Media The Forgotten MMA GOAT

Yeah I think Fedor was in late 20s or 30 when he lost to Hendo via ko. That's like Khabib getting kod by Sean Omalley, GSP KoD by Volk, or Bones kod by Usman.

He was almost 34, son. Oh and he had more fights at that point than any of those people have in their entire career, including GSP who was KOd by Matt Serra.

Enjoy your lesson.

Yeah I think Fedor was in early 30s when he lost to Hendo via ko. That's like Khabib getting kod by Sean Omalley, GSP KoD by Volk, or Bones kod by Usman.

Nah it'd totally be like Jones getting destroyed by Ronda Rousey within a minute. Fedor's loss was even worse probably.

Forgotten... He just had a network TV main event this year.

Fedor's legacy is safe. There's no heavyweight who has come close to accomplishing what he did and I dont see anyone on the horizon. Closest is Stipe getting 3 title defenses.

Yeah I think Fedor was in early 30s when he lost to Hendo via ko. That's like Khabib getting kod by Sean Omalley, GSP KoD by Volk, or Bones kod by Usman.
It’s not like any of those things. There was a 17 pound weight difference between the two. That’s the same weight difference between Stipe and Ngannou in their first fight.
Fedor had a great HW pride run in an era where everyone was juiced. However the game has chsmged a lot and fighters are much more skilled. Could Prime Pride Fedor beat Prime Cain, Stipe, DC, Frank, Brock....... even Jones. He was a magician in a ring in the cage he was very mortal. You can't take loses from the folks Fedor took Ls to an be considered a Goat. A great amazing run in Pride but he's no a Goat. GSP, Khabib, MM, and Bones are the mount Rushmore of MMA.
Right, we all know sambo doesn’t work in MMA anymore ;)

Honestly, look at Vadim Nemkov. Trained by Fedor using the same methods, in the same gym, and is champ right now.

HW is shit right now, and it’s not like Fedor was one dimensional. Very fast, accurate strikes, good kicks, solid TDD, KO power, could hit a variety of submissions, great throws and trips….

I think he’d be just fine.

It’s not like any of those things. There was a 17 pound weight difference between the two. That’s the same weight difference between Stipe and Ngannou in their first fight.

Right, we all know sambo doesn’t work in MMA anymore ;)

Honestly, look at Vadim Nemkov. Trained by Fedor using the same methods, in the same gym, and is champ right now.

HW is shit right now, and it’s not like Fedor was one dimensional. Very fast, accurate strikes, good kicks, solid TDD, KO power, could hit a variety of submissions, great throws and trips….

I think he’d be just fine.
He may very well be the best HW ever (personally I think prime Cain or DC beats Fedor) . But in early 30s had a 3 fight skid of Big Foot, Werdum, Hendo. That eliminates him imo. His pride run is truly legendary and only matched by Bones at LHW. That 3 fight skid cannot be overlooked in goat talks.

I never said anything about Sambo its obvious it works great in MMA.

Wpuld Fedor rule HW right now of course he would. The division is terrible right now.. it's so Bad a just over prime Randy could win it again too.. doesn't say much for Fedor as he should win today. Would Fedor win a few years back with Stipe, DC , Frank ....... maybe maybe not

He may very well be the best HW ever (personally I think prime Cain or DC beats Fedor) . But in early 30s had a 3 fight skid of Big Foot, Werdum, Hendo. That eliminates him imo. His pride run is truly legendary and only matched by Bones at LHW. That 3 fight skid cannot be overlooked in goat talks.

I never said anything about Sambo its obvious it works great in MMA.
I know you didn’t, I was just giving you a hard time about the evolution of the sport when Fedor’s background translates very well to modern MMA.

Ultimately, GOAT/Mt Rushmore talks are up to each of us to decide. But I’ll offer you this comparison to Khabib and GSP, since you listed them.

Fedor’s 3 losses were in his 34th, 35th, and 36th pro fights. He was 33 years old, almost 34.

—Neither GSP or Khabib have even fought that many fights.

—Both GSP and Khabib walked away from the sport when they were 32. And GSP had 2 losses already.

I think it’s a little unfair to give Fedor’s 3 losses as much weight as you’re giving them. But that’s my .02 as a Fedor nuthugger, so take it as you will lol.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Fedor. Now that I watched the video I remember that he's the goat

Back