Economy The Downside Of Minimum Wage

So society had a need for proper waste management and communicated that need via govt. The private sector responded and now we have a private market to address that need. Whether the clients are the people directly or the govt, it's still a private market addressing the needs of society.

In other words, the govt became a customer that demanded waste management and the free-market produced suppliers of that waste management. So it's the capitalistic concept of supply/demand in action.
Lol, this makes zero sense.

Did you take Econ classes from PragerU of something? Time to request a refund from whoever made you this way.

Explain why it makes no sense.
It’s a bunch of ham-fisted nonsense that doesn’t resemble any popular Econ theory that I’m familiar with. It’s also just wrong from a historic view of public policy.

When Congress passed environmental laws during the 1970s, they added a variety of regulatory and criminal penalties for violations of these statutes. The EPA even has a database/search engine where you can see the results of individual cases.

https://cfpub.epa.gov/compliance/criminal_prosecution/index.cfm

What I’m trying to say in a charitable way is that it’s easier to say what’s right with your post, and the answer is “not much”.

It’s a bunch of ham-fisted nonsense that doesn’t resemble any popular Econ theory that I’m familiar with. It’s also just wrong from a historic view of public policy.

When Congress passed environmental laws during the 1970s, they added a variety of regulatory and criminal penalties for violations of these statutes. The EPA even has a database/search engine where you can see the results of individual cases.

https://cfpub.epa.gov/compliance/criminal_prosecution/index.cfm

What I’m trying to say in a charitable way is that it’s easier to say what’s right with your post, and the answer is “not much”.
You're not familiar with the economic theory of supply/demand and voluntary agreements between parties? Or in other words capitalism? That's what this was. Unless you're saying the govt (the demand) forced waste management companies (the supply) into taking their business.

Or maybe you're referring to the govt requiring businesses to properly dispose of their waste to reduce pollution. That's not the govt restricting the negotiation between two parties like with MW laws. That's them saying "yea, you can continue to make your agreements that have the unintended consequence of creating pollution, but you need to properly dispose of that."

So again, I ask you to point to which part of my posts don't make sense.

Lol, this makes zero sense.

Did you take Econ classes from PragerU of something? Time to request a refund from whoever made you this way.
Don't waste your time. He's knows it makes no sense but he's psychologically committed to supporting it regardless. More to the point, he's desperate to drag you (or anyone) into the weeds of this.

Don't waste your time. He's knows it makes no sense but he's psychologically committed to supporting it regardless. More to the point, he's desperate to drag you (or anyone) into the weeds of this.
Instead of this post directed toward a guy who interjected himself into a back-and-forth (somehow that means I dragged him in), you could have elaborated how I changed what I said.

But who are we kidding? You're an emotional passive-aggressive poster who really can't defend their point and you always have been.

<Dany07>

You're not familiar with the economic theory of supply/demand and voluntary agreements between parties? Or in other words capitalism? That's what this was. Unless you're saying the govt (the demand) forced waste management companies (the supply) into taking their business.

Or maybe you're referring to the govt requiring businesses to properly dispose of their waste to reduce pollution. That's not the govt restricting the negotiation between two parties like with MW laws. That's them saying "yea, you can continue to make your agreements that have the unintended consequence of creating pollution, but you need to properly dispose of that."

So again, I ask you to point to which part of my posts don't make sense.
Literally the whole thing. I agree with @panamaican, there’s not much point debating you on this topic, because you don’t understand even basic fundamental topics.

Literally the whole thing. I agree with @panamaican, there’s not much point debating you on this topic, because you don’t understand even basic fundamental topics.
I understand them which is why I explained them multiple times ITT. You and your passive-aggressive little friend there can only make posts saying "you don't understand" or post loosely related info, without countering what I said, but deluding yourself into thinking you did.

I've seen this part of the back-and-forth many times before. Over the next few posts, you won't try to form a rebuttal, but you'll continue to just say you're right and I'm wrong until you eventually slink away.

{<jordan}

And I always enjoy it, bud.

I understand them which is why I explained them multiple times ITT. You and your passive-aggressive little friend there can only make posts saying "you don't understand" or post loosely related info, without countering what I said, but deluding yourself into thinking you did.

