Shoop The Froot Shoop Contest Sign Up

singam123.png
Benavidez looking TST

I'm just gonna submit a banana but pretend I'm serious and then act like everyone is an idiot for not understanding it

I'm just gonna submit a banana but pretend I'm serious and then act like everyone is an idiot for not understanding it

Don't forget to duct tape it on a wall.

Buyers of Maurizio Cattelan’s $120,000 Banana Defend the Work as ‘the Unicorn of the Art World,’ Comparing It to Warhol’s Soup Cans
Still, two of the new owners are aware of the 'blatant absurdity' at the heart of the work.

maurizio-cattelan-banana-1024x600.jpg

@One MMA Fan said we're not allowed

I said you aren't allowed... everyone else can use them.
<{1-16}>

Hey hey meat and bones are against the rules.

And I knew you had your eyes on her.. I knew.

OG Froot Shoop Godfather checking in.

This place is bananas already!

IT'S TIME! For the first ever Froot & Veggies Shoop Contest! this event will be themed for the UFC 246: McGregor vs. Cerrone card!

Sign up fallowing the instructions in this thread to enter Sherdog's brand new shoop challenge:

The Froot Shoop Contest

QuiYGGv.jpg

The fruit and veggies shoop idea was envisioned by our very own froot shoop godfather @Ottawaguy so thank you for that good sir.
As a healthy start to 2020, the exposure to this fruit & veggies shoop thread should lead sherbros to consume more produce to start the new decade being healthy so we can stay jacked and land them 10s for many years to come like any proper sherbro will be doing.

Instead of simply inserting fruits and veggies into an existing image, you recreate an image using only fruits and veggies like how @Myrddin Wild did for our above contest banner. You will understand it better via more picture examples like this ones:

aliliston1-jpg.503343

Ali-Liston.jpg

For example here notice that the cage was made of bean sprouts and they were just turned black to fit the design better but still only fruits and veggies used in the shoop:
i350GnU.jpg

Tiny daikons used for the letters on this one, so be inventive:
lewis-jpg.708915

gvSnRKH.jpg

Page.png

More fruit shoops examples in this Otto original idea thread but not all entries here are up to code (more on that bellow) we are just using this as an general example of how a fruit and veggies shoops can look and to maybe get ideas and inspiration:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/the-froot-shoop-thread-shoop-dem-froots-and-veggies.3894311/
If you still don't get it then post in this thread and ask questions or use the private message option with me.

To Sign Up for this event post your intentions in this thread and tag @One MMA Fan
Make it PERFECTLY CLEAR that you want to enter. Do not just post a .gif as your intent to sign-up. It will be ignored. Do not say "IN" or anything else that can be misinterpreted. "I want to sign up @One MMA Fan" would be a good response. And I'll PM you and add you into the contest.
Check the bottom of the OP to make sure you are added to the contestants list!! This is your responsibility to make sure.
If you don't see your name in the contestant list and you see contestants being added after you have signed up, then @ tag or quote @One MMA Fan in this thread.

Depending on the number of people entering the competition we will decide at the end of the sign up process how many threads and contestants we can have/accommodate in this competition so most likely we will be using the first come first served situation for this public sign up process depending on the spots remaining and based on forum limitations of maximum 20 pictures/shoops in a single post and correlation to multiple threads and other logistic/administrative things that we have to take into consideration for the best possible scenario.
So just a heads up some of you may end up as substitutions/alternates but of course we will try to accommodate as many contestants as possible and be practical in doing so too.

The Competition Rules:
THESE ARE THE RULES AS OF RIGHT NOW. THEY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Note that anything typed above is also part of the rules.

