THE FINAL GIRLS Trailer ('The Feel Good Horror Movie of the Year')

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
First Official Trailer for Meta Horror Comedy THE FINAL GIRLS

The-Final-Girls-Malin-Akerman-Dragonlord.jpg

This looks crazy! If you love horror movies, you have to see this. The first trailer has debuted for a horror comedy spoof called The Final Girls, directed by Todd Strauss-Schulson (A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas). The film is basically a huge riff on the entire horror genre, breaking all sorts of tropes and making fun of everything from flashbacks to the "final girl" killing the bad guy at the end. It looks really crazy fun.

The huge cast includes Taissa Farmiga starring as Max, plus Malin Akerman, Alexander Ludwig, Nina Dobrev, Alia Shawkat, Adam Devine, Angela Trimbur, Chloe Bridges and Thomas Middleditch. The screenplay is by Joshua John Miller and M.A. Fortin. The Final Girls will be released in theaters and VOD starting October 9th this fall.

Synopsis: When Max (Farmiga) and her friends reluctantly attend a screening of "Camp Bloodbath," an infamous '80s cult horror film that starred Max's late mother (Akerman), they are accidentally sucked into the silver screen. They soon realize they

First Sherdog review:

Just watched "The Final Girls" and thought it was awesome.

Five kids get sucked into an 80's horror movie (basically friday the 13th) and have to survive til the end to get out. Had some really funny moments, solid cast, and was pretty brutal for a PG-13 movie. It's a shame this didn't get a bigger release, I thought it was great.

Looks great but WARNING!! Trailer looks to pretty much give the whole movie away! I turned it off halfway because I actually want to be surprised when shit happens.

It is great, but the trailer gives A LOT away so it is best to watch the movie before watching the trailer.

I went in knowing almost nothing about it which is probably why I enjoyed it so much.

Saw it was rated PG-13, rolled my eyes.

Understood it was a horror comedy after 30 seconds, decided I must see this.

Looks entertaining, anyway.

Akerman sounds just like Drew Barrymore when she speaks.

Back