Movies THE FLASH (Biggest Flop in Warner Bros.' History; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE FLASH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Just finished this movie and it was pretty bad outside of Michael Keaton. His scenes make the entire film worth watching. And it's not just because I like Michael Keaton. The filmmakers actual did an amazing job with his action sequences too. It felt like watching the best parts of the old Tim Burton Batman combined with the best parts of modern special effects. After seeing this, I'd really love to see a movie that tells the story of old man Bruce based on Frank Miller's the dark knight returns comic. And Michael Keaton is the perfect age to star in it.

As others have said, the CGI is terrible. Like the worst I've seen in 20 years. And I disagree with dragonlord about Ezra miller's performance. I think he was bad.

First of all, the writers screwed up by trying to make the flash into Peter Parker. But if you are going to do that, then Ezra Miller is the wrong guy to play that part. He doesn't ruin the movie but he's definitely not one of the strengths.

I loved all the clever cameos although most of them come in the form of awful CGI which devalues them quite a bit.

I agree with others that this might be the best DC snyderverse movie, but only because the others were so terrible. Without the Keaton batman scenes this movie wouldn't be worth your time. But since they're there, it totally is.
Word is that the plan was to have Keaton's Batman be the Nick Fury of the DCU.

But, now that Gunn is in charge, it won't happen

Word is that the plan was to have Keaton's Batman be the Nick Fury of the DCU.

But, now that Gunn is in charge, it won't happen
Good. They need to stop trying to copy everything that the MCU did. They don't need a nick fury type that shows up in every movie.

But they do need to bring Frank Miller's dark knight returns to the big screen and get Keaton to play the part. And it doesn't need to lead to a sequel, or tie in with other movies either.

They should just focus on making one great movie at a time. It's to the point where every movie is just an advertisement for future movies.

I thought it was alright. The run so fast you can time travel shit was retarded, but the characters were done well. Miller is irritating as hell, his casting ruined it IMO in the eyes of the public. He sounds like T.J. Miller, and looks like a Dollar Store Jimmy Fallon.

I wasn’t expecting much after the movie bombed but also suspected it bombed just because people didn’t want to support the project after it came out that Ezra Miller was a child groomer. Which I of course support a boycott of 100%.

Spot on about trying to make him the Peter Parker of the group. He wasn’t bad acting wise by any means but DC desperately tries to copy the MCU often and it never works.

Keaton definitely made the movie and Michael Shannon was a close second. Movie didn’t deserve all the hate as overall it was pretty enjoyable for a summer popcorn flick. 7/10

Came in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The best DCEU movie by far, not counting suicide squad or joker.

Ezra was actually really funny and had a great performance as two flashes. Actually very likable if you didn’t know what a crazy pos he is. The middle was pretty slow and my least favorite part about the film. I really like the first and third acts of the film though.

7.5/10

I do have a couple of questions though. So what’s gong on with the DCEU? Is it or is it not going to be one homogeneous universe.
And they aren’t going to bring Ezra back? It’s actually a shame because this movie made me look forward to watching more of him.

So what’s going on? Is some people being recast or are they redoing the movies or is it a continuous universe or what? I’m so confused on their game plan with Gunn

No worse than a bunch of the Marvel films which made 100s of millions/ billions, imo.

Shows how far good will and marketing can get you.

No worse than a bunch of the Marvel films which made 100s of millions/ billions, imo.

Shows how far good will and marketing can get you.

Even Marvel is running out of goodwill now. Quantummania might not have been a total flop, but it very much underperformed. Secret Invasion is the worst-reviewed MCU series, and The Marvels has been pushed back yet again.

Even Marvel is running out of goodwill now. Quantummania might not have been a total flop, but it very much underperformed. Secret Invasion is the worst-reviewed MCU series, and The Marvels has been pushed back yet again.

Only one I’ve watched since Endgame was the Spider-Man one, and I was not a big fan of it at all. Thought Flash was of similar quality.

Even a load of the prime years MCU films which made bank I thought were band average at best eg Iron Man 3, Black Panther, Captain Marvel (which I didn’t make it til the end of). Hell Endgame itself was massively disappointing in my eyes.

They made enough really good ones though where you don’t get to down on the lesser ones. DC doesn’t have a Winter Soldier/GotG/Ragnarok/Infinity War etc to help raise the overall profile of the franchise though, I guess.

Actually just watched GotG 3 too.

Worst of the 3, but still decent. Only marginally better than The Flash, imo.

Came in with low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. The best DCEU movie by far, not counting suicide squad or joker.

Ezra was actually really funny and had a great performance as two flashes. Actually very likable if you didn’t know what a crazy pos he is. The middle was pretty slow and my least favorite part about the film. I really like the first and third acts of the film though.

7.5/10

I do have a couple of questions though. So what’s gong on with the DCEU? Is it or is it not going to be one homogeneous universe.
And they aren’t going to bring Ezra back? It’s actually a shame because this movie made me look forward to watching more of him.

So what’s going on? Is some people being recast or are they redoing the movies or is it a continuous universe or what? I’m so confused on their game plan with Gunn

I would still put the new Suicide Squad, first Wonder Woman, and Snyder Justice League above it. This is excluding the Joker and a lot of Batman and Superman movies which were great.

Didn’t watch because I had no interest, but this was actually pretty good. A solid 8/10. Keaton was awesome and I thought the comedy actually worked.

7 - Pretty Good

I enjoyed it for the most part. It won't be high on any re-watch list but was worth the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back