Opinion The F-15EX totally rocks and can carry hypersonic missiles.

PEB

Sunflower in support of Ukraine
@Steel
Reaction score
F-15 upgrade makes it very useful in using the F-15 in disputed areas and being able to go after Russian and Chinese aircraft at very high speed at over Mach 2.5 or above. It's capable to carrying nearly double the payload then the equivalent Chinese newest fighter jet and runs at a lower cost then the F-35 though its purchase price is 2 million higher then the base F-35. This is a good video on the upgraded F-15EX.

F-15 upgrade makes it very useful in using the F-15 in disputed areas and being able to go after Russian and Chinese aircraft at very high speed at over Mach 2.5 or above. It's capable to carrying nearly double the payload then the equivalent Chinese newest fighter jet and runs at a lower cost then the F-35 though its purchase price is 2 million higher then the base F-35. This is a good video on the upgraded F-15EX.

It's crazy the USA can always stay ahead of the game but I guess it isn't surprising since our budget is heavily spent on the military.

giphy.gif

I was laughing my ass off when the Chinese "weather balloon" was flying over our classified spaces and the Biden Administration comes out with ... it's too high at first. I'm like WTF? The F-15 holds the record at over 100,000 feet! We have tons of them... they have guns.... what are we waiting for? Well, we were waiting for a F-22 with a ceiling of about 60,000 to do it after it was over the ocean to give the "weather balloon" a salt bath destroying the electronics upon recovery.

I just had a F-15 blow over my house a few hours ago super low. Then I had a F-22. They are both magnificent. Then I got to see the F16's of the Thunderbirds and whatever those little jets the Canadian team flies. It's going on in HB this weekend at the Pacific Air Show. They did this too with a P-51 Mustang.

384567211_10233025526686841_1008922945774873693_n.jpg

If you know the planes, you'll know the gets are at full flaps. That's the only way they go slow enough to fly comfortably in formation with the P-51 Mustangs. The reason they fly with the Mustang is because it's a homage to an amazing plane that kicked ass. I took my beach cruiser down to the area and saw Trump's plane fly over too... tons of people were cheering. It's HB, they cheer for Republicans here and beat the shit out of ANTIFA when they show up.

The airshow is up against bad weather this year with a low cloud ceiling... bummer.

Last edited:
That would be F-22

You understand jets I think yes ?

What is the difference between the 22 and the 35 and why don't we sell 22s to other countries ?

Also if the 22 is the good one why does the 35 exist

I don't understand fighter jets , their different uses and purposes and which ones the best....if it doesnt bug you can you kinda explain the difference between 15 16 18 22 and 35 to me? I thought the 22 was supposed to replace the 18 and the 35 the 15 but the 15 and 18 seem pretty awesome and like they don't need replacing?

What is the difference between the 22 and the 35 and why don't we sell 22s to other countries ?

I don't understand fighter jets , their different uses and purposes and which ones the best....if it doesnt bug you can you kinda explain the difference between 15 16 18 22 and 35 to me? I thought the 22 was supposed to replace the 18 and the 35 the 15 but the 15 and 18 seem pretty awesome and like they don't need replacing?

The 4th generation fighters are the F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon and FA-18 Hornet. The F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning are newer 5th generation fighter jets which came with a difference in design philosophy. 5th Generation fighters focus more on stealth instead of being more maneuverable, more firepower or faster. The stealth fighters basically defeat other aircraft by not being detected and destroying targets before they even know they're there. In return for their sleathiness though, they might sacrifice speed, maneuverability, range or payload capacity.

The F-22 is the premier stealth air superiority fighter in the world. Has the lowest radar cross-section out of all fighter jets on the planet. The US does not export the F-22 to anyone because they don't want other countries getting their hands on the technology. It is more maneuverable than the F35. Downsides are that it can't carry that many missiles as other fighters and also much more expensive to both maintain and buy than the F35.

The F22 is the ultimate dog fighter and absolute best at what it does - hunting and killing other aircraft. Any enemy aircraft basically have zero chance of beating the F22. Top Gun is not accurate because F-22 would beat enemies from far away without being detected.

The F-35 is designed to be a more versatile mutli-role aircraft with a broader range of capabilities including air-to-air combat, air-to-ground strikes, and intelligence gathering. It is also super stealthy, but not as stealthy as the F-22. It's the second most stealthy fighter jet and the most advanced multi-role fighter on the planet. A stripped down version is what we export to US allies. They come in a lot of variants and actually has more advanced internals and sensor arrays than the F-22 because it is newer. They have advanced features that allow them to be used with drones or directing other less stealthy aircraft to launch missiles.

