The Epic Fight that Neither Fighter Deserved to Win

RonBurgundy

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Look, Anderson obviously won "the fight." He did significantly more damage.

And every chance he had to finish the fight, he refused to do it.

He had Bisping seriously hurt at least three times and each time, it seemed like Anderson explicitly tried to let Bisping recover. He came out in the 4th round and didn't throw a strike for a good 30 seconds. He blasted him with that front kick and just stood there and watched him recover. He hit him with the high roundhouse kick early in the 5th and just backed off and let Bisping recover. Anderson obviously won the fight. But, IMO, didn't deserve to have his hand raised because of all the time he wasted not engaging in the fight.

Bisping? Props to him for hanging in there and getting his ass kicked in between landing more ineffective strikes than his opponent. But I just can't see how he or his team can be excited for "winning" a fight where he absolutely got his ass kicked. He landed one combination of consequence in the fight. And otherwise took advantage of Anderson Silva being Anderson Silva and stole the fight on the 10 point must system.

Again.. Having said that. Silva has nobody to blame but himself. He could have finished that fight about 4 different times, and for whatever reason, didn't do it.

What a unique fight.

I can see why he and his team are excited. He got the nod over Silva, no matter what.

Bisping won the rounds, Silva won the Fight. Scoring is based on rounds, so Bisping won.

I can see why he and his team are excited. He got the nod over Silva, no matter what.

Bisping won the rounds, Silva won the Fight. Scoring is based on rounds, so Bisping won.
He got the nod, but only because Silva let him have it.

He got a brutal ass-kicking handed to him. And half the crowd in England actually booed the decision after the fact. I feel bad for Bisping on so many levels... His best look in this fight was to take the beating and not get finished. Not be a default winner because Anderson Silva's brain operates on some weird level that didn't allow him to finish the fight.

Weird, weird fight..

Again.. Having said that. Silva has nobody to blame but himself. He could have finished that fight about 4 different times, and for whatever reason, didn't do it.

What a unique fight.

I really don't understand what makes people say this. Anderson was throwing more in the first couple of rounds and he lost most of the exchanges. One put him on his ass and earned his face a bunch of gnp. His way to stop this happening was to stop throwing punches, stand around near the fence and lose rounds. The only time he could have finished was at the end of the third, and that was because he fucked up and celebrated early. Every other time he got Bisping on the backfoot he was afraid of being countered and put on his ass again, so never started unloading.

I don't get the damage argument. Bisping wobbled Anderson multiple times and knocked him down as well. He had more cuts but that's only because of their skin types.

I agree that Anderson had the finish in front of him a few times but Bisping wasn't that far from getting a finish himself either imo. He landed good shots. Anderson had a few chances and didn't take them. Bisping showed heart and fought hard for five rounds. He deserve the win no matter what. Anderson wasn't active enough and let his opportunities slide.

I wasn't rooting for anyone though and really enjoyed the fight. It was awesome.

Back