The Future of Nick Diaz????

The Condit fight could be argued in his favor but in no way could the Anderson fight be. You would have to have some next level Bias to score that fight a win for Diaz. He made the fight entertaining.

As for your question does he deserve super fights.... No, not for his next fight. He used up his superfight / title fight cards already. His last fight was with Anderson. The fight before that G.S.P., for the title. And his fight before that ( which he lost ) was also for an interim title. Before that he fought B.J. Penn. At the time B.J. had KO'd the 10th ranked WW and had a draw with the 2nd Ranked WW before fighting Diaz. So one could argue that being a big fight as well.

At some point you have to win to continue to get superfights / title fights. The only possible way I can see a super fight would be if they make Anderson vs Diaz 2 because the first fight was turned to a NC or Dana does something crazy like making a Diaz vs. Conor match.

The Condit fight could be argued in his favor but in no way could the Anderson fight be. You would have to have some next level Bias to score that fight a win for Diaz. He made the fight entertaining.

As for your question does he deserve super fights.... No, not for his next fight. He used up his superfight / title fight cards already. His last fight was with Anderson. The fight before that G.S.P., for the title. And his fight before that ( which he lost ) was also for an interim title. Before that he fought B.J. Penn. At the time B.J. had KO'd the 10th ranked WW and had a draw with the 2nd Ranked WW before fighting Diaz. So one could argue that being a big fight as well.

At some point you have to win to continue to get superfights / title fights. The only possible way I can see a super fight would be if they make Anderson vs Diaz 2 because the first fight was turned to a NC or Dana does something crazy like making a Diaz vs. Conor match.
You really don't have to win to keep getting big fights. You just have sell, and not get dominated.

You really don't have to win to keep getting big fights. You just have sell, and not get dominated.

I guess it depends on your definition of big fights. If he keeps losing could the UFC still find him fights the fans want to see.... Yes, he is a draw. But even this has its limits. At some point he is going to need a win.

It's not a super-fight when one of the fighters haven't had a win in 4-5 + fights. Which is what is going to happen if he stays on the I only want superfights - title fights train of thought. Anderson - G.S.P. ( retired ) are what I am thinking he means by super fights. Both them beat him and put him further down the path of needing a win. He is not getting another title shot without some wins. I think he should be pushing for a Condit rematch. Which isn't a super fight but an interesting one with some story behind it. It is also one he might be able to win but the odds won't be in his favor.

Cerrone, Maia, Condit, Bisping, Lawler, Rory, Thompson.. In that order. Zuffa will only match him with main event names.. Regardless of his record. It is not what the public thinks is right or correct, reality is.. Zuffa is an Entertainment company first, sports second. So they will place Nick against those who have a "marquee" name like himself. People on sherdog and casuals, hate to admit that those within the MMA industry are fans of Nick, get excited when he fights, even those who have fought him say they are fans of him, respect him and do not mind that he only wants "big" fights and say he deserves them in the end.

My future shout is he Fights Lawer @ UFC 200 !!!!!

retirement-sign-copy.jpg

Also, why does no one remember he's popped for weed in two of his last three fights. He lost to Condit, and he lost to Silva. Even if by some judging catastrophe he had won a decision, those results would have been overturned. There is no situation where Nick Diaz could have won a single fight since 2011. Let him go.

Back