The future of MMA and Combat Sports-- Our kids

1Strike

Blue Belt
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[YT]qakgiNWfjfw[/YT]

Here is a video of my son doing some boxing sparring , (green shorts & shirt).

I train him a few times a week since he was 4 (he's 6 now) and have now started to be able to find him sparring partners his age at the local MMA and boxing gyms.
He had his first Muay Thai fight at Master Toddy's 3 weeks ago against a 9 year old and they had a great 2 round exhibition fight.

He loves Muay Thai and his kicks and knees are his favorite weapons but I wanted to post this video to show some of the guys on here that think that Muay Thai fighters can't or don't have decent boxing skills is simply not true.

Edit-- Sorry the video is so short , it was supposed to be 3 2min rounds of sparring but the other kids boxing coach called it off after only 1 minute.

Last edited:
Can anyone say, mexican punching bag? (just had to...headgear reference)

Nice hands, especially that cross, found home really often, I can see why the coach called it off. Also he didn't seem to just wail away he got his shots in backed out a lil, and repeated, also went up/downstairs.

But on a personal level I feel that at that age their brain is developing, and even though he didn't take many shots, his development could be hindered by sparring. Idk tho that's just me.

You really picked that for the music?

Lol, that's pretty cool. Never use that song again, but that kid is a beast.

You really picked that for the music?

I actually don't like that song but had no choice, the one that I used originally was muted by Youtube due to copyright .

I had to pick a song from the Youtube list and their selection REALLY sucks.

Nice!!! Your boy looks like Anderson countering those shots, bing bang boom! Pin point accuracy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back