The older 4th generation fighters have their uses too and they carry more firepower than their 5th generation counterparts because they don't need to be stealthy. You might see an F-35 stealthily flying into enemy territory and identifying targets, then 4th generation fighters would come in and destroy them.

All of our strongest allies (UK, Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc) have F-35's as their most advanced jet fighter in their arsenals.

The F-14 Tomcat was designed as a fleet defense interceptor with the mission of intercepting enemy aircraft, especially bombers, before they could launch anti-ship missiles. It had very powerful engines and an exceptionally powerful radar so it could use the very long range AIM-54 Phoenix missile. It would inherit an air superiority role and later models added some air-to-ground capability. The F-14 was the "high" fighter of the Navy. Its mission has since been replaced by the F/A-18E/F SuperHornet. This was the jet fighter featured in the original Top Gun movie.

The F-15 Eagle was originally designed as an air superiority fighter that is highly maneuverable with superior acceleration. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions. It would go on to have an undefeated record in air-to-air combat to this day; not a single F-15 has been shot down in live air combat. It's the fastest fighter jet in the world.

The F-16 Fighting Falcon was designed to be a lightweight and cheap to maintain multi-role fighter - capable of air-to-air and air-to-ground combat, as well as for reconnaissance and electronic warfare. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions and known for its versatility and adaptability. It is the most exported fighter jet on the planet. Because it is so ubiquitous, that is the fighter jet Ukraine will get from the West.

The F/A-18 Hornet was developed as a carrier-based multirole fighter that could perform both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions as well as for reconnaissance and electronic warfare. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions. Also capable of carrying massive firepower - more missiles than the other fighter jets.

The 5th generation fighters are newer, but that entire time the military were also upgrading the 4th generation fighters at the same time.

The US military also have even more advanced aircraft, but they're all classified. The upcoming NGAD is some crazy science fiction type aircraft that will probably make use of one master aircraft controlling a bunch of drone aircraft and control it with AI. The Air Force will pick the final design in 2024.

Last edited:
The 4th generation fighters are the F-14 Tomcat, F-15 Eagle, F-16 Fighting Falcon and FA-18 Hornet. The F-22 Raptor and F-35 Lightning are newer 5th generation fighter jets which came with a difference in design philosophy. 5th Generation fighters focus more on stealth instead of being more maneuverable, more firepower or faster. The stealth fighters basically defeat other aircraft by not being detected and destroying targets before they even know they're there.

The F-22 is the premier stealth air superiority fighter in the world. Has the lowest radar cross-section out of all fighter jets on the planet. The US does not export the F-22 to anyone because they don't want other countries getting their hands on the technology. It is more maneuverable than the F35. Downsides are that it can't carry that many missiles as other fighters and also much more expensive to both maintain and buy than the F35.

The F22 is the ultimate dog fighter and absolute best at what it does - hunting and killing other aircraft. Any enemy aircraft basically have zero chance of beating the F22. Top Gun is not accurate because F-22 would beat enemies from far away without being detected.

The F-35 is designed to be a more versatile mutli-role aircraft with a broader range of capabilities including air-to-air combat, air-to-ground strikes, and intelligence gathering. It is also super stealthy, but not as stealthy as the F-22. It's the second most stealthy fighter jet and the most advanced multi-role fighter on the planet. A stripped down version is what we export to US allies. They come in a lot of variants and actually has more advanced internals and sensor arrays than the F-22 because it is newer. They have advanced features that allow them to be used with drones or directing other less stealthy aircraft to launch missiles.

The older 4th generation fighters have their uses too and they carry more firepower than their 5th generation counterparts because they don't need to be stealthy. You might see an F-35 stealthily flying into enemy territory and identifying targets, then 4th generation fighters would come in and destroy them.

All of our strongest allies (UK, Germany, Japan, South Korea, etc) have F-35's as their most advanced jet fighter in their arsenals.

The F-14 Tomcat was designed as a fleet defense interceptor with the mission of intercepting enemy aircraft, especially bombers, before they could launch anti-ship missiles. It had very powerful engines and an exceptionally powerful radar so it could use the very long range AIM-54 Phoenix missile. It would inherit an air superiority role and later models added some air-to-ground capability. The F-14 was the "high" fighter of the Navy. Its mission has since been replaced by the F/A-18E/F SuperHornet. This was the jet fighter featured in the original Top Gun movie.

The F-15 Eagle was originally designed as an air superiority fighter that is highly maneuverable with superior acceleration. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions. It would go on to have an undefeated record in air-to-air combat to this day; not a single F-15 has been shot down in live air combat.

