If you heat the grill completely, the outside of the meat will sear. This causes only the excess juices to trickle away (outside of the sear) and leaves the juicy goodness on the inside. Same goes for pressing the meat, if you press it, the meat will just become dry and bland.

If you want to make non-nasty food on the george foreman, it is really quite simple. There are basically three rules:

- Season liberally
- Heat the grill completely before you put the meat on
- Don't press the meat once you start cooking it, let the weight of the grill hold it in place and nothing more

If you heat the grill completely, the outside of the meat will sear. This causes only the excess juices to trickle away (outside of the sear) and leaves the juicy goodness on the inside. Same goes for pressing the meat, if you press it, the meat will just become dry and bland.

I just wanted to say that it's been proven that searing does not hold more juices inside a piece of meat. Saw it on food network, and I'm sure you can read about it on the web.

With that said searing Tuna steaks is awesome.

I just wanted to say that it's been proven that searing does not hold more juices inside a piece of meat. Saw it on food network, and I'm sure you can read about it on the web.

With that said searing Tuna steaks is awesome.

I just don't see how that is true, and I've seen it mentioned hundreds of times on food network that it is true. When you sear the meat, a seal is formed on the outside of the meat. That locks the juices inside. Until you break the surface of the meat, all the juice stays inside. It is the same reason they tell you to flip your meat with tongs, and not to puncture it with a fork.

+1 to those who don't clean their grills! in reply to the poster re the fish tasting chikun comment, i ONLY cook chicken or bacon on mine :)

So bacon flavored chicken?

BTW, for some reason the English don't believe in crispy bacon...

I have two, one at uni and one at home... whenever i come home from uni the george is filthy but my uni one is nice and clean and scratched from me prising black chunks of fat of it :D

you also might be interested to hear of my 7 minute rule regarding the GF grill.. having used it solidly for a good year and a half, i can swear that it has the capability when left to warm up fully that it will cook anything in 7 minutes, that includes steaks, burgers, chicken, lamb, fish anything you can grill 7 minutes is the maximum you need it on :)

Back