I've seen this part of the back-and-forth many times before. Over the next few posts, you won't try to form a rebuttal, but you'll continue to just say you're right and I'm wrong until you eventually slink away.

{<jordan}

And I always enjoy it, bud.
I don’t think it takes a degree in Econ or even a G.E.D. to figure out that you’re completely full of shit.

Deep down, even you understand that fact, but you’re in too deep to quit.

But you’ve apparently chosen the sovereign citizen/flat earther strategy of trying to bait people into arguing point-by-point with your made-up nonsense.

Nobody’s going to spend the time picking the corn out of your turds little buddy. Market failure and externalities aren’t even very controversial topics in the economics field, but here you are, arguing that that they don’t exist. “Society had a need for proper waste management and communicated that need via govt.” Lol.

It’s a rational, market-based decision not to waste time arguing with somebody who isn’t capable of admitting they’re wrong.

I don’t think it takes a degree in Econ or even a G.E.D. to figure out that you’re completely full of shit.

Deep down, even you understand that fact, but you’re in too deep to quit.

But you’ve apparently chosen the sovereign citizen/flat earther strategy of trying to bait people into arguing point-by-point with your made-up nonsense.

Nobody’s going to spend the time picking the corn out of your turds little buddy. Market failure and externalities aren’t even very controversial topics in the economics field, but here you are, arguing that that they don’t exist. “Society had a need for proper waste management and communicated that need via govt.” Lol.

It’s a rational, market-based decision not to waste time arguing with somebody who isn’t capable of admitting they’re wrong.
I can see why you're not even trying to argue. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You can't even read properly. I never said market failure or externalities don't exist. I even provided definitions for them ITT.

That entire rambling post and the most you could offer up was a weak strawman.

<Dany07>

You emotional failure.

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>

I can see why you're not even trying to argue. You obviously don't know what you're talking about. You can't even read properly. I never said market failure or externalities don't exist. I even provided definitions for them ITT.
I don’t need to do much here, since it’s painfully obvious that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Literally cringe level of projection happening here. Your definitions were an absolute joke.

That entire rambling post and the most you could offer up was a weak strawman.

<Dany07>

You emotional failure.

<{Heymansnicker}><{Heymansnicker}>
Almost-did-good.gif

We get it, you pleasured yourself to some Murray Rothbard and wanted to share.

Literally nobody here agrees with you, which is a bad sign.

I don’t need to do much here, since it’s painfully obvious that you don’t know what you’re talking about. Literally cringe level of projection happening here. Your definitions were an absolute joke.

Almost-did-good.gif

We get it, you pleasured yourself to some Murray Rothbard and wanted to share.

Literally nobody here agrees with you, which is a bad sign.
Yea, you sure are projecting. We agree on that. You embarrassed yourself with that strawman and are trying to save face...and failing.

<Dany07>

The right answer is when private citizens and companies work with the Government in smart ways to achieve massive goals. Such as getting to the moon.

Yea, you sure are projecting. We agree on that. You embarrassed yourself with that strawman and are trying to save face...and failing.

<Dany07>
Literally the same shitty post that you posted before.

You’re spent.

What part of that is false?
If an employee is paid $15/hr. The employer is most likely actually paying around $25/hr for them to be there. Do you think everyone would cover their own cost?
If your employee doesn't cover his own costs then you don't have enough business to hire an employee in the first place and your business will probably fail anyway if you make such dumb mistakes.

If your employee doesn't cover his own costs then you don't have enough business to hire an employee in the first place and your business will probably fail anyway if you make such dumb mistakes.
So you think everyone makes their company that? Newsflash, they don't. So if you force employers to pay them more than they're worth, that cost gets passed on to the customer. Which is why there is such a debate.

WB Employee: Welcome to Whataburger. What can I get for you?
Me: I'd like a Whataburger meal #1, easy onions, add grilled jalapenos. For here.
WBE: Sliced or grilled jalapenos?
Me: Grilled.
WBE: Did you want the meal?
Me: Yes.
WBE: For here or to go?
Me:
<Huh2>

*yeah, you're worth $15/hour* he thought to himself

Back