The F-16 Fighting Falcon was designed to be a lightweight and cheap to maintain multi-role fighter - capable of air-to-air and air-to-ground combat, as well as for reconnaissance and electronic warfare. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions and known for its versatility and adaptability. It is the most exported fighter jet on the planet. Because it is so ubiquitous, that is the fighter jet Ukraine will get from the West.

The F/A-18 Hornet was developed as a carrier-based multirole fighter that could perform both air-to-air and air-to-ground missions as well as for reconnaissance and electronic warfare. It is also capable of performing close air support and interdiction missions. Also capable of carrying massive firepower - more missiles than the other fighter jets.

The 5th generation fighters are newer, but that entire time the military were also upgrading the 4th generation fighters at the same time.

The US military also have even more advanced aircraft but they're all classified. The upcoming NGAD is some crazy science fiction type aircraft that will probably make use of one master aircraft controlling a bunch of drone aircraft and control it with AI. The Air Force will pick the final design in 2024.

Thank you for your time this is exactly what I was looking for.

So some of the older ones are faster?

Thank you for including the 14 too.

So a followup question? Where do those jets rank up compared to each other on speeds ? And is the f4 faster too? I remember seeing some curly haired dude on the military channel back in the day call it a big fast bus.

I'm dumb I guess and I just assumed each Gen got faster and i wasn't aware the f14 was faf

I always thought the super hornets and a10s were in competition for coolest jet plane real life gi joe vehicle and only recently did I realize how cool the 14 and 15 were. Bad ass as it is I find the 22 lacking the same kind of almost artistic style as past generations. It looks like the soulless killing machine that it is .

Airshow was in town last month and now my phone sends me articles/pictures of fighter jets but I didn't quite understand all the different things they were for.

Thank you for your time this is exactly what I was looking for.

So some of the older ones are faster?

Thank you for including the 14 too.

So a followup question? Where do those jets rank up compared to each other on speeds ? And is the f4 faster too? I remember seeing some curly haired dude on the military channel back in the day call it a big fast bus.

I'm dumb I guess and I just assumed each Gen got faster and i wasn't aware the f14 was faf

I always thought the super hornets and a10s were in competition for coolest jet plane real life gi joe vehicle and only recently did I realize how cool the 14 and 15 were. Bad ass as it is I find the 22 lacking the same kind of almost artistic style as past generations. It looks like the soulless killing machine that it is .

Airshow was in town last month and now my phone sends me articles/pictures of fighter jets but I didn't quite understand all the different things they were for.

Yes the F-15 newest model EX is the fastest jet fighter in the world. F-4 is Mach 2.2.

The F-22 doesn't have "aesthetics" because it has internal weapons bays for it's missiles and designed to have the smallest radar signature as possible. It has the radar signature of a marble. Can't get a missile lock if radar can't detect it. By the time an enemy actually detects it, the F-22/F-35 will have already shot their missiles and be long gone.

The newest, most advanced fighters are not the fastest or most agile, but the most stealthy, smartest and most aware.

A fully armed FA-18 Super Hornet looks crazy - has the most missiles on it.

F-14 - Mach 2.34 and a service ceiling of 50,000 feet.
F-15 - Mach 2.5+ and a service ceiling of 65,000 feet.
F-16 -Mach 2+ and 50,000 feet.
F/A-18 - Mach 1.8+ and 50,000 feet.
F-22 - Mach 2 and 65,000 feet.
F-35 - Mach 1.5 and 50,000 feet

The craziest new jets will be the 6th generation NGAD.

Last edited:

F-22 is a air superiority fighter with some multi-roll capabilities and there is a bunch of stuff still heavily classified in the F-22. We should have sold some, but we didn't want data and stealth signature to fall into the wrong hands. F-22 is still not Detectable by any jets.It's Design to hunt and kill other fighter with out them knowing its there which it does a damn good job at.

F-35 is true multi-roll aircraft. I think of it as a true successor to the F-16, Also its made to replace some of the older F-16 Frames and F-18 frames that are getting a little old in the tooth. The issue is trying to have it replace so many aircraft at once which is can not do. Example, its not meant to Replace F-15 or A-10(well in my honest opinion it shouldn't Replace the A-10, something else should) these need separate programs which TBF F-15 EX and the NGAD will phase out the older F-15s and F-22s.

F-22 is a air superiority fighter with some multi-roll capabilities and there is a bunch of stuff still heavily classified in the F-22. We should have sold some, but we didn't want data and stealth signature to fall into the wrong hands. F-22 is still not Detectable by any jets.

F-35 is true multi-roll aircraft. I think of it as a true successor to the F-16, Also its made to replace some of the older F-16 Frames and F-18 frames that are getting a little old in the tooth. The issue is trying to have it replace so many aircraft at once which is can not do.
What’s your thoughts on keeping the A-10?

Back