• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Television THE FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER Discussion

If you have seen the whole season of FALCON AND THE WINTER SOLDIER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I gotta say, this version of Flag Smasher is exactly the sort of character I loathe.
Also: Daniel Bruhl is outstanding, as usual.

- That reminds me: I need to finish reading The Prince on my Kindle. But how did Zemo get the card in the first place? There was no way for Bucky to pass it to him in the cell. The whole escape just felt too easy; for a prison that's supposed to hold one of the most dangerous non-enhanced humans on the planet, their security was shocking.

- OK, so I guess Sokovia had it's own nobility, and we can start calling Zemo by his proper Comic Book title. It seemed a bit lazy, but not going to lie, it was cool to see him in the purple mask:cool:

- Lol at Zemo doing the Dad Dance<Lmaoo>

- Madripoor was well done. They nailed the difference between Low Town and High Town from the X Men comics. Also, the way Zemo smirks when Sam - sorry, Smiling Tiger;) - says, "Let me guess: we have no friends in High Town" makes it obvious that the Baron is keeping a lot of cards close to his chest.

The cell phone scene was pure PIS(Plot Induced Stupidity)though. No way Sam would make such a rookie mistake as not turning his phone off during a highly dangerous meeting.

- Good to see Sharon Carter make a come back. Her fight scenes actually made a refreshing change from the usual movie trope of slim women effortless beating up guys more than twice their size. Sharon attacks from ambush, sucker punches opponents with a metal pipe, uses a knife etc. When forced into empty hand combat, she clearly struggles against bigger, stronger opponents, but manages to compensate by putting her entire bodyweight into moves, and grabbing the bad guys' weapons as soon as she can. It helps that the bounty hunters were such Cans:rolleyes:

The last scene indicates she's still a Spook, living under NOC(Non Official Cover)in Madripoor for the CIA or some other agency.

- Zemo proving that he's only a lightweight compared to people with Powered Armour or Super Strength etc. Against low-level human fighters, the former commanding officer of EKO Scorpion is lethal:cool:

- Karli going to the Dark Side. Walker clearly not far behind, given his reaction to the German spitting in his face. Also, is it just me, or does the, "Star" on Walker's costume look slightly like the Compass and Square symbol of Freemasonry? Most likely just a coincidence, but it's been bugging me.

- Zemo's line about Sokovia being cannibalised by it's neighbours. I didn't want to do this again after WandaVision, but it's just possible that's how we get Latveria in the MCU...

- "Do we want to live in a world full of people like the Red Skull?" Uh, yeah, I kind of do;)

- I think the Power Broker is either General Ross or Doctor Zola(you're telling me a guy as smart as that wouldn't have saved a back-up copy of his consciousness?)

TL/DR: another high quality episode. Zemo was easily the MVP, with his Troll skills almost as dangerous as his tactical and fighting abilities.

I dont get these little (cheap) continuity mistakes. They leave in a s500 and arrive in a Maserati. Mercs are FAR more prevalent,its impossible to believe they couldnt find one, it wouldnt even have to be the same model or color. Its multi million production and they skimp on a car...Its just annoying cause it brings you out of immersion in the story/what happening.

Also the girl kicks, i stopped counting, 8guy's asses... And then 3 of them have problem with 3. Meh.
And yeah that card in the book was a bit too much suspension of disbelief. Bucky wouldve have to know people and plan it ahead which didnt seem like he had time for that. As was the Sarah phone call.

I dont get these little (cheap) continuity mistakes. They leave in a s500 and arrive in a Maserati. Mercs are FAR more prevalent,its impossible to believe they couldnt find one, it wouldnt even have to be the same model or color. Its multi million production and they skimp on a car...Its just annoying cause it brings you out of immersion in the story/what happening.

Also the girl kicks, i stopped counting, 8guy's asses... And then 3 of them have problem with 3. Meh.
And yeah that card in the book was a bit too much suspension of disbelief. Bucky wouldve have to know people and plan it ahead which didnt seem like he had time for that. As was the Sarah phone call.

I didn't notice the car thing, to be honest. The ease with which Zemo escaped was the biggest problem I had with this episode. I rolled with it because Bruhl is excellent in the role and it was cool to see him again. I was surprised he didn't take the opportunity to escape. He obviously plans on manipulating Sam and Bucky to help achieve his own objectives later on.

I gotta say, this version of Flag Smasher is exactly the sort of character I loathe.
Also: Daniel Bruhl is outstanding, as usual.

Why, exactly?

Agree with you about Bruhl. The MVP of this episode and it wasn't even close:cool:

*light spoilers ahoy!*

Well, most of that episode made zero sense, but I enjoyed myself.

Daniel Brühl is the best and great as Zemo, but it was super weird that they felt they had to break him out of jail. The situation did not seem to justify that at all. But whatever, it was cool having him go on a road trip and hang with teh booooois.

Sharon Carter turning into a ninja came out of nowhere for me and that whole fight scene was lame with lame on. I feel like it would have been enough to introduce Zemo in this episode, we didn't really need her at all for anything.

The Blade Runner cyberpunk vibes continued big time in Madripoor and that was cool, I guess. I liked Bucky going back into Winter Soldier mode and I like his interactions with Sam - feel like they could and should have cut Sharon out and divided her role between the other three.