• First and foremost, at all times you are responsible for knowing the rules in the OP's of the contests. No excuses. Anything added to Contestant PM's will be considered part of the rules.
  • Fruit and veggies only.
  • No meat!!! no processed food like bread, no grocery bags, utensils etc.
  • Your shoop shoop has to be made from fruit and veggies. No external images are allowed. A gradient or colored background is allowed.
  • It's only "real" fruits.... no drawings of fruits or veggies or computer created likenesses.
  • Static images only. No gif
  • Single frame. No storyboard Shoops. A storyboard is a multi-frame image.
  • You are allowed to alter the shape, perspective, size, color and texture of the fruit or veggie. For example, changing the curve of a banana or making it red.
  • Stick to actual fruits and veggies, so no cans or bags.If you're making something that doesn't resemble fruit or veggies... be prepared to prove otherwise to your peers and show your used method to our shoop experts.
  • Any text must be made from the fruits or veggies. No using regular fonts in any way even as a stencil.
  • No reference photos will be posted with your entry, as the shoop should speak for itself (like for example how we used the Muhammad Ali reference photo then fallowed by the actual fruit shoop.. that was only so you understand what we are doing here).
  • Your entry must be UFC 246 fight card related.
  • Minor brushing is allowed like we see on the Shadface froot shoop. We consider that changing the color of the fruit, so it is allowed.
  • Note that all times and dates will be for USA East Coast (EST).
  • Entries will be due 72 hours after UFC 246 main event start time.
  • Voting will start shortly thereafter and last for 3 days.
  • Post your intentions to sign up in this thread and make it clear please
  • Once entered, check the OP to make sure you are in the Contestants List at the bottom. P.M. and tag @One MMA Fan if you are not added. It's up to you to make sure I have seen your post and that you are entered.
  • Entries will be submitted to @One MMA Fan and do not submit your entries until after the UFC event is over.
  • Contestants: Do not attach your images to Sherdog or they will not be accepted. Use a proper image host. I recommend https://imgbb.com OR https://imgur.com or you can use your own. We do not allow images hosted on Photobucket as they have a user name in the URL.
  • Images should be in .jpg, .png
  • Do not put your user name in the name of your file.
  • Do not re-use old shoops
  • Do not post your images anywhere on the internet before or during the contest or you will be disqualified.
  • You can use whatever program you would like. You can make it on cell phone, tablet, computer, or whatever else you would like.
  • You can start early if you want.
  • Shoops must related to the UFC 246 card or build-up or press conferences of this event.
  • One entry per person.
  • No vote trolling. You will be banned from further contests including NGS and MSPaint. This means in no way are you to ask or coerce others into voting for you.
  • No threads about specific entrants until after the contest.
  • We will determine the winner by your total votes whoever has the most votes wins.
  • Rules and prizes (if any) are subject to change
  • If you have any questions, ask in this thread and use quotes/tags or in the PM with me, if they are super technical shoop related please PM the shoop moderator @bigwaverider
The team behind this event:
The Game Master for this event: @One MMA Fan
The Shoop Council for this event: @Ottawaguy @Myrddin Wild @Arqueto @One MMA Fan @bigwaverider
The Admin and shoop & banner aficionado: @jei
The Shoop Moderator: @bigwaverider

PRIZES
$50 from our own froot godfather @Ottawaguy
$30 from our own champion dogo @Arqueto

More donations are welcome!! We do Amazon eGift codes which can be purchased here. The code should be PM'd to @bigwaverider. Even a $5 donation is awesome. We always need $5 chunks when dividing the prizes, so it will come in handy.

Now please feel free to register and get them fruits and veggies templates ready for the big fight card Conor vs Cowboy while you await inspiration in the fruit/veggies & UFC 246 card theme!

Good Luck!

girl-fruit.png

I would like to sign up if spots are still available

shoop-groovy-with-fruit-girl-bump-png.709803

BUMP

Attachments

• Shoop Groovy with fruit girl bump.png
    Shoop Groovy with fruit girl bump.png
    365.6 KB · Views: 41
I'm ready.

mir-froot-shoop-hat2-jpg.709845

Attachments

• mir froot shoop hat2.jpg
    mir froot shoop hat2.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 43
I'm vegan

That explains your brain deficiency.

@One MMA Fan is there a specific date that the shoop has to be posted by?. I already know the image I want to do, its from a old UFC fight..

read the rules... ya goof.

"Entries will be due 72 hours after UFC 246 main event start time."
"Voting will start shortly thereafter and last for 3 days."
"Your entry must be UFC 246 fight card related.

Did @bigwaverider tell you that you basically have to take a week off work to babysit us before during and after the event?

the diapers are the worst part. :D

dana-meisha-froot-jpg.709871

My famous last words:

"Eh how hard can it be to host the competition, sherbros are smart and inventive I foresee no issues they been at this shoop contests for years now."

YaoMingMeme.jpg

Well this should be fun.

I froot shooped you man. Virtually identical.

jackonfire-froot-jpg.709875

239202.jpg

Attachments

• dana meisha froot.jpg
    dana meisha froot.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 55
  • jackonfire-froot.jpg
    jackonfire-froot.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 4
  • jackonfire-froot.jpg
    jackonfire-froot.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
The champ is in!!!!

Sign me up @One MMA Fan

Not sure we can allow eggs in this contest. :D

Just sharing some templates, One MMA said we ALL have to incorporate these
maxresdefault.jpg

Yeah bud I bet you "incorporate" that one on the right on a regular basis

Top 10 cut down of all time. 1 point for @Medulla Omoplata

are you just posting objects you've had sex with recently?

Not a bad come back but @Medulla Omoplata is stil in the lead.

she loves bananas.

This is madness.

You forgot to make it a storyboard made of animated gifs. :D

I mada a Mark Hunt

eH45Yyt.jpg

It looks exactly lie him too.

This is real good bro. Good use of the froots.

<Oku03>

First contest you've been in my brother?

Contest just got much Groovier imo :cool:
Well to save myself from utter embarrassment I usually don't enter and I just admire everyones else's shoops, some very creative ones on here over the years. But this time I am aboard because I like fruit and vegetables (especially when they are covered is sugar, honey, syrup and ice cream) .. my shoop skills are very limited, but this is a bit different as it allows you to create a picture from fruit/vegetables.. I'll be honest I see myself winning*

if you all have no internet connection after UFC 246*

Back