Not sure how I feel about this series, the plot is a bit confusing and a lot of the time it's not very clear why the heroes are following the path they are on. Everything is very well done, though, and the actors do a good job.

Good episode, I liked how they fleshed out Zemo's character.

I didn't notice the car thing, to be honest. The ease with which Zemo escaped was the biggest problem I had with this episode. I rolled with it because Bruhl is excellent in the role and it was cool to see him again. I was surprised he didn't take the opportunity to escape. He obviously plans on manipulating Sam and Bucky to help achieve his own objectives later on.

The escape kind of soured the whole episode for me. A lot happened in this episode and it felt very rushed and incoherent.

@Dragonlordxxxxx GTFIH and tell us what you thought of this episode!:)
Didn't love it but I liked the 3rd episode. (Also rewatched the 2nd episode and I've grown to like it a bit as well)

I enjoyed Zemo. I love his overall look with his coat and everything. Imagine if the proper actor portrayed him, say Michael Fassbender, whoa, Zemo would be more awesome!

Was cool to finally see Madripoor in live-action BUT didn't like that they turned it into the United Colors of Benetton. Nice Easter Egg on The Princess Bar.

They missed a great opportunity to put the mask back on Winter Soldier. It's the mask that completes the look.

Enjoyed seeing (former) Agent 13 Sharon Carter again. Poor Sharon, she's doing all the heavy work outside the shipping containers while the boys are inside nice and cozy.

Love that they confirmed that Bucky's notebook is the same notebook Steve was using.

I am really happy that ginger Flag Smasher blew up the building and killing the people inside. I was afraid she and her group was going to be written as a super sympathetic good guys group in the end.

I like that the Dora Milaje is going to be involved in this. I think that was Florence Kasumba back as Ayo.

I'm also happy with Bucky's portrayal in this episode. He was not uncharacteristically incompetent in here unike in the 2nd episode.

I remember seeing Daniel Brühl in "Goodbye Lenin" and "Die vetten Jahre sind vorbei" (the Edukators in English, lame title) back when I was living in Berlin (two movie gems, btw., if you haven't seen them, check them out). Crazy that this is now 16 years ago. He was great already back then and a huge star in German cinema.

It's pretty cool that he does movies in three languages and can be a star in Germany, the English speaking world and Spain at the same time. He speaks French fluently as well. He is one of the few guys who actually exudes the intelligence that makes it believable that he his character is supposed to be some kind of genius.

Also funny that he is usually the hero in German and Spanish films, but always the villain in English-language movies.

Isn't the Maserati Sharon's car?

Episode 3 felt more like an episode of 24 with Bucky as a poor man Jack Bauer (and Sam as Tony Almeida) then something out of the MCU. That doesn't mean that it was bad as i enjoyed it but it was just a bit different and the pacing felt a bit weird.

Sharon would destroy Amanda Nunes. She has K1 level striking and world class BJJ. That armbar on that dude was nasty

So far i don't hate it but i don't consider it "must watch" television. And i still prefer Wandavision to this by quite a bit. And i still expect Loki to top both lol

My favorite part of episode 3:
nC7sbCv.gif

I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the mook who fired the rocket at Nagel's lab.

The Power Broker is gonna skin that dude alive. The way things work in the MCU, all of Nagel's research was probably destroyed.

Bruhl is definitely chewing up the scenery.

Also agreed with the others that they should have had Bucky don the mask again for the WS look. Was cool to see him smash his way through the bar.

Edit: Also the Sharon Carter fights were well done. No slugging it out with the dudes. She either stabbed, shot or smashed them with a steel pipe first.

Last edited:
Didn't love it but I liked the 3rd episode. (Also rewatched the 2nd episode and I've grown to like it a bit as well)

I enjoyed Zemo. I love his overall look with his coat and everything. Imagine if the proper actor portrayed him, say Michael Fassbender, whoa, Zemo would be more awesome!

Was cool to finally see Madripoor in live-action BUT didn't like that they turned it into the United Colors of Benetton. Nice Easter Egg on The Princess Bar.

They missed a great opportunity to put the mask back on Winter Soldier. It's the mask that completes the look.

Enjoyed seeing (former) Agent 13 Sharon Carter again. Poor Sharon, she's doing all the heavy work outside the shipping containers while the boys are inside nice and cozy.

Love that they confirmed that Bucky's notebook is the same notebook Steve was using.

I am really happy that ginger Flag Smasher blew up the building and killing the people inside. I was afraid she and her group was going to be written as a super sympathetic good guys group in the end.

I like that the Dora Milaje is going to be involved in this. I think that was Florence Kasumba back as Ayo.

I'm also happy with Bucky's portrayal in this episode. He was not uncharacteristically incompetent in here unike in the 2nd episode.

The Ginger Ninja killing the GRC soldiers made me wince at her stupidity. Congratulations, you dumb bitch. You just went from Robin Hood to Osama Bin Laden. Now the GRC has all the justification it needs to come after you with overwhelming force. And as the previous episode proved, super-strength doesn't make you bulletproof. Meanwhile, support from people like the German couple who gave you a safe house is going to disappear